LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, LordKitsune said:

We should try getting Markiplier to join our fold team. I bet he has computer horsepower for days... or would buy it

Feel free to try!!! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, BrewThatStew said:

I've joined! I have a stockpile of old computers and I've installed Linux Mint on to them and got going! I currently have a total of 7 computers folding. 2 are mobile Core 2 Duos, one is a desktop Core 2 Duo, that bare board on the bench is my old server, which is a Xeon 3070, and that computer on the end is an AMD Trinity something... it's got built in Radeon graphics so that helps. I also have my computer on the task, which is a Ryzen 7 2700 paired with an ancient GTX 750 as well as my server, which is a Xeon X3440. I wanted to get some of my really old hardware going like a Slot 1 PIII and a few Celerons, but I don't feel like trying a million old versions of Mint to find one that works just to squeeze out a little more horsepower. I hope this all amounts to something because this is quite the power consumption lol

IMG_2489.PNG

One weird thing I've noticed is that all my less powerful Core 2 Duos always have work, but my more powerful computers are getting maybe one project a day. I guess more projects exist for dual cores?

Q

Should I still fold on the my server with the Xeon 5530 2.4ghz

3 minutes ago, Datsat7 said:

Should I still fold on the my server with the Xeon 5530 2.4ghz

YES! Everything helps! 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Yeah, it does seem that my lower core slots end up filling with jobs faster than the higher ones on my end at least. Wonder why?...
Here's my server rack, gonna be getting these bad boys running alongside my desktop soon!

Any tips on running the F@H software headless on Ubuntu Server? Point me in the right direction for a good guide on this?

servers.jpg

10 minutes ago, x17andrew71x said:

Yeah, it does seem that my lower core slots end up filling with jobs faster than the higher ones on my end at least. Wonder why?...
Here's my server rack, gonna be getting these bad boys running alongside my desktop soon!

Any tips on running the F@H software headless on Ubuntu Server? Point me in the right direction for a good guide on this?

YUPPP!

This was about running on a remote server but the section about how to configure will be the same

I will be carrying out the first test of the data-handling system shortly, wish me luck!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

need help

im not being given a pass key

and how go i get multiple PCS working on the same project

Just now, kkndking said:

need help

The PassKey Servers are overloaded and not able to handle the high number of requests. Wait patiently and check spam.
I still haven't gotten my key from 6+hours ago.

You can use the software on multiple devices, use your account on all of them. Each device will work on its own jobs though, not share them.
All the points are added to your account though.

2 minutes ago, kkndking said:

need help

should all be in here :)

If anything is unclear feel free to ask in this thread

Guys do you know if there's a way to skip a WU? I keep getting non-covid-19 related jobs every time and although I'd not mind contributing to those also, I would mainly like to get the covid-19 WUs :/

Big thanks to @Jawa_Juice for that prize!

Legend!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, crescent1033 said:

Guys do you know if there's a way to skip a WU? I keep getting non-covid-19 related jobs every time and although I'd not mind contributing to those also, I would mainly like to get the covid-19 WUs :/

I don't think it's possible. You'll get a covid WU eventually

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

3 minutes ago, crescent1033 said:

you can technically dump a WU, but it's only if the client is borked that you should do this. dumping a WU only creates more load on the servers and picking and choosing WUs like this is against the guidelines of F@H

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

3 minutes ago, crescent1033 said:

DDDDDONT! I know everybody wants to help, but there are some other projects that are also important. Main focus is on COVID-19. They are giving out C19 stuff with super high priority, but other projects have to continue. At least to some extend.

DONT skip one, because this will be wasted compute time/power and will cause additional stress to the servers. And thy are busted anyway 

@Metallus97 @leadeater Preliminary testing of the data-handling system has just been completed.

So far all system are nominal, the next test will be in 24 hours time, if that is good, we are green for launch. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

28 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

ooooh, ummmmm....

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.png.92fa290d3a30ed931a643e84b2864719.png

Is that bad?

@Metallus97 @GOTSpectrum Can one of y'all take a look at this, let me know what y'all think of what that 12v is doing?

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@Metallus97 @leadeater Preliminary testing of the data-handling system has just been completed.

So far all system are nominal, the next test will be in 24 hours time, if that is good, we are green for launch. 

So what data-handling system is this? What does this do and why is it important? Sorry for my ignorance, eager to learn.

1 minute ago, x17andrew71x said:

So what data-handling system is this? What does this do and why is it important? Sorry for my ignorance, eager to learn.

I will be posting daily updates of ranks and production for the team. Check out these past blogs for some insight. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240