Gamestop claims they are essential retail and are staying open during lockdown

spartaman64
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

We’re dying for you.  

Thanks. Now end the shutdown so people can go back to work.

#Muricaparrotgang

Depending on the area they dont have to be "essential" to stay open.

In my area they can legally stay open as long as they dont have more then ten people in at a time.

I actually went to gamestop on the way to work friday and got some games for my kids wii u.

On 3/20/2020 at 5:25 PM, AngryBeaver said:

A lot of states are going to levy huge fines on these places. Which honestly will probably be the final nail in the coffin for gamestop.

Screw that, the entire executive board should go to jail.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Thanks. Now end the shutdown so people can go back to work.

It will end.  It’s not sustainable.  The attempt is to buy time to get the medical system ramped up.  For isolation to work by itself it would take 18 months which we don’t have.  My guess/suspicion is it’s going to end in some places in as little as a few weeks.  Part of the problem appears to be protective gear for health workers.  There is a massive shortage that built up.  We’ve got to set up to make some ourselves.  One bright spot is Alcohol producers such as beer manufacturers are starting to make medicinal alcohol stuff.  We need a lot of things though.  Masks, gowns, ventilators, swabs, testing materials, plastic parts for all of the above.  We don’t have much of an industrial base anymore.  We need time.  It is being bought.  At great cost.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

As much as I like physical game media over the terrible digital storefronts, I dislike Gamestop and wish something else would take it's place. But I'm with Gamestop on this. This outbreak is being massively overblown and thousands of people are losing jobs, and I'm sure lots of businesses are going to die or be severely hampered. I'm working at a restaurant where we can only do take-out orders. My schedule for next week has been reduced to 2 3 hour shifts from full time. At least it's something.

And why is everything closing earlier? Does the zombie virus spread faster in the dark?

Check and see if you can file for unemployement. I "fired" 90% of my workers so they could get it and even the two i kept on got it for the hours they lost.

these establishments would evaporate if all of the people just stopped walking into them for 2 months. But hey, we got people who sustain & nurture it.

Details separate people.

Just came back in from our local Gamestop store and asked the manager if they would stay open if told to shut down..... And the answer was "Probrableeeeey..... NOT".

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

If only you could download games online instead of needing to buy a physical disc.. oh wait.. you can.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

19 minutes ago, Maticks said:

If only you could download games online instead of needing to buy a physical disc.. oh wait.. you can.

Yeah, but everyone doesn't like downloading their games. And you forget some people do have internet caps, so it isn't that cut and dry. 

Also sidenote on the subject of Gamestop, it is a report going around that Pittsburgh's Governor forced them to shutdown in PA, lol 

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

1 hour ago, GreatnessRD said:

Yeah, but everyone doesn't like downloading their games. And you forget some people do have internet caps, so it isn't that cut and dry. 

Also sidenote on the subject of Gamestop, it is a report going around that Pittsburgh's Governor forced them to shutdown in PA, lol 

Image result for cardboard game cd

gl with that nowadays

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

Image result for cardboard game cd

gl with that nowadays

lol, point still remains. Still a ton of games that use the disc as a check source while it runs off the HDD. And not just a floppy that directs you for a download code.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I'm tempted to call my local gamestop to see if they're still open

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/20/21188799/gamestop-california-store-closures-indefinite-coronavirus

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

23 hours ago, CTR640 said:

How come this trash store still isn't bankrupt if their employees and customers are treated like trash?

GameStop has been on the decline for years, a quick Google search will tell you that. The fact that they insist on staying open during an epidemic using this half baked excuse from corporate tells you they have little regard for the safety of both their employees and their customers.

19 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

The used physical-media game retail market would almost cease to exist if they went out of business, so I can understand why there are people that patronize them as they operate in a very niche market.

Would it though? There are many different alternatives these days that generally work out better for both parties leaving GameStop out of the transaction. You can use eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, just to name a few. 

Was just told about an hour or so ago corporate for Gamestop now has it's stores handing out games curbside only, starting tomorrow.

The dudes I know at the local one here told me since I popped in again with the wife in tow and that's when they told her (And Me) about it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

GameStop has released a public statement. They're closing all of their stores and offering online and curbside pickup only.

http://news.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-provides-us-store-operations-and-customer-service

Effective March 22, 2020 – GameStop will close customer access to U.S. storefronts and will process orders on a digital only basis, moving to curbside pick-up at stores and eCommerce delivery only

Effective Sunday March 22, 2020 , for all locations not already closed in accordance with state and local orders, GameStop will temporarily stop customer access to storefronts, processing orders on a digital only basis, moving to curbside pick-up at stores and eCommerce delivery only. This will allow the Company to continue to serve customers who have purchased online at GameStop.com and the GameStop app and have requested a product pick-up at their local store.

Was that so hard to do in the first place?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

GameStop has released a public statement. They're closing all of their stores and offering online and curbside pickup only.

http://news.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-provides-us-store-operations-and-customer-service

Was that so hard to do in the first place?

you realize why the sudden change right? philli's gov yank all the stores in the state permits because they wouldnt close

On 3/21/2020 at 7:10 AM, Salv8 (sam) said:

yea he did, and something tells me that he didn't agree with this decision but a majority vote was held and went ahead anyway.

i agree with you on that, but i'll wait a few months before coming to a conclusion.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

On 3/21/2020 at 10:31 PM, circeseye said:

you realize why the sudden change right? philli's gov yank all the stores in the state permits because they wouldnt close

Also they managed to milk all they could out of the release window for Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal.

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

Also they managed to milk all they could out of the release window for Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal.

business wise: smart move, but chances are that wont keep them afloat for long.

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

30 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

business wise: smart move, but chances are that wont keep them afloat for long.

Ethically, they're ****heads.  Morally at the corporate level, they're almost bankrupt.  GAME in the UK seems similar.  Both of them stay open yet claim to have everyone's safety in mind.  Nah.  I don't buy it bruh (and with your prices I never will anyway).  Gamestop's a company that's somehow managing to die a slower death than Blockbuster did, and Gamestop's been needing to vanish or completely change business models for a long time.  I think they should just stop selling games entirely and sell themselves to Spencer's.

6 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Ethically, they're ****heads.  Morally at the corporate level, they're almost bankrupt.  GAME in the UK seems similar.  Both of them stay open yet claim to have everyone's safety in mind.  Nah.  I don't buy it bruh (and with your prices I never will anyway).  Gamestop's a company that's somehow managing to die a slower death than Blockbuster did, and Gamestop's been needing to vanish or completely change business models for a long time.  I think they should just stop selling games entirely and sell themselves to Spencer's.

i like to imagine EB games in australia is the only thing keeping them afloat

source: from australia and shop at zing alot (geeky offshoot of eb)

Daily drivers

This is just capitalism in it finest form and I would be shocked if they don't get fined into bankruptcy

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

Jimmy Johns decides where gonna stay open so when this is *hopefully* over, we have the reputation of staying open, our franchise owner told us we will go 1/4 million in debt before closing...

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

You had 3 customers last month what makes you think your going to even get that with most of the population paranoid by media blowing things out of proportion and sitting at home?  How do you sell enough to pay your employees in the first place?  Plus a lot of the stores that are in malls were force closed.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Their Canadian counterpart - EB Games - is going to be forced shut as of this week by the Ontario government. All non-essential services are being shut down and they provided a fairly comprehensive list. EB Games in no way qualifies. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)