FanControl, my take on a SpeedFan replacement

11 hours ago, Rem0o said:

For the controls that don't match automatically, when you set 100%, none of Fan #2 or Fan #3 increases in speed? If one of them do, simply do manual match, then click on the fan icon of the corresponding RPM card.

No they don't increase at all, even if I match the GPU Control to one of those fans they don't increase either.

Has anyone a RX 6800? How is the compatibility with fancontrol?

image.thumb.png.16e40726419639cd1f45c6a3b03c1e1b.png

I am getting this error when i switch profiles or laod profiles or save profiles... everything seems to work though

4 hours ago, christizzz said:

image.thumb.png.16e40726419639cd1f45c6a3b03c1e1b.png

I am getting this error when i switch profiles or laod profiles or save profiles... everything seems to work though

Could you post your config file here?

@Rem0o I've confirmed that my issue with fans randomly spinning to 100% is not a sensor reporting issue as far as I can tell -- I have two fan curves running off the same sensor and they don't fail at the same time.

Great piece of software, have been using this for a few months now.

I was wondering if there was a way to enable zero-fan on the GPU. It's an Nvidia 3080FE and with the fan software running, it will not return to 0% after the card cools down, it just sits at 30%... Maybe a software option that automatically switched off the the fan control once the temperature reached a certain low limit? This would enable the zero-fan on the card bios to shut fans off? If i stop the fan control of the gpu, the fans go to 0%

Thanks

3 hours ago, Gaz_Mataz said:

Great piece of software, have been using this for a few months now.

I was wondering if there was a way to enable zero-fan on the GPU. It's an Nvidia 3080FE and with the fan software running, it will not return to 0% after the card cools down, it just sits at 30%... Maybe a software option that automatically switched off the the fan control once the temperature reached a certain low limit? This would enable the zero-fan on the card bios to shut fans off? If i stop the fan control of the gpu, the fans go to 0%

Thanks

AFAIK, all 30XX cards have this weird 30% behavior. Until the driver I'm using gets updated, I can't do much, and hacking a solution into the software isn't my cup of tea.

I've been using this for a few months now. Turned my PC on today and malwarebytes flagged LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll as a bitcoin miner and placed it in quarantine. When I removed it all of my controls are gone except for the 2 for my GPU fan (outside fans/middle fan). How do I get my controls back? And why is LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll being flagged as a bitcoin miner. I'm sure it's just a false positive, but it would be nice if there was a way to prevent this happening in the future. 

*edit*

Deleted everything, then re-downloaded/extracted/ran updater.exe - upon opening there is still nothing but my 2 GPU fans for control. It's like it's not seeing any other sensors at all. 

8 minutes ago, 2222 said:

I've been using this for a few months now. Turned my PC on today and malwarebytes flagged LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll as a bitcoin miner and placed it in quarantine. When I removed it all of my controls are gone except for the 2 for my GPU fan (outside fans/middle fan). How do I get my controls back? And why is LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll being flagged as a bitcoin miner. I'm sure it's just a false positive, but it would be nice if there was a way to prevent this happening in the future. 

*edit*

Deleted everything, then re-downloaded/extracted/ran updater.exe - upon opening there is still nothing but my 2 GPU fans for control. It's like it's not seeing any other sensors at all. 

LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll is required to detect your controls, fan speeds and temperature. It is the backbone of this software. If it gets flagged / quarantine for some reason, of course the software will be broken.

27 minutes ago, Rem0o said:

LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll is required to detect your controls, fan speeds and temperature. It is the backbone of this software. If it gets flagged / quarantine for some reason, of course the software will be broken.

It's just weird that it's worked fine for the last 3-4 months and it just got flagged. 

Even after removing it from quarantine fan control still doesn't show the other controls. Any ideas how to get them back now?

16 minutes ago, 2222 said:

It's just weird that it's worked fine for the last 3-4 months and it just got flagged. 

Even after removing it from quarantine fan control still doesn't show the other controls. Any ideas how to get them back now?

malwarebytes might still be preventing hardware access. Do you have any log.txt file in your folder? Also, could you DM me this ? image.png.b9a0036e4caa0bfd7d306813308dded5.png

Is there any chance you can make the external fan control on ASUS cards work? Only way to control it is through ASUS GPU Tweak, and it doesn't work half the time, the card is sweating at 80 degrees and the fans are at 30%, and asus gpu tweak messes up the gpu clocks.

1 hour ago, Mr.Right said:

Is there any chance you can make the external fan control on ASUS cards work? Only way to control it is through ASUS GPU Tweak, and it doesn't work half the time, the card is sweating at 80 degrees and the fans are at 30%, and asus gpu tweak messes up the gpu clocks.

If you can give me the public API to read and set the speed for that header, then sure, I can integrate almost anything into FanControl.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:56 PM, Rem0o said:

If you can give me the public API to read and set the speed for that header, then sure, I can integrate almost anything into FanControl.

I have absolutely no idea which it is. I know it had an executable named ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe , that's as far as I know. I hope that helps somewhat.

This really is amazing. I just did my first PC build a few weeks ago in the ncase M1. I have since noticed that a lot of dust is accumulating in the case, due in large part to the two bottom chassis fans being set to intake for the gpu, and of course running constantly. 

With this program and five minutes of my time, the fans are now set to be 'off' unless the GPU is actually under load, which is almost never. I have no doubt the amount of dust entering the case will now be substantially reduced. 

Thank you Rem0o!! I was only able to contribute a small amount but when I am in better shape financially, I will keep you in mind. You have really done great work here. 

CONFIRMED WORKING perfectly on

Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4

Hi Rem0o,

I've just starting using your software and it looks really promising. I do, however, have a question regarding how you control the GPU fans. Do you only use the LibreHardwareMonitorLib DLL for this, or do you directly interface with the Nvidia API?

Some background for the question:

Before setting up fan curves, I want to do some testing to understand how my various fans interact and affect various temperatures and what trade-offs there are e.g. I know that one of my case fans will make my GPU temperature rise, while making the CPU temperature fall.

To this end, I'm writing a simple Python script to automate my testing. Basically something that will set all fans to some fixed values for a number of minutes, after which it will record temperatures and then set the fans to different values and repeat until it's gone through a list of speed combinations.

I've gotten a working interface with LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll in Python and can get all my temperatures (including GPU) and control all the fans on my motherboard. I can't, however, control my GPU fan. The only fan sensor returned by LibreHardwareMonitorLib is a single read-only fan control sensor that gives the chosen fan speed %. This is also the only sensor that appears in LibreHardwareMonitor itself. There is no way to change the fan or get the rpm and the second fan controller on the GPU does not appear:

image.png.da9b3286b13a1672c0aba0bb15c5244f.png 

In your software, I can see both controllers, can change the values and can also see the rpm values. Hence my question - should I be focussing my troubleshooting and something that's not working in LibreHardwareMonitorLib, or do I need to be interfacing directly with the Nvidia API.

Thanks

Edward

@Edward C

LibreHardwareMonitorLib Nvidia API is not up to date. I'm using NvAPIWrapper ( you can see the dll in the folder ) which is also open source and has more up to date driver API support.

ive set the start and stop % for my fans but they wont run between these % 
example minimum fan speed set to 35% start = 50% stop =30% fan stuck at 52% or if minimum set to 0% the fan jumps between 0% to 48% every 1 second
ryzen 7 1700
msi x370 gaming plus (latest non-beta bios)
windows 10 pro 1909
openfancontrol 59(updated from 57)(deleted old version first and profiles)

heyitsabug.png

Hi Rem0o, 

is just discovered your software and LOVE it! Finally a way to ramp up my case fans a bit when my GPU is outputting some more heat to keep the GPU fans at reasonable speeds.

I can confirm you, your software works with the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Mainboard and the EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 super well.

I might even swap the fans on the EVGA Card for some Noctuas and control it via a Mainboard-Header and your Software! 

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

ive set the start and stop % for my fans but they wont run between these % 
example minimum fan speed set to 35% start = 50% stop =30% fan stuck at 52% or if minimum set to 0% the fan jumps between 0% to 48% every 1 second

It seems like your start/stop % are off? On the screenshot, it tries to kickstart the fan with the start % but it doesn't seem to be enough. Also, did you pair it with the proper rpm card?

Hi @Rem0o Merry Christmas from the UK

Is it all all possible to be able to use the VRM temperature to set a fan curve

I'm using an old rig - amd fx8350 and a gigabyte 990fx-ud3

in hwinfo64 i can monitor vrm temps and would love to be able to adjust the fans based on their temps but isn't an available temperature source in 'fan control

thanks in advance

s

Capture.PNG

On 12/24/2020 at 5:27 PM, Rem0o said:

@Edward C

LibreHardwareMonitorLib Nvidia API is not up to date. I'm using NvAPIWrapper ( you can see the dll in the folder ) which is also open source and has more up to date driver API support.

Thanks, I managed to get something working with NvAPIWrapper.

On 12/25/2020 at 9:36 AM, Rem0o said:

It seems like your start/stop % are off? On the screenshot, it tries to kickstart the fan with the start % but it doesn't seem to be enough. Also, did you pair it with the proper rpm card?

the casefront fans dont have a rpm signal on the fan itself but i did use a fan that does to sync it the rpm card this behavior also accures with the case rear  which the fan does have a rpm signal wire