LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Gah, had a 6-hour GPU unit fail at 80%, and the thing doesn't even attempt to resume it, just declares it as failed and drops it. That's stupid.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Gah, had a 6-hour GPU unit fail at 80%, and the thing doesn't even attempt to resume it, just declares it as failed and drops it. That's stupid.

Might be.  A question of criteria.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

31 minutes ago, Bluefoenix said:

Guys... got a new problem... The Folding web clien, can't load it self normally... Advanced Control works perfectly, but the Web Control does nothing. Loads up, and reloads for every... doesn't get my Pc's spec, or anything else what I did... Oh and I didn't recive any passkeys in the last 72 hours... But wanted a bunch... The passkey giving system maybe doesn't like my Gmail addresses?

the web client is buggy about starting up in most browsers, the default microsoft one seems to be the best bet on that front because chrome fails more often than not

4 minutes ago, madprofessor207 said:

Spoiler

image.png.bd63e3e10dcb60f2df06ea27c9ea5c91.png

I've gotten 1 WU today 😂

image.png.11335f455cbccfbc1d5ca9b8aab35ba5.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

-Sun Tzu

My Folding Stats

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.725Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) @ 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC
  • Case
    Cooler Master HAF XM
  • Storage
    Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB x2
  • PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050 W
  • Display(s)
    LG 43UD79-B : 43'' Class 4K UHD IPS LED
  • Cooling
    Corsair H75 2018 64 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Looks like I'm on 3 WUs now:

162566460_Screenshot(18).png.48b2396785f6da0d40bc617e0595b370.png

Username is soldier_ph btw, just like everywhere else.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

We have just broken past 1500 sign ups!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 3/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

-snip-

Please do not quote the whole OP. Thank you

I downloaded the program, and I also did the thing to get the passkey but I haven't gotten an email for it, nor do I know the team member thing to join either. 

Edited by TVwazhere

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

Signed up yesterday, new to F@H, haven't had any WU's since, just came back to my PC and saw this which made my day 😃

image.png.8dd3de7c64e3e7514b0123ee110a97fa.png

1 minute ago, _Grid21 said:

I downloaded the program, and I also did the thing to get the passkey but I haven't gotten an email for it, nor do I know the team member thing to join either. 

You have to wait for the E-Mail with the Passkey, Servers are overwhelmed rn. LTT Team number is: 223518

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Had a completed GPU WU for many hours now, utterly failing to send its results.  I think its even completed and sent another one in the meantime, this one is just hung and restarting the client didn't fix it.  What happens when it hits timeout as at this rate its going to reach it?

All three of my machines were idle for some time earlier but it seems CPU WUs have resumed, but GPU is sat idle.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Had a completed GPU WU for many hours now, utterly failing to send its results.  I think its even completed and sent another one in the meantime, this one is just hung and restarting the client didn't fix it.  What happens when it hits timeout as at this rate its going to reach it?

All three of my machines were idle for some time earlier but it seems CPU WUs have resumed, but GPU is sat idle.

I have the same problem with one of my GPU workloads. Completed 2 GPU WU's while it was trying to send the problematic one the whole time.

More prizes added, if you are someone who donated some keys but you can't see them listed you may be the guy who didnt sign the txt file so please get in contact on the message thread where you sent the file. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Well... sadly then it will get scrapped and is wasted. Again this is due to suuper high demand and load on the servers. You cant really do anything about it. Dont restart the client to often as this creates even more load for the servers. Just let it try and hope for the best.

Gonna ad this to the FAQ! -> Thanks for the question!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Yes, passkey is tied to your name. So use the same name and passkey and everything will be combined.

Brill, thanks for the info 👍

We are now in the testing phase of our implementation of the data-handling script. Big thanks to @leadeater for everything he has done, taking a 4-6 man job down to a 1-2 man job. 

If all goes well we can start whenever, but do you think we should pull it forward ot leave it as is so the F@H servers can be spun up ready to meet the crazy demand?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We are now in the testing phase of our implementation of the data-handling script. Big thanks to @leadeater for everything he has done, taking a 4-6 man job down to a 1-2 man job. 

If all goes well we can start whenever, but do you think we should pull it forward ot leave it as is so the F@H servers can be spun up ready to meet the crazy demand?

Maybe a bit earlier... I don't know if they even will spin up the servers further... they seem to have a bit of a struggle and would need bigger servers to server all of the demand.

Therefore I suggest waiting for about a week before we start... atm I am doing my only GPU WU in 24h... CPU is mostly fine but I still had to spilt up my CPU. High core count still seems to be rare

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Maybe a bit earlier... I don't know if they even will spin up the servers further... they seem to have a bit of a struggle and would need bigger servers to server all of the demand.

Therefore I suggest waiting for about a week before we start... atm I am doing my only GPU WU in 24h... CPU is mostly fine but I still had to spilt up my CPU. High core count still seems to be rare

They have said they are in the process of spinning up severs tbf

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

General tip to have a higher chance of getting work: 

IFFF youre able to baby and monitor your rig most of the time and are a bit experienced with F@H set it to client-type=beta. That will get you into the beta and advanced WUs. Due to them being beta etc you should expect more problems and derivations in PPD. But then you at least have some work and also push forward the beta testing!

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

They have said they are in the process of spinning up severs tbf

Sure. But I wonder how much capacity they have and are able to bring up fast.... lets hope for the best!

just got my first waiting to be downloaded, time to fire up boinc

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Just now, Gegger said:

just got my first waiting to be downloaded, time to fire up boinc

Rosetta@Home GOGOGOGOGO! 

Sadly I cant contribute towads medicine with my AMD GPUs on BOINC ;( everything that does that is CUDA