Pretty sure Acer got my review on Amazon banned.

thedemoncowboy

I've been an avid Amazon prime member for 7 years now. I have reviewed hundreds of products and been incredibly thorough. Two weeks ago, I posted (I've exchanged quite a lot of monitors in 6 months), and never complained in a review if the box was damaged, or the package arrived late.

My review of the Acer X35 was the top rated review. I provided on all 8 of my orders/re-orders feedback regarding the monitor. When I received the last one and updated it which I indicated that there was hair behind the display, I woke up to an email banning me from posting reviews on amazon.com. I have since reached out to Amazon community services, called, and emailed with no luck as to why my reviews were removed, or this one in particular. I asked if Acer got involved with no response. I have also reached out to Acer with emails and phone calls prior for service (which I wrote about) not being the greatest, and they too would not respond. 

I don't think for a $2,499.99 monitor, that it should have dead pixels, horizontal banding, black light bleeding, or colors so inaccurate it makes you sick to look at. I just figured I'd share my response here as I'm unable to post about my experiences with monitors. But felt it odd that a day after I reviewed with another monitor with another issue, my account was locked and post removed from that one.

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

1 hour ago, thedemoncowboy said:

email banning me from posting reviews on amazon.co

lucky they did not ban you from amazon itself

heard a few people getting banned from buying stuff on there for returning too many items

I’ve also banned from making reviews. Seems if you give too many 5 star review they ban you. If you want to write reviews on Facebook, it’s not like Amazon can take down that review. Also this might be an indication not to buy Acer products. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

I’ve also banned from making reviews. Seems if you give too many 5 star review they ban you. If you want to write reviews on Facebook, it’s not like Amazon can take down that review. Also this might be an indication not to buy Acer products. 

yeah too many 5 star reviews would seem fake

can potential customers just click on the name and see all the reviews they typed out?

I never really trust the Amazon reviews. If you read through them, most of them are clearly either fake or paid for.

While it's unfortunate that you got banned, I wouldn't be mad at Amazon...it'll take a lot of inquiry before you're going to get anywhere with them, as no one on the lower rungs is going to be able to look into why you got banned. Same with Acer. Only you can really decide if putting in many, many hours of footwork is worth it.

23 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

lucky they did not ban you from amazon itself

heard a few people getting banned from buying stuff on there for returning too many items

That's fair though. Especially if you're not a Prime member.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I definitely gave it a 1/5 and was “most helpful” review. Then as soon as I wrote about my latest experience everything was deleted my previous post was over two months prior 

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

I never really trust the Amazon reviews. If you read through them, most of them are clearly either fake or paid for.

While it's unfortunate that you got banned, I wouldn't be mad at Amazon...it'll take a lot of inquiry before you're going to get anywhere with them, as no one on the lower rungs is going to be able to look into why you got banned. Same with Acer. Only you can really decide if putting in many, many hours of footwork is worth it.

That's fair though. Especially if you're not a Prime member.

There is a reason not to trust Amazon reviews.

Product manufactures send out "free" review units to people on the condition that they "buy" the product from Amazon and leave a review that they have to scrub before you leave it.

So yes, pretty much all reviews are now suspect and unreliable on Amazon. Especially people who review a lot of products and rate them 5 stars. 

At this point in time it's better to ignore the Amazon review, youtube reviews, and instead just go to a physical store that has it so you can return it if you don't like it. If you want to buy something off Amazon, go check for youtube unboxings and see if what they say correlates with another site. If you don't want to do the work, go straight to the 2 star reviews and see what they don't like about the product.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

There is a reason not to trust Amazon reviews.

Product manufactures send out "free" review units to people on the condition that they "buy" the product from Amazon and leave a review that they have to scrub before you leave it.

So yes, pretty much all reviews are now suspect and unreliable on Amazon. Especially people who review a lot of products and rate them 5 stars. 

At this point in time it's better to ignore the Amazon review, youtube reviews, and instead just go to a physical store that has it so you can return it if you don't like it. If you want to buy something off Amazon, go check for youtube unboxings and see if what they say correlates with another site. If you don't want to do the work, go straight to the 2 star reviews and see what they don't like about the product.

The problem with the review system is that more people go and write reviews when they have a problem, so you get a bunch of angry 1 stars and not too many people bothering to write anything good when they are happy. That gives an unbalanced idea of a product like every unit is faulty or something, so companies stimulate positive reviews with freebies. 

The problem gets even worse when you consider half the time the negativity comes from the users' own stupidity being unable to follow simple steps and sending perfect units back with the infamous 'nEvAr buY from XXX brand again'

6 hours ago, MysticLTT said:

The problem with the review system is that more people go and write reviews when they have a problem, so you get a bunch of angry 1 stars and not too many people bothering to write anything good when they are happy. That gives an unbalanced idea of a product like every unit is faulty or something, so companies stimulate positive reviews with freebies. 

The problem gets even worse when you consider half the time the negativity comes from the users' own stupidity being unable to follow simple steps and sending perfect units back with the infamous 'nEvAr buY from XXX brand again'

That's why you don't look at the 0 or 1 star type of reviews, because they're basically rubbish. The 5 star reviews aren't trustable, so usually the most honest review will be the 2 star or 3 star review if there are a small but consistant number of them. Like something that has 100 5 star reviews and 10 2-3 star reviews might put a spotlight on a certain defect in a device. The 0 or 1 star review tends to be people who are too impatient and can only be trusted if the reason they rated it as such is that the product is pure garbage/counterfeit.

Which I have to point out, that is also a known thing, where a company (third party) will sell a product initially with a good build quality and then switch to selling the counterfeit version, and yes, they will tell you not to leave a review of the product if it's broken, and to contact them for replacement. Uh no, if your product is so rubbish that you can't guarantee a good product in the first place, then the 0 star review is earned.

To which I'll just say that Amazon itself is risking it's own brand identity with the "Amazon Essentials". I often view the "store brand" as the rubbish brand already and would avoid what the store promotes as the "better value", as often every single store-brand item is worse. How much worse depends on if you're supposed to eat it or not. I'll never forget the one time someone made a mistake and bought the store-brand cereal and it was literately like munching on glass.

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Yea. Boycott Acer because one Guy claims a situation we have no proof of at all. Btw. Acer, Asus and many other Companies use LG Displays. They just build their stuff around it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

Yea. Boycott Acer because one Guy claims a situation we have no proof of at all. Btw. Acer, Asus and many other Companies use LG Displays. They just build their stuff around it.

When you have a bad experience with a company you stop buying their products. I didn’t say for everyone to boycott. Just that the OP shouldn’t but Acer products. I personally had good experience with Acer monitors and the RMA process. 

But the fact is if you have an issue with a company you don’t buy from them. That’s why I don’t do business with Sprint, buy Samsung Phones or eat at Subway restaurants. One Aussie they caused me grief in the past. 

45 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

eat at Subway restaurants

what is wrong with subway restaurants?

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

interesting facts

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

That's why you don't look at the 0 or 1 star type of reviews, because they're basically rubbish.

i know, i was reading a bunch of crap on google maps about the reviews and its basically people bitching and moaning for no good reason other then the fact the reviewer on gm is stupid as fuck. stating there is lots of bums and crime around a condo complex that is near a main hub transit, well thats common sense. ppl are fucking stupid sometimes. but others will have reliable complaints on things that actually matter

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

That's why you don't look at the 0 or 1 star type of reviews, because they're basically rubbish. The 5 star reviews aren't trustable, so usually the most honest review will be the 2 star or 3 star review if there are a small but consistant number of them. Like something that has 100 5 star reviews and 10 2-3 star reviews might put a spotlight on a certain defect in a device. The 0 or 1 star review tends to be people who are too impatient and can only be trusted if the reason they rated it as such is that the product is pure garbage/counterfeit.

Which I have to point out, that is also a known thing, where a company (third party) will sell a product initially with a good build quality and then switch to selling the counterfeit version, and yes, they will tell you not to leave a review of the product if it's broken, and to contact them for replacement. Uh no, if your product is so rubbish that you can't guarantee a good product in the first place, then the 0 star review is earned.

To which I'll just say that Amazon itself is risking it's own brand identity with the "Amazon Essentials". I often view the "store brand" as the rubbish brand already and would avoid what the store promotes as the "better value", as often every single store-brand item is worse. How much worse depends on if you're supposed to eat it or not. I'll never forget the one time someone made a mistake and bought the store-brand cereal and it was literately like munching on glass.

I like Costco Kirkland brand

Is it really worth all this effort?

Your calling/emailing/etc two dofferent companies because of your review getting taken down....but why?

Amazon reviews are not regarded as anything special since any idiot can leave one.

I say just forget it personally.

Years ago I had something similar happen to me. My Amazon review for a pair of Bluetooth headphones from HP was just seemingly missing one day. I had given it two stars (if I remember right). But basically I detailed how good they felt on my head, how good they sounded (rather decent for the time and price). But the build quality was horrible. The headband was made of plastic and snapped within the first few months. I'm not the kind of person to widen or outstretch a pair of cans to get them on my head either.

But my review stayed up for only about a month before just disappearing, even disappearing from my Amazon profile itself. At the end of that year, they stop making those headphones anyways. So I stopped caring then.

1 hour ago, MysticLTT said:

I like Costco Kirkland brand

Alot of times its the same thing.

Name brands for things like cereal is expensive because they have to spend money on R&D and what not. So they need to sell at a higher price to recover those costs.

Then youll have other companies that just reverse engineer it and sell the same thing for cheaper because they didnt have the upfront costs.  So it will be the exact same thing for less.

Then you also have the factor of people willing to pay more for nothing more then the brand name. You can take two of the exact same things and put a bargain brand on one and a name brand on the other and some.people.will pay more for the name brand.

Keloggs for example doesnt have a magic machine that makes rice cereal any different then best choice (i think thats the walmart brand). Its the exact same thing. But people will still pay $2 more for the kelogg brand.

Not to sound cocky but i can easily afford name brands but for the most part its not worth it. If im getting the same product for less i dont care if the label says "cheap shit" lol.

Just now, RonnieOP said:

Alot of times its the same thing.

My favourite example of this is Harbor Freight and Snap-On. Recently, HF started doing work with the exact same China factories that SO uses. The tools are the exact same thing, with nothing other than a name change. I think for HF they call it "Icon". Well SO wanted to sue them, but they couldn't simply because SO doesn't actually make the products themselves anymore (most them anyway). So HF ended up winning, and now you can buy really high quality tools at the price they always should have been.

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

When you have a bad experience with a company you stop buying their products. I didn’t say for everyone to boycott. Just that the OP shouldn’t but Acer products. I personally had good experience with Acer monitors and the RMA process. 

But the fact is if you have an issue with a company you don’t buy from them. That’s why I don’t do business with Sprint, buy Samsung Phones or eat at Subway restaurants. One Aussie they caused me grief in the past. 

Kind of off topic, but I've had horrible experiences with PG&E. How do I kick them to the curb short of moving? ?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

17 hours ago, thedemoncowboy said:

My review of the Acer X35 was the top rated review. I provided on all 8 of my orders/re-orders feedback regarding the monitor. When I received the last one and updated it which I indicated that there was hair behind the display, I woke up to an email banning me from posting reviews on amazon.com.

12 hours ago, thedemoncowboy said:

I definitely gave it a 1/5 and was “most helpful” review. Then as soon as I wrote about my latest experience everything was deleted my previous post was over two months prior 

I didn't quite understand: were you updating a single review as you went through return processes, receiving new units, etc., or did you write new, separate review each time you received an exchange unit?

I'm sure the answer is in your first post, but I was unable to get it :$

27 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

My favourite example of this is Harbor Freight and Snap-On. Recently, HF started doing work with the exact same China factories that SO uses. The tools are the exact same thing, with nothing other than a name change. I think for HF they call it "Icon". Well SO wanted to sue them, but they couldn't simply because SO doesn't actually make the products themselves anymore (most them anyway). So HF ended up winning, and now you can buy really high quality tools at the price they always should have been.

Yeah if im remembering right that was over the floor jacks. I have one of those. It was $80 after discounts iirc. Its amazing. Best money i ever spent.

23 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Kind of off topic, but I've had horrible experiences with PG&E. How do I kick them to the curb short of moving? ?

Here in Michigan we have DTE but I think you can also use consumers energy. Not sure how it works. But I know it’s an option. 

On 11/22/2019 at 12:57 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I didn't quite understand: were you updating a single review as you went through return processes, receiving new units, etc., or did you write new, separate review each time you received an exchange unit?

I'm sure the answer is in your first post, but I was unable to get it :$

No, I updated original post with every new order. 

This is topical:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/her-amazon-purchases-are-real-the-reviews-are-fake

Basically, it's very likely that Amazon itself is removing reviews that it believe are fake.

Even if she’s caught, Jessica said, at least she’ll still be able to shop: “If they catch me, I’ve heard from other people that they wipe your review history but they don’t disable your account.”

live and learn

i've bought a lot of products and i never leave a review, even on ebay nor amazon.