BOINC Pentathlon 2020

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I think they know what we're up to.

500596075_Screenshotfrom2020-05-1713-33-03.png.b2bbe2cc38937bfa2c12a20462ac505e.png

Whenever we up our output they seem to raise theirs to match.

You could go spy on them.聽馃檪

https://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/threads/435511-11-Pentathlon-2020

4 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

I could but it wouldn't change our situation. Just speculating why almost every time I see our hourly output jump so does theirs. Like they want to keep us at just arms reach.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

I could but it wouldn't change our situation. Just speculating why almost every time I see our hourly output jump so does theirs. Like they want to keep us at just arms reach.

We just need more people on Rosetta, more I say more!

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I think our only option is to simply overpower how much CPU they have. We don't know what they've got though and it seems as if they've got CPU to spare so it's anybodies guess weather or not we'll pull it off. You helped bridge the gap with that 275K dump this morning (I think that's what I saw). If we can pour everything we've got into it we may yet pass them but it'll be a photo-finish.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Would it help if after I dump my NumberFields bunkers I turn off CPU tasks for聽NumberFields and switch the CPU over to Rosetta and keep the GPUs on聽NumberFields ? I only have a R7 2700X using 12 threads.

3 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Would it help if after I dump my NumberFields bunkers I turn off CPU tasks for聽NumberFields and switch the CPU over to Rosetta and keep the GPUs on聽NumberFields ? I only have a R7 2700X using 12 threads.

Yep moving your CPU to Rosetta would help, it's so close anything could be the difference, even a 4 core Atom lol

Yep moving your CPU to Rosetta would help, it's so close anything could be the difference, even a 4 core Atom lol

Breakout the ol'FX-8150 that I received a settlement check for for a lawsuit I never knew happened.

I was away from my computer, but I just remoted in and got stuff fixed up. 12 Thread 3600 on Rosetta, and GPU back to bunkering. I think we defiantly have enough, but it only pulls like 2 cores away from Rosetta, so I think its worth it.聽

Check Out My F@H Stats HERE

Check Out My BOINC Stats HERE

Just now, etv24 said:

I was away from my computer, but I just remoted in and got stuff fixed up. 12 Thread 3600 on Rosetta, and GPU back to bunkering. I think we defiantly have enough, but it only pulls like 2 cores away from Rosetta, so I think its worth it.聽

It is 1CPU+1GPU for each GPU task. Do leave a couple threads free for the system or else it chokes on itself. Especially if you're running Windows.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

It is 1CPU+1GPU for each GPU task. Do leave a couple threads free for the system or else it chokes on itself. Especially if you're running Windows.

I had it configured at some point to run 2 per GPU because it was around 50% otherwise. And yeah I have just been leaving one thread open, it seems to be enough (windows). I'm not really using the computer while it's crunching. Any reason I would need more then one?

1 minute ago, etv24 said:

I had it configured at some point to run 2 per GPU because it was around 50% otherwise. And yeah I have just been leaving one thread open, it seems to be enough (windows). I'm not really using the computer while it's crunching. Any reason I would need more then one?

Only if you are using it or memory usage is over 90%, doing 1 less Rosetta thread can speed them all up if you are at memory limit.

Just now, etv24 said:

It's something you would want to fine-tune to see which number of free threads gives you the highest PPD. Personally a starting metric is when looking at your overall CPU utilization in Task Manager don't let it peg the CPU at 100%. Aim for 95%. Last year I tested this and gave the same advise to leadeater. IIRC we both saw higher PPD's by not pegging the CPU at 100%

9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It's something you would want to fine-tune to see which number of free threads gives you the highest PPD. Personally a starting metric is when looking at your overall CPU utilization in Task Manager don't let it peg the CPU at 100%. Aim for 95%. Last year I tested this and gave the same advise to leadeater. IIRC we both saw higher PPD's by not pegging the CPU at 100%

I shut down one more core so now I am sitting like 90-94% usage. I can defiantly see the logic behind that, lets the system do it's thing. I'll keep an eye on PPD.聽

1 minute ago, etv24 said:

I shut down one more core so now I am sitting like 90-94% usage. I can defiantly see the logic behind that, lets the system do it's thing. I'll keep an eye on PPD.聽

QJust did the same on 2 of my systems dam it hurts lol.聽 have to lower a dual core 4 thread to 3 thread and quad core (SR) to 6 threads... but will see what happens nibbler and JR are next...

My EOC F@H stats聽| My F@H Stats聽|聽My Real time F@H Production聽| My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair聽CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD |聽EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte聽X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000聽Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-聽Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD聽R7-5800H聽| 64GB DDR4-3200聽| PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-聽Omicron_Persei_8:聽Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711聽& 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB聽| Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT聽XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 |聽Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:聽 Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G |聽EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte聽X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX |聽

Honorable聽Mentions:

- iZac (Server):聽Fractal Design聽Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB聽| AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler:聽Framework 16 | Win 11聽Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M聽 | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter聽| F@H in the Dark聽| HFM Setup

Should have rolled out those 5 24 core VMs from the start, would have made all of this so much easier聽馃檭聽Would have given 850k+ more over the event, oh well.

Should have rolled out those 5 24 core VMs from the start, would have made all of this so much easier聽馃檭聽Would have given 850k+ more over the event, oh well.

You already have 600 sum threads how much more could you possibly聽be holding out on us?

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

You already have 600 sum threads how much more could you possibly聽be holding out on us?

788 atm. If I could have gotten in to work I could have built another 7-10 DL560 Gen8 servers with 4x E5-4650 in them plus maybe like another 4-6 other servers聽馃挭

Edit

Oh and I almost forgot about the 7 2x E5-2690v4 servers I could have added as well, stupid virus.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

788 atm. If I could have gotten in to work I could have built another 7-10 DL560 Gen8 servers with 4x E5-4650 in them plus maybe like another 4-6 other servers聽馃挭

Edit

Oh and I almost forgot about the 7 2x E5-2690v4 servers I could have added as well, stupid virus.

Speaking of the DL560. Any idea what the function of the power connector is on the PCI_e riser boards? The PCI_e slots on the board have the power pins so...

15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Edit

wow ummmm yeah uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

53f0571871bc7ce99c361b2497e7d88e.png.252f13ea71f93080f15b9c0e2ca9616f.pngi thought my ~128 threads聽was a lot...聽

My EOC F@H stats聽| My F@H Stats聽|聽My Real time F@H Production聽| My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair聽CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD |聽EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte聽X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000聽Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

-聽Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD聽R7-5800H聽| 64GB DDR4-3200聽| PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

-聽Omicron_Persei_8:聽Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711聽& 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB聽| Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT聽XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 |聽Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:聽 Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G |聽EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte聽X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX |聽

Honorable聽Mentions:

- iZac (Server):聽Fractal Design聽Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB聽| AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler:聽Framework 16 | Win 11聽Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M聽 | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter聽| F@H in the Dark聽| HFM Setup

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Speaking of the DL560. Any idea what the function of the power connector is on the PCI_e riser boards? The PCI_e slots on the board have the power pins so...

GPU power, there's HPE GPU power cables you can buy (or just make your own) that you need to use GPUs in the server. At least I'm pretty sure that's what they are for, been a while since I looked and we don't have GPUs in ours.

GPU power, there's HPE GPU power cables you can buy (or just make your own) that you need to use GPUs in the server. At least I'm pretty sure that's what they are for, been a while since I looked and we don't have GPUs in ours.

I have the idea in my head to put a pair of R9 290X's in the server if they'll physically fit. I don't know if that connector will supply enough power though. Think I'll have to solder wires directly to the PSU output.

Ok ok, pushing two more 32 core servers, once I manage to remote into the instances. I believe they are good old Skylake.

Should put about 260 cores on my side, this time it's scrapping under the sofa 馃槀. I still have around 64 on sprint.

It's funny how @leadeater聽makes me feel all small.

BOINC聽-聽F@H

3 minutes ago, ffbr said:

It's funny how @leadeater聽makes me feel all small.

As you know we need everything so it doesn't matter, only takes a small group of Ryzen members to match what I have which just goes to show just how crazy and awesome AMD has been in the last few years, actual giant strides in CPU performance.