Are these SAT scores good enough?

Zm1TDkSnQkY4KEqskCARSBpk

do your research and dont flake out

dont take philosophy, art, poem, basket weaving

courses that matter ZERO to being the CEO of Bills Club MS.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

schools of thought

12 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There is an argument that less than perfect test scores are sometimes better than perfect test scores.  The SAT is an older test though and doesn’t cover a lot of things the ACT does.  Some schools won’t accept the SAT. Or didn’t many years ago.  This may have changed.  It depends on the school and what they are doing in a particular year.

I don't know anything about the US education system when it comes to tests, scores, or how they work....nor do I really care ?‍♂️

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

36 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

do your research and dont flake out

dont take philosophy, art, poem, basket weaving

courses that matter ZERO to being the CEO of Bills Club MS.

Disagree partially about philosophy.  There are useful bits.  History of philosophy isn’t really one of them though.  The useful bit in philosophy is being able to argue and notice BS arguments.  A lot of philosophy is how to follow a chain of reasoning, and notice when you are being subtly lied to.  Recognizing sophistry alone is worth the price of admission.  People have been trying to convince other people to do things for thousands of years and philosophy records and analyses it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Disagree partially about philosophy.  There are useful bits.  History of philosophy isn’t really one of them though.  The useful bit in philosophy is being able to argue and notice BS arguments.  A lot of philosophy is how to follow a chain of reasoning, and notice when you are being subtly lied to.  Recognizing sophistry alone is worth the price of admission.  People have been trying to convince other people to do things for thousands of years and philosophy records and analyses it.

not worth the time while in school, join a club or something

28 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't know anything about the US education system when it comes to tests, scores, or how they work....nor do I really care ?‍♂️

Nor should you I guess.  There’s a lot of rough analogy to the british system it more or less forked off of. It broken in different places.  Relies a lot less on testing.  It’s built to favor the rich over the poor quite heavily.  The GI bill during World War Two was a sudden democratization that upended society.  Much of the really useful bits of education were packed into the collegiate level and then denied to anyone who couldn’t pay the fee.  The GI bill suddenly opened them and there was something of a revolution.  The rich have been packing them back in a box since the 70’s. They’ve done very well.  There are people in the US who don’t believe science is real these days.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

Social practice over technical practice.  It has its points.  Depends on what you want to do though.  Ideally do both.

If you can do it multiple times, why would you not?

to be honest they shit. 

Its the SAT it doesn't matter for anything meaningful. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

to be honest they shit. 

Its the SAT it doesn't matter for anything meaningful. 

The SAT did have its problems.  It was a more limited test than the ACT.  it changes every year though.  What matters is what a given school acceptance officer thinks and only for acceptance to that particular school.

10 hours ago, amdorintel said:

That's what everyone thinks until they realize many college require you to take these classes as part of the general requirements in order to graduate.

Heck, I have enough credits in arts, world history, economics, and English literature that I can somewhat carry on a discussion on these topics. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The SAT did have its problems.  It was a more limited test than the ACT.  it changes every year though.  What matters is what a given school acceptance officer thinks and only for acceptance to that particular school.

it really does. I took it on a test they screwed up on with it being too easy and curved grades super hard. I should have had a 1450 or so.

its also super easy to cheat on.

Edited by GDRRiley
made it more clear

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Partly to flex, partly because I don't know if it covers the dream schools as well.

If you think SAT scores determine the job and income you will receive you are sorely mistaken

I personaly find your post to show quite the arrogant attitude and i wouldnt accept you in any school if i was in charge of admissions

I would remind you that,  life experiences can not be summarized in SAT score and the opportunities you are given and risks you take will determine the outcome of your career more than any score.

On 12/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, AngryBeaver said:

Well I am starting to believe these might not be yours. If you are smart enough to score in the 99th percentile, yet need to come ask us if that is good or not.... ya doesn't speak much to your intelligence.

These don't require much intelligence, just memorization.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

Aren't IQ tests for those who can play better Jenga?

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Aren't IQ test for those who can play better Jenga?

Higher IQ just speed of cognition, perhaps some intuitive ability.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

If i sum up my academic career, my whole marks would not be equal to this.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:56 PM, Zm1TDkSnQkY4KEqskCARSBpk said:

This is my first try and I barely studies, so I might be able to improve a bit, but I want to know if it's even worth doing.

sat.png

Smf I got an 1110 after 3 tries at the PSAT. You're doing great. Depends on which college you're considering but I don't think so

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

On 12/21/2019 at 3:38 PM, wasab said:

Post your stats on college confidential then. Go to its ivy league section in which plenty of elitists current students or alumni will tell you if you have a shot or you are being simply unrealistic. 

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/ivy-league/

Honestly you're fine with that SAT but thats only the starting point. I am currently a student at one of the Ivies and the average act here is ~34 and sat ~1480. They really care more about who you are your gpa and your extracurriculars. Its like a job interview where your prior work experience gets you in the door for the interview but what you say and the body of what you did and how it applies to what you're trying to do/ can bring to the school is most important. 

On 12/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, Zm1TDkSnQkY4KEqskCARSBpk said:

Yeah, I think these are covered too.

At your level the SAT sort of becomes irrelevant build your extracurriculars. Play sports, volunteer, start a school club or organization. The only unifying factor i see in my fellow classmates is that they all did at least one and many did multiple of those extracurriculars.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi