Jump to content

BOINC Community Board

Continuing to experiment with virtualization I've decided to test WCG on the 1950X bare metal vs a VM that has had some compute optimization done to it and...I can't tell the difference. Statically speaking there should be at least a 1%~2% reduction but in the productivity I can't see it.

 

This will be great for bunkering. :D

As I've discovered though WCG doesn't like it when too many clients that belong to the same account ask for work all at once so you'd be best off only making up to 4 running simultaneously unless you're bunkering a different project.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news. For reasons that I can't even begin to understand I've lost the ability to BOINC crunch on my GPUs. For no apparent reason the system decided to stop booting to the OS. It was getting hung on something. Re-installing the OS wasn't hard but the AMD driver for this version of Linux has for no reason decided that it bricks the install rather than enable OpenCL for GPU compute.

 

This sucks. I'm 2/3rds of the way to the gold contributor badge and this super random thing had to happen.

 

What are the chances anybody knows another way to get OpenCL working on Debian because what looks like the official way has officially broke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Bad news. For reasons that I can't even begin to understand I've lost the ability to BOINC crunch on my GPUs. For no apparent reason the system decided to stop booting to the OS. It was getting hung on something. Re-installing the OS wasn't hard but the AMD driver for this version of Linux has for no reason decided that it bricks the install rather than enable OpenCL for GPU compute.

 

This sucks. I'm 2/3rds of the way to the gold contributor badge and this super random thing had to happen.

 

What are the chances anybody knows another way to get OpenCL working on Debian because what looks like the official way has officially broke.

No idea about Debian but in Ubuntu 18 I’ve found you sometimes need the development packages when installing OpenCL and telling it to install just the dev packages seems to work.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x;Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 4 x 3TB NAS; AMD RadeonPro W4100; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

nas1: Fractal Define R4; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 6 x 3TB NAS; 6 x 4TB NAS

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 2 x 32GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3070 XC Ultra; Corsair TX650M

dcn02: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX3080 FTW3; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-U12S; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3080 XC Ultra; Corsair RM750

dcn04: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte x370 Gaming K7; Ryzen 9 3900x; Noctua NH-U12S; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; Asus TUF RTX3070 ti; Corsair TX750M

dcn05: Fractal Define R4; Gigabyte ax370 Gaming K7; i9-9900K; EVGA 280 CLC; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3080 XC Ultra; Corsair TX650M

dcn10: Fractal Define C; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Gaming X; Ryzen 7 2700x; Hyper 212Evo e/w Noctua NF-A12 iPPC2000; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung 250GB SSD; EVGA RTX 2070A; EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Gaming; Corsair CX650M Bronze

dcn11: Fractal Focus G mini; Gigabyte b450 Aorus M; Aorus M; Ryzen 7 2700; Wraith Spire; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD; EVGA XC GTX 1070 ti 8GB; Corsair CX450M Bronze

dcn12: Fractal Core 1100; Gigabyte b450 Aorus M; Ryzen 7 2700; Wraith Spire; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung EVO 850 128GB SSD; EVGA GTX 1660ti XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX550M Bronze

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gorgon said:

No idea about Debian but in Ubuntu 18 I’ve found you sometimes need the development packages when installing OpenCL and telling it to install just the dev packages seems to work.

It's Ubuntu (based on the Debian distro) running version 18.04.3 LTS. Installing the AMD driver from AMD's website just bricks the whole install. What are these development packages? Are they direct from AMD or do I need to get them from somewhere else?

 

Someone I was speaking with on the form mentioned rocm which is apparently a more proper/official way of getting OpenCL on Ubuntu. I played with rocm for quite a while but none of it worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

It's Ubuntu (based on the Debian distro) running version 18.04.3 LTS. Installing the AMD driver from AMD's website just bricks the whole install. What are these development packages? Are they direct from AMD or do I need to get them from somewhere else?

 

Someone I was speaking with on the form mentioned rocm which is apparently a more proper/official way of getting OpenCL on Ubuntu. I played with rocm for quite a while but none of it worked.

I just usually “apt install opencl-dev” that’s taken care of F@H not recognizing nvidia GPUs in the past

 

but no idea about the AMD drivers. If they’re anything like the nvidia then the open-source drivers from the Graphics PPA likely wont work as well.

 

I see some people mentioning using nomodeset flags in grub and others mentioning disabling secure boot.

 

Binary drivers are ugly

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x;Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 4 x 3TB NAS; AMD RadeonPro W4100; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

nas1: Fractal Define R4; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 6 x 3TB NAS; 6 x 4TB NAS

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 2 x 32GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3070 XC Ultra; Corsair TX650M

dcn02: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX3080 FTW3; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-U12S; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3080 XC Ultra; Corsair RM750

dcn04: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte x370 Gaming K7; Ryzen 9 3900x; Noctua NH-U12S; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; Asus TUF RTX3070 ti; Corsair TX750M

dcn05: Fractal Define R4; Gigabyte ax370 Gaming K7; i9-9900K; EVGA 280 CLC; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3080 XC Ultra; Corsair TX650M

dcn10: Fractal Define C; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Gaming X; Ryzen 7 2700x; Hyper 212Evo e/w Noctua NF-A12 iPPC2000; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung 250GB SSD; EVGA RTX 2070A; EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Gaming; Corsair CX650M Bronze

dcn11: Fractal Focus G mini; Gigabyte b450 Aorus M; Aorus M; Ryzen 7 2700; Wraith Spire; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD; EVGA XC GTX 1070 ti 8GB; Corsair CX450M Bronze

dcn12: Fractal Core 1100; Gigabyte b450 Aorus M; Ryzen 7 2700; Wraith Spire; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung EVO 850 128GB SSD; EVGA GTX 1660ti XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX550M Bronze

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gorgon said:

I just usually “apt install opencl-dev” that’s taken care of F@H not recognizing nvidia GPUs in the past

 

but no idea about the AMD drivers. If they’re anything like the nvidia then the open-source drivers from the Graphics PPA likely wont work as well.

 

I see some people mentioning using nomodeset flags in grub and others mentioning disabling secure boot.

 

Binary drivers are ugly

I gave ROCm another shot. It's compatibility list is really short. My GPUs aren't on it. Closest to is is the 390X and the devs say it only might work no guarantees. End result was a complete failure.

 

Tried the opencl-dev package and it did nothing.

 

I have one last thing to try. I was previously using Ubuntu 19.10. I had found drivers though the AMD site and a script to run the installation. It had worked before but it broke QEMU. For now if I can get it going I'll slap the GPUs on a rig and let them whirl till I reach my goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

good-new-everyone.jpeg.c9ad95b8ad1bff2e39070fdff8cc1ff6.jpeg

 

We're back in action.

 

opencl.thumb.png.b3b8f906617c5ccd23f89e7da8b4938f.png

 

As it turns out by Googling the error message that pops up in the last line of the Terminal after installing the amdgpu-pro driver it links to missing packages. Trying to install these packages it makes the claim they're already installed. It made me wonder though. Is it a kernel compatibility issue?

 

I had downloaded the .ISO from the Ubuntu website. It came with v5.3.0-26-generic. I decided to check my File Server for a copy of Ubuntu and found one for 18.04.3 LTS. I installed it and it had kernel 4.15.0-74-generic. So I tried installing the amdgpu-pro driver on that and yay it works.

 

So two things have happened here:

  1. Ubuntu has updated their current 18.04.3_LTS.iso file with kernel version 5.3.0-26-generic.
  2. AMD has NOT updated their current amdgpu-pro driver to be compatible with Ubuntus kernel update.

None of this explains why my rig committed seppuku in the first place but it means we're back up and running fully and crunching Einstein jobs. Hopefully nothing unexpected occurs again but for now everything seems to be working. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys :) Does anybody have any idea why my boinc client isn't working on Mac OS Catalina? Is this a known problem? It worked fine on Mojave, but when I installed it yesterday it simply wouldn't work. Most of the drop down menu items were greyed out, and the little connection indicator in the bottom bar said it was disconnected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mattheginger said:

Hey guys :) Does anybody have any idea why my boinc client isn't working on Mac OS Catalina? Is this a known problem? It worked fine on Mojave, but when I installed it yesterday it simply wouldn't work. Most of the drop down menu items were greyed out, and the little connection indicator in the bottom bar said it was disconnected. 

Is part of the client 32-bit? Catalina is 64-bit only, anything 32-bit just won't run. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

 

Main PC  - i9 7980XE @4.5Ghz/~1.18v - EKWB Quantum-something block - EVGA X299 Dark - 4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @2400Mhz - Intel ARC A770 LE - 1TB 970 Evo + 250GB 960 Evo + 1TB Crucial MX500 + 500GB XPG Atom30 - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D Airflow - CPU-only custom loop w/360 slim rad + 280mm thick (60mm) rad & Noctua Redux NF-P12/P14s fans - Windows 11

 

Smol Rig - i7 6950X - Noctua NH-L12S - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 4x4GB 2800MHz DDR4 - Radeon PRO WX2100 - 250GB 960 Evo + 120GB TC Sunbow - SilverStone SST-TX300 - Dell Inspiron 530S Chassis - Linux Mint 21.1

 

Rest of the HEDT collection - Xeon X5675/EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI - i7 4930K/EVGA X79 Dark - EVGA Super-Record 2 (not currently booting, need to sort that out eventually)

 

Mobile/Work Devices: M1 MacBook Air (Work Laptop) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

 

Other Misc Devices: 2012 MacBook Pro 13" running Linux Mint - Mac Pro 1,1 (2x dual cores as I haven't swapped the quads in yet, 32GB DDR2 and a 512MB HD4870) running El Cap/Lion/sometimes other Mac OS X versions - iPod Video (5th gen)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattheginger said:

Hey guys :) Does anybody have any idea why my boinc client isn't working on Mac OS Catalina? Is this a known problem? It worked fine on Mojave, but when I installed it yesterday it simply wouldn't work. Most of the drop down menu items were greyed out, and the little connection indicator in the bottom bar said it was disconnected. 

I am running on Catlina right now doing some Rosetta and SETI. Do you have the latest version of the client? Then it should be no problemo!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, Windows7ge said:

good-new-everyone.jpeg.c9ad95b8ad1bff2e39070fdff8cc1ff6.jpeg

 

We're back in action.

 

opencl.thumb.png.b3b8f906617c5ccd23f89e7da8b4938f.png

 

As it turns out by Googling the error message that pops up in the last line of the Terminal after installing the amdgpu-pro driver it links to missing packages. Trying to install these packages it makes the claim they're already installed. It made me wonder though. Is it a kernel compatibility issue?

 

I had downloaded the .ISO from the Ubuntu website. It came with v5.3.0-26-generic. I decided to check my File Server for a copy of Ubuntu and found one for 18.04.3 LTS. I installed it and it had kernel 4.15.0-74-generic. So I tried installing the amdgpu-pro driver on that and yay it works.

 

So two things have happened here:

  1. Ubuntu has updated their current 18.04.3_LTS.iso file with kernel version 5.3.0-26-generic.
  2. AMD has NOT updated their current amdgpu-pro driver to be compatible with Ubuntus kernel update.

None of this explains why my rig committed seppuku in the first place but it means we're back up and running fully and crunching Einstein jobs. Hopefully nothing unexpected occurs again but for now everything seems to be working. :D

Damn I need you to do a tutorial on this, please! I try to get my AMD GPU compute working on linux every few months but spend a whole day, get frustrated and give up... Idd love to BOINC/F@H on Linux but for some reason it wont take my VII and 290x (soon to be the hopefully decent big navi)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Damn I need you to do a tutorial on this, please! I try to get my AMD GPU compute working on linux every few months but spend a whole day, get frustrated and give up... Idd love to BOINC/F@H on Linux but for some reason it wont take my VII and 290x (soon to be the hopefully decent big navi)

Unfortunately there isn't enough steps to warrant a tutorial.

  1. Download the driver
  2. Run the executable: ./amdgpu-pro-install --opencl=legacy,pal

At least that's how it is for Ubuntu 18.04.3 except at the moment AMD needs to update the driver for the newer kernel. There is a driver available for 19.10 but it's on another page and you may not be able to install it directly. I'd like to look into how to use the driver headlessly on Ubuntu Server. The installer does have a --headless argument but I've not tried it on a Server distro.

 

ROCm is suppose to be an open source more direct way of getting OpenCL on Linux but I've never gotten BOINC to recognize a GPU using it. The GPU support list for ROCm is very short and the R9 290X is not on it. The VII however is so you may like to try it.

 

On the other hand if you need a QEMU GPU Pass-though guide I have one of them in the works :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Unfortunately there isn't enough steps to warrant a tutorial.

  1. Download the driver
  2. Run the executable: ./amdgpu-pro-install --opencl=legacy,pal

At least that's how it is for Ubuntu 18.04.3 except at the moment AMD needs to update the driver for the newer kernel. There is a driver available for 19.10 but it's on another page and you may not be able to install it directly. I'd like to look into how to use the driver headlessly on Ubuntu Server. The installer does have a --headless argument but I've not tried it on a Server distro.

 

ROCm is suppose to be an open source more direct way of getting OpenCL on Linux but I've never gotten BOINC to recognize a GPU using it. The GPU support list for ROCm is very short and the R9 290X is not on it. The VII however is so you may like to try it.

 

On the other hand if you need a QEMU GPU Pass-though guide I have one of them in the works :P

Alright. I’ll  try that again next week when I have time! Thank you. I think my problem was not doing this legacy stuff and being on 19.something 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Alright. I’ll  try that again next week when I have time! Thank you. I think my problem was not doing this legacy stuff and being on 19.something 

I believe by default without the argument it's suppose to install one, the other, or both but I can't remember. The Legacy OpenCL driver covers older cards like the HD7970/R9-290X, while PAL covers much newer cards so I just install both. Cover the whole spectrum.

 

The driver for 19.10 can be installed and used on 19.10 but the only way I got it to work was through some guys script he advertised on YouTube. Little sketchy, for what script language I can read it didn't look like it was doing anything nefarious though. It was mostly patching problems that seem to arise from the driver installation. Though when it was done it broke QEMU so take the advice with caution. I'll post links later today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Metallus97 Found it. My mistake though it's for 19.04 not 19.10:

 

The driver page.

Sketchy guys script page.

 

Try it on a throw away install before trusting it for anything else. The EZ method is just using the 18.04.3 driver with 18.04.3 LTS except at this time you need to use an older kernel.

 

I'd like to try the driver on Ubuntu Server. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

@Metallus97 Found it. My mistake though it's for 19.04 not 19.10:

-snibbidysnip-

The driver page.

Sketchy guys script page.

 

Try it on a throw away install before trusting it for anything else. The EZ method is just using the 18.04.3 driver with 18.04.3 LTS except at this time you need to use an older kernel.

 

I'd like to try the driver on Ubuntu Server. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thank you so very much! Will try in the next weeks when I have more time!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2020 at 11:24 AM, Metallus97 said:

I am running on Catlina right now doing some Rosetta and SETI. Do you have the latest version of the client? Then it should be no problemo!

Yeah I've got the latest version. I just had a thought.... I haven't used boinc since I moved houses. My new connection may be CG Nat (not 100% sure). Does that play nice with the boinc client?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mattheginger said:

Yeah I've got the latest version. I just had a thought.... I haven't used boinc since I moved houses. My new connection may be CG Nat (not 100% sure). Does that play nice with the boinc client?

I am no network expert, but should not a a problem.

Allso this „connecting“ and grayed out menue has nothing to do with internt. This is the managing software trying to connect to 127.0.0.1. Thats where the client runs and can take commands form the management software. 

Try to do a full uninstall of the BOINC client (so not by moving it into the trash but by running the uninstaller), reboot, reinstall.

Oh and before check that you have the newest release Mac OS 10.15.3. That was released a few days ago.

Allso: Wich mac are you on?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Only took forever but I'm up to Silver for African Rainfall Project: arp1_1.jpg.100ba3ab5303ee11bbb1ef012db5cc49.jpg

:D

 

Those take forever. I’m just running mapping Cancer markers and just got double diamond on that

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x;Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 4 x 3TB NAS; AMD RadeonPro W4100; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

nas1: Fractal Define R4; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 6 x 3TB NAS; 6 x 4TB NAS

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 2 x 32GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3070 XC Ultra; Corsair TX650M

dcn02: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX3080 FTW3; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-U12S; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3080 XC Ultra; Corsair RM750

dcn04: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte x370 Gaming K7; Ryzen 9 3900x; Noctua NH-U12S; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; Asus TUF RTX3070 ti; Corsair TX750M

dcn05: Fractal Define R4; Gigabyte ax370 Gaming K7; i9-9900K; EVGA 280 CLC; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 3080 XC Ultra; Corsair TX650M

dcn10: Fractal Define C; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Gaming X; Ryzen 7 2700x; Hyper 212Evo e/w Noctua NF-A12 iPPC2000; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung 250GB SSD; EVGA RTX 2070A; EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Gaming; Corsair CX650M Bronze

dcn11: Fractal Focus G mini; Gigabyte b450 Aorus M; Aorus M; Ryzen 7 2700; Wraith Spire; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD; EVGA XC GTX 1070 ti 8GB; Corsair CX450M Bronze

dcn12: Fractal Core 1100; Gigabyte b450 Aorus M; Ryzen 7 2700; Wraith Spire; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; Samsung EVO 850 128GB SSD; EVGA GTX 1660ti XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX550M Bronze

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Those take forever. I’m just running mapping Cancer markers and just got double diamond on that

I've just enabled all of them. I've got 2 different 10 year diamonds, a 5 year diamond, almost a diamond on OpenZika, and I'm nearing a 20 year diamond :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update... So boinc version 7.14.2 just wouldn't connect after a fresh install on Catalina, no matter what I tried (from googling on the interwebs).

 

But 7.16.3 (development version) seems to work flawlessly. So I guess I'll just have to use that for now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

Update... So boinc version 7.14.2 just wouldn't connect after a fresh install on Catalina, no matter what I tried (from googling on the interwebs).

 

But 7.16.3 (development version) seems to work flawlessly. So I guess I'll just have to use that for now...

alright, I guess as long as it works and is stable its ok. 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I just joined the Rosetta@home and WCG LTT teams! :) I see that my credits have been transferred to the LTT team. I understand the requirements for the folding@home team, crunch 21 WUs for the new team and you'll get the badge. I was wondering what the system is for BOINC - earn 25k MORE credits for the LTT team, before I get the badge? Or are the ~49k credits transferred to LTT due to my Rosetta@home(https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_user.php?userid=2073854) change valid for this?

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

 

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

                        

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

 

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

Hey guys, I just joined the Rosetta@home and WCG LTT teams! :) I see that my credits have been transferred to the LTT team. I understand the requirements for the folding@home team, crunch 21 WUs for the new team and you'll get the badge. I was wondering what the system is for BOINC - earn 25k MORE credits for the LTT team, before I get the badge? Or are the ~49k credits transferred to LTT due to my Rosetta@home(https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_user.php?userid=2073854) change valid for this?

You can check requirements for all badges for F@H and BOINC in this thread:

 

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

 

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

 

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×