Creeper PC is damaged

ManosMax13

Oh shoot did the motherboard come loose from the case?

hopefully it's just as simple as rescrewing the motherboard to the plate and maybe connecting a few cables

hopefully nothing broke 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Why have you named the thread as if YOU got the PC from Linus?

A better name would be "Pewdiepie got the Creeper PC from Linus"

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Just now, Ezzy-525 said:

For a second I thought pewdiepie was on the forum lol

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

@LinusTech UPS or FedEx? Lol either one is just as bad.

EDIT: Wait they said they were gonna put it on a pallet. So it must've been a different shipper, no?

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

United

Package

Smashers

Lol I’ve never had a problem with UPS, FedEx on the other hand... 

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Lol I’ve never had a problem with UPS, FedEx on the other hand... 

I've got a good friend on the inside, I've heard/seen some...awful things about how they handle packages. If you're shipping UPS you better double box your stuff and make it look super worthless.

Just now, Bitter said:

I've got a good friend on the inside, I've heard/seen some...awful things about how they handle packages. If you're shipping UPS you better double box your stuff and make it look super worthless.

Yeah at this point it doesn’t matter who I ship with, I kind of expect the package to be either drop kicked across a warehouse or thrown straight off a plane for extra fast delivery straight to someone’s front door.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Yeah at this point it doesn’t matter who I ship with, I kind of expect the package to be either drop kicked across a warehouse or thrown straight off a plane for extra fast delivery straight to someone’s front door.

Correct! Always package it like it's going to get dropped 6+ feet repeatedly and if it's something very valuable and you must ship it with one of the two services then pay for them to pack it at the store otherwise they will deny your claim and say it wasn't properly packaged! First thing they'll say is improper packing not their fault then you whip out that trap card that they packed it and now you just have to wait 6 months calling every day for them to decide that it's not a valid claim for some other reason lol.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

so i believe the motherboard came loose in shipping and began banging around inside case causing the dent. I don't think something hit it, denting the motherboard making it come loose because it seemed very well packaged.

I mean they could have tried to do a better packing job like putting inside the PC some of those expandable foam packs (Instapak) and perhaps put some more bubble wrap or paper, or some kind of material that dampens the shocks because just by looking at it, it does seem like it could have been improved. Obviously I'm not some kind of expert at shipping things, but from my perspective the packaging could have been improved.

https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2020_04/Capture.PNG.cc86c8af12db90c3a1a8794555777013.PNG

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I mean they could have tried to do a better packing job like putting inside the PC some of those expandable foam packs (Instapak) and perhaps put some more bubble wrap or paper, or some kind of material that dampens the shocks because just by looking at it, it does seem like it could have been improved. Obviously I'm not some kind of expert at shipping things, but from my perspective the packaging could have been improved.

-snip-

Looking at that photo, it seems more like it was LMG's fault. If it was just on a truck, it has a TON of room in that box to move from left to right, can't see up and down so I won't judge too much. But when making a left turn at a stoplight or banking right on the highway, that thing WILL move and shift around. And because it's heavy, it will shift HARD. It may have even shifted the whole crate around if it wasn't secured down (which to my knowledge, things usually aren't mostly by design). LMG really biffed this one.

3 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Because he says "I got the pc from linus" but the linus is mispronounced and i dont know how to write linus the way he said it like LYNOUS or something yes that is more accurate.

3 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Because he says "I got the pc from linus" but the linus is mispronounced and i dont know how to write linus the way he said it like LYNOUS or something yes that is more accurate.

" linnous "

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

7 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Looking at that photo, it seems more like it was LMG's fault. If it was just on a truck, it has a TON of room in that box to move from left to right, can't see up and down so I won't judge too much. But when making a left turn at a stoplight or banking right on the highway, that thing WILL move and shift around. And because it's heavy, it will shift HARD. It may have even shifted the whole crate around if it wasn't secured down (which to my knowledge, things usually aren't mostly by design). LMG really biffed this one.

I mean if you sending something this expensive you should know the piece you made is fragile im not saying computer components are fragile because they are not but when something like your motherboard bents thats not up the shipping company to handle LMG should have known better to wrap in with more foam to absorb the impacts or more cushions. 

Live and you learn i guess.

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

I like how in true YouTuber fashion, when he sees the board is out of position (he clearly knows something is wrong, he said it himself), instead of figuring out why and fixing it, he just haphazardly lifts up the entire thing and moves it upstairs... 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580