DRN STN - wtf is it and where to buy it?

Reminds me of my old Television. I can imagine this being an all in one steam box. lol.

That is the perfect idea! take an old tv, scrap the insides and replace it with new monitors and motherboards so it looks like old tv but with new modern monitors, with an perfect couch gaming OS

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

That is the perfect idea! take an old tv, scrap the insides and replace it with new monitors and motherboards so it looks like old tv but with new modern monitors, with an perfect couch gaming OS

isn't that similar to the first iMac?...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Well, yeah, but we wouldn't be overpaying for a brand name or retail store "geniuses!"

On a different note, this AIO looks too retro, in all the wrong ways, and costs WAY too much for what you are getting. I mean, a cheap steel case, a monitor, and a plastic outer shell for $1000? Hellll no!

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

More or less, AIO pc but the case of an OLD tv, not those bulky jvc ones.. the ones that still has black and white and you have to turn the knob to change the channel ones

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

what up with the low bitrate video linus ?

doesnt look good even at 1080p

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I thought your review of this was well rounded, its giving us viewer's more of a pro and con of the item.

i was expecting @Slick to chime in about this AIO in his view of it being mainly aimed at lans i think?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

actually my father would love it

he had a project that required a powerful computer (laptop didn't work that good)

and he had to move it a lot because it was on field tests

and most of the machines were above 30000$ ,so the price of the computer was not a problem

we did end up building a normal PC but there were a lot of wires.

so it may not by for the average consumer, and it does not look like one.

ill show him this ,we might actually take it and use the old parts.

:)

This is pretty neat, but wow it is hidious. The price is insane as well. For $1000 there is no excuse for them including such a bad chassis for mounting hardware and a TN panel. AIOs always have comprimises somewhere but the corners these folks cut is a bit ridiculous. It's probably been 4 or 5 years since I've seen a "high end" chassis with internals designed that poorly.

Being in the military i have to move between bases alot, something like this would be easier to move around than my current setup, but it would have to be way more rigid than the one linus was showing, hopefully the release something similar but sturdier 

To me it looks like a field computer the sort you'd find geologists or archaeologists using.

when i see this all i can think of is a over sized vectrex

Image for the people who have no idea what i'm talking about

sMo4hFL.jpg

I love the fact that its a all-in-one monitor and computer,

and especially the fact that you can put a disc drive underneath the monitor, thats retro as hell and takes

you all back to the old days :) Most of those desktops-at-the-back-of-a-monitor things look like they can't handle more heat than just intel hd graphics. This, with all those fans, looks like it can cool almost anything. So the cooling solution sounds good in theory, but was that measured wrong or really that damn hot? 80 degrees Celsius just sounds way too hot , even for a maximum scenario.

I know the hardware can manage it, it just... is not my cup of tea.  

In conclusion, an epic idea just a complete failure of a result. The price also is out of proportion. 

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

It looks really good to me. (Am I weird?) The face that it support ATX mobos really surprised me. The Crate computer is upgradable. But it's just mITX. So no SLI or Crossfire. You can have up to 3 way SLI in this thing. It will be great if they make it more rigid, lower the price tag and include speakers in it :)

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

That case inside is so freaking weak. It flexed so easy. I wouldn't trust my components in there.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

For someone who want full PC but needs portability, maybe. But I still think there isn´t a lot of people who want something like this. Lot of enthusiasts gonna build PC in a normal case (I would sure do) Because frankly I don´t like the fixed screen and overall design. But the cooling looks good in this, gonna give them that :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Ha, site's dead.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Whole part of do it yourself is the easy access of your components...  Also anyone that wants to do a do it yourself project usually would want to see the parts or have people see the parts.  Not something I would be interested in... It would however be a great start unit if you wanted to make your own pc arcade setup.  But the amount of cost that would go into such a unit you are likely just better to build your own custom box and set it up to your own preference.  

Says private. I'm on mobile

I'm on mobile and that happened to me to

Ha! Very good - and no I didn't miss the unboxings at all which is an improvement in my opinion, so please keep doing what your doing.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

You crashed there site LOL.

It's gotten better but the B-roll doesn't always match what your saying lately. I get a little confused when your standing there looking at the camera talking about some part of it and B-roll doesn't come tell after your just about done with the subject. Sometimes it makes sense but sometimes I have to go back and listen again after I have visually seen it. For example the PCI-e bracket in this video. I would rather have you show us while talking about it like you use to, instead of B-roll later.

Like in other videos you cut the b-roll and you continue talking and you say something like "Now look at this" and were still watching the B-roll and we come back at the tail end of it. It's really annoying.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q