Does anyone know the best way to contact Linus?

TheDarkOneSOF

I’m looking for a way to contact Linus to ask a question. Any ideas on how to do so?

What's the nature of your question? 

He reads the forums so if you post your question he might see it, or someone else on the forums may be able to help you.

If it's business related then use the business email address. (Real business enquiries only!)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

*wants desperately to make up some bizarre magical ritual with pics posted*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I’m a small time youtuber looking for a gaming pc. I have 17 subscribers That I’ve collected With my videos I managed to record with my low cpu desktop. 

The problem is I only have $20. I’m willing to send my desktop in for a trade of some sort as I know it’s not nearly enough for really good gaming pc’s but it’s all I got on the table.

I really want to become a full time youtuber After I graduate in a few months as it feels like a burning passion along with working with technology.

the specs are amd 8 of some kind with 1 TB HDD and turbo boost of 3.1ghz. I really need a gaming pc and I’m willing to discuss any possible solutions.

my youtube is: 

<removed>

Edited by Spotty

49 minutes ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

I’m a small time youtuber looking for a gaming pc. I have 17 subscribers That I’ve collected With my videos I managed to record with my low cpu desktop. 

The problem is I only have $20. I’m willing to send my desktop in for a trade of some sort as I know it’s not nearly enough for really good gaming pc’s but it’s all I got on the table.

I really want to become a full time youtuber After I graduate in a few months as it feels like a burning passion along with working with technology.

the specs are amd 8 of some kind with 1 TB HDD and turbo boost of 3.1ghz. I really need a gaming pc and I’m willing to discuss any possible solutions.

my youtube is: 

<removed>

Okay? Are you begging or what? Get into the point mang. $20 for 8 core system is kinda possible if my crystal ball is correct.

15 minutes ago, Flying Sausages said:

Okay? Are you begging or what? Get into the point mang. $20 for 8 core system is kinda possible if my crystal ball is correct.

Is that sarcasm?

1 minute ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

Is that sarcasm?

Well it sounds like you're just asking for a new computer. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Dang it.  Was a perfectly good opportunity to make up a ritual where he had to take a selfie wearing a tutu and holding a fish over his head.  Pesky ethics...

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Dang it.  Was a perfectly good opportunity to make up a ritual where he had to take a selfie wearing a tutu and holding a fish over his head.  Pesky ethics...

Be very careful there, you don't know the age of the op. That could be totally inappropriate. 

Anyway while I'm here, Linus any chance you could send me an rtx Titan, I could use the vram. I'll model your new underwear range as payment. 

50 minutes ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

I'm afraid we don't allow begging on the forums, and that isn't something Linus/LTT can help you with.

We also do not allow promoting your youtube channel (or any other forms of advertising) on the forums. You can however link to your youtube channel on your profile page. Edit Profile & put it under Website URL.

Feel free to check out the New Builds & Planning section on the forums if you need help choosing parts for a new PC, or help with upgrading your existing one, however we can only help by offering advice and tips. It's up to you to buy the parts.

$20 won't get you very far, probably won't even cover cost of shipping. LTT has a small video series about ways young people can earn money to save up for a laptop/computer, I believe it's called "Laptop or bust". It's entertaining and it might give some inspiration for ways you can earn some money to afford a new PC.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

29 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm afraid we don't allow begging on the forums, and that isn't something Linus/LTT can help you with.

We also do not allow promoting your youtube channel (or any other forms of advertising) on the forums. You can however link to your youtube channel on your profile page. Edit Profile & put it under Website URL.

Feel free to check out the New Builds & Planning section on the forums if you need help choosing parts for a new PC, or help with upgrading your existing one, however we can only help by offering advice and tips. It's up to you to buy the parts.

$20 won't get you very far, probably won't even cover cost of shipping. LTT has a small video series about ways young people can earn money to save up for a laptop/computer, I believe it's called "Laptop or bust". It's entertaining and it might give some inspiration for ways you can earn some money to afford a new PC.

Sorry for the begging just saw a lot of the videos LTT has been doing and had my hopes up. I’ll be sure to check it out. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

4 hours ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

Sorry for the begging just saw a lot of the videos LTT has been doing and had my hopes up. I’ll be sure to check it out. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Wait for them to announce giveaways, in the mean time, save up for a better system.

I really want to become a full time youtuber After I graduate in a few months as it feels like a burning passion along with working with technology.

A full time youtuber with 17 subs? Please be realistic.

Treat YouTube as a hobby while you have a full time job; having a very low sub count won't help you pay the bills.

6 hours ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

You mean giveaways? Linus doesn't really help beggers. Like ever. Any time he gives stuff for free, there's sponsor paying for it. The advice for you is same as everyone else. Save up, upgrade in smaller chunks, look for deals, get part-time job etc.

And don't become full-time youtuber before you have audience to support it. None of the big youtubers have just decided to become full-time from start. All of them have done it as hobby (Jay) or sidejob (Linus, Kyle, Paul etc.). Only after youtube earnings can support their life, they will go for full-time content creation.

Granted, there are people whose only option is being on youtube. But they have some medical condition which prevents physical or mentally stressing normal work. And they are basically begging for donations on every single video as youtube isn't enough just like that to support them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well if it's an FX 8 series then it won't be the worst performing gaming machine that exists. What GPU and RAM are in it?

FX8 on a bad OC board should still OC of 3.6-3.8Ghz allcore,...will play Fortnite with 1080p Comp settings and 50-100fps, badly paced but fast enough frames on many low-Midrange (RX460 to GTX970) cheap Used GPUs.

I'd chase cheap DDR3 2133-2400 sticks for $20-50 (depending on amount of Ram)

And a Used GTX60/70/960 or HD7850/7870/7950 class...or various rebrands.

Wouldn't be so bad....and not cost a lot...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have 21 subscribers and I have not posted anything meaningful since 2014...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, NineEyeRon said:

I have 21 subscribers and I have not posted anything meaningful since 2014...

Yeah it's just luck. The one and only video I ever uploaded was about fixing a really weird but common issue with a USB headset and its drivers from like 2010. It got a stupid amount of views, it's around 350k. I now have 280 subs that haven't seen a video posted for a decade, lol.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3.8k subs here, but last video also around 2013-2014 ?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 hours ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

I really need a gaming pc

haha. You really need a gaming pc? This is perhaps the moment to review your priorities.

29 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

haha. You really need a gaming pc? This is perhaps the moment to review your priorities.

I have a 4 year old child so I really need a good nights sleep.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

11 hours ago, TheDarkOneSOF said:

my youtube is: 

<removed>

Just ask him to record the videos for you

PS2 Fat(JP) : PS2 S Silver(EU) : PS3 Super Slim : Nintendo Switch
Wii(x2) : SNES CE : Xbox One : Xbox 360 S(EU) : PS Vita 2000