Is HTML actually a coding language???

DomTech05
Just now, AbsoluteFool said:

No one said php needs a web browser or web server for that matter.

You lied that PHP needs a "server". Still waiting for an explanation. An interpreter is an entirely different thing than a "server".

Write in C.

1 minute ago, Dat Guy said:

You lied that PHP needs a "server". Still waiting for an explanation. An interpreter is an entirely different thing than a "server".

i never said php "needs a server". I said "if php can find it on a server" a server can be a regulare PC. Thought you knew the difference... Again.. Stop confusing yourself..

1 minute ago, AbsoluteFool said:

i never said php "needs a server".

You literally said: "But all php do is execute stuff that already exist on a server". Twice.

Just because I have a helloworld.php file on my desktop, my desktop PC is still not a server. If I run "php helloworld.php" on said desktop PC, the desktop PC continues to be not a server.

Write in C.

3 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Tell me what the second line on this website says. https://www.php.net/

I wonder if you read the same as me that is: PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to web development.

PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited but not limited to web development.

FTFY

Write in C.

1 minute ago, Dat Guy said:

You literally said: "But all php do is execute stuff that already exist on a server". Twice.

Just because I have a helloworld.php file on my desktop, my desktop PC is still not a server. If I run "php helloworld.php" on said desktop PC, the desktop PC continues to be not a server.

Actually it is, your PC is serving you information from a php file. You don't seem to understand what a server is

your PC is serving you information from a php file

Ah, I see. So if I write a helloworld.c file and I run "cc -o helloworld helloworld.c", my PC is a C server and C also requires a server to work?

Write in C.

3 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

Actually it is, your PC is serving you information from a php file. You don't seem to understand what a server is

Server is just a program, not a machine. Like any program, it can be coded in any language. To be a server, a computer just needs an instance aka a running process of such server program executing. Those program can be coded in php, in c, in python, in java, and anything that you can use to program a networking socket in fact. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

No, HTML is not a programming language. The "M" stands for "Markup". Generally, a programming language allows you to describe some sort of process of doing something, whereas HTML is a way of adding context and structure to text

On 9/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, AbsoluteFool said:

jiFfM.jpg.3efdd0f691cbb334f676e7db5858b63e.jpg

PHP is no different from e.g. Python: both are interpreted languages, both could be used to e.g. write backend-code for a website and both could just as well be used to write local programs, including the video-editor you mentioned earlier. The fact that PHP is mostly used for backend-code doesn't mean that's the only thing it is capable of doing, let alone it meaning that it isn't a programming-language.

You need to go and learn what interpreted languages are, then educate yourself on e.g. Python, Perl and PHP.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

i'll say that HTML technically isn't a coding language, but most people treat it as one and learn it like one

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

On 9/13/2019 at 2:45 PM, Dat Guy said:

SQL is a programming language to some extent - and it is not Turing-complete.

No it's not. It's a query language.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

HTML is a coding language, it's just a declarative language instead of an imperative one.

SQL is also a declarative language

On 9/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, camjocotem said:

HTML is a coding language, it's just a declarative language instead of an imperative one.

SQL is also a declarative language

Html doesn't execute instructions. It is about as much a coding language as xml or json. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

i mean G code is considered a programming language for CNCs and you can't really use it to calculate anything and its not turing complete

It's in the name, Hypertext Markup Language.

It's a markup language, not a programming language

Tags determine how text should be formatted but that's pretty much it. All of the magic happens in the way the browser renders it