Gamestop claims they are essential retail and are staying open during lockdown

spartaman64

before you guyz jump on the attacking mode here's some more info people don't know yet 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

before you guyz jump on the attacking mode here's some more info people don't know yet 

you mean when they almost have their business license pulled they had to rethink things wew

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

you mean when they almost have their business license pulled they had to rethink things wew

This seems to be a thing with some businesses.  There are several businesses for which this is a “lean time”. There is a local not-quite-chain of resteraunts where they were opening a new location but hadn’t quite actually opened when corona hit.  The owner closed all the restaurants, and left employees without their last paycheck, or any of their tips. GameStop is in a somewhat similar situation:  they service game consoles.  There’s a new game console juuuusst about to come out and if they can survive long enough for it to hit they will have a good business again.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:51 AM, WI-FIultrasnoop said:

Gamestop.jpg

games in physical form are unplayable due to industry standards of launching games in a broken state

Such practice forces the consumer, after installing the game from the disc, to download patches that most of the time are as large as the installed game if not more

Therefore if we have to end up downloading "patches" larger than whats on the disc, that is pretty close in size to the the digital release of the same game, might as well simply leave out the physical format out of the equation and grab it directly in digital form.

Since GameStop's presence in the digital front is none existent, gamestop is not essential. 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, WI-FIultrasnoop said:

naaa bro, it's essential.

naaa m8, it's as essential as blockbuster 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

naaa m8, it's as essential as blockbuster 

Might be might not be.  Console gamers aren’t PC enthusiasts.  Point is possible though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Might be might not be.  Console gamers aren’t PC enthusiasts.  Point is possible though.

my whole premise revolves around consoles

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

my whole premise revolves around consoles

There might for example be a factor where game developers are limited in the level of evil they can perpetrate simply because GameStop exists.  This one is limited though because they aren’t the only place one can get physical copies of games.  The are a major force in used games.  I suspect this particular issue will exist till new consoles come out completely separate from virus issues

9 minutes ago, WI-FIultrasnoop said:

my point is that games are essential or there will be a lot of lube being shipped around

you can get games without gs

12 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

doesn't change the fact they didn't have to do most of the things they did that benefited the employees. but yes, you can only look the negative side. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker