FanControl, my take on a SpeedFan replacement

1 hour ago, Mavark said:

I signed up to say thank you.

After days of struggling I can sync my gpu rad fan to gpu temps without having to fuckle about in all these god aweful propriety softwares everyone feels like they need to have.

Still can't customise the fans hidden behind the fucking corsair icue bollocks but this is a start. Is that a possibility, btw? To get to the fans that are plugged into the corsair AIO pump blocks? HWiNFO can report the speeds but I can't get in and fiddle with the fan curves because that icue software is rubbish.

If support is added here : https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor, FanControl will get it.

17 hours ago, Rem0o said:

If support is added here : https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor, FanControl will get it.

Thats awesome. I got too sick of it today and just took out the middleman. Unhooked the AIO from the cpu header, which it only wanted the tacho connection anyway and slapped a splitter on it. Fans now spool correctly with temps. Runs like a charm.

However I noticed that it can't pick up a temp from the 980 pro nVME drive anymore. HWiNFO64 is reporting two temps from it, which might have something to do with it. 43°c and 53°c currently. Makes the m.2 fan on my mobo spin at 100% while reading 0°c. It's probably a conflict somewhere, anyway the -30% offset allows it to spin slow enough to produce a not quiet annoying noise, so live with able.

Seriously, thank you. After using a manual speed controller for 4+ years and then coming to this shitstorm of propriety software for automatic managment, this little program is amazing. Just gotta figure why the Ryzens temp keeps jumping around erratcially.

Hi Rem0o,

Just to let you know, setting the fan speed to 0 % with a Nvidia RTX 3070 FE now correctly turns off the fan thanks to the updated version of LibreHardwareMonitor in your latest release.

Thank you again for your great work!

Rem0o,

Thanks for putting this great software together! It is excellent.  I second the hope of Marvark above that LibreHardwareMonitor gets support for controlling the pump and fans on Corsair products so we can all drop the bloatware we have to run now.  I really like your lightweight, elegant solution for fan control and really appreciate being able to control all my case fans without having to use MSI bloatware for that plus iCUE for my H100i Platinum AOI.  Hopefully I can soon dump iCUE.  In the meantime I get to dump both Dragon Center and Firestorm (for my graphics card).  Thanks a million.

4 hours ago, Streght said:

Hi Rem0o,

Just to let you know, setting the fan speed to 0 % with a Nvidia RTX 3070 FE now correctly turns off the fan thanks to the updated version of LibreHardwareMonitor in your latest release.

Thank you again for your great work!

Huh, Nvidia GPU control is not being handled by LibreHardwareMonitorLib, so that doesn't make sense 🤔  Nvidia Driver update maybe?

Hi! First of all, thanks for working on this software. I had been using AI suite and fanxpert to try and control my case fans. It worked decently well but it would also behave erratically from time to time so I had to get rid of it. Tried your program and I am much happier with it than AI suite. I hope this isn't too basic of a question but are there any existing guides that might be of relevance to someone who is new at adjusting fan curves? I am trying to set up my system to improve my GPU temperatures by modifying the fans. Simply increasing the fan speed doesn't seem to work as I actually see an increase in temperatures when doing so. I'd love to learn how to use your software more effectively. I apologize if this was mentioned previously. I attempted to scan through previous posts but didn't see anything relevant to my question. Thanks again! 

How do I get my case fans and cpu to show up, I only have my gpu fan. image.thumb.png.5936512697f007636ba726ccde8c777b.png 

3 hours ago, LNI3000 said:

How do I get my case fans and cpu to show up, I only have my gpu fan. image.thumb.png.5936512697f007636ba726ccde8c777b.png 

3-dot menu>refresh sensor detection, maybe?

What system are you running this on?

1 hour ago, jwwagner25 said:

3-dot menu>refresh sensor detection, maybe?

What system are you running this on?

When I did that it said "could not load the configuration", im using a windows 10 desktop pc

On 1/18/2021 at 11:20 PM, Rem0o said:

Huh, Nvidia GPU control is not being handled by LibreHardwareMonitorLib, so that doesn't make sense 🤔  Nvidia Driver update maybe?

Well It's working correctly since your latest release (v63) and I didn't have any Nvidia update since the 461.09 from January 7th.

10 hours ago, LNI3000 said:

Are your fans plugged into the motherboard headers?

6 hours ago, Mavark said:

Are your fans plugged into the motherboard headers?

That doesn't matter, the software either has the "map" for your motherboard headers, or it doesn't. In that case, his SuperIO chip is not supported, as in everyone with missing control cards.

4 hours ago, Rem0o said:

That doesn't matter, the software either has the "map" for your motherboard headers, or it doesn't. In that case, his SuperIO chip is not supported, as in everyone with missing control cards.

So there is nothing I can do to fix the fans that start getting loud at a low temperature?

10 hours ago, LNI3000 said:

So there is nothing I can do to fix the fans that start getting loud at a low temperature?

Not with FanControl, try with your BIOS/Motherboard software.

As I used it, I got two future requests.
1. Is it possible to add power sensors to the program?
CPU power consumption + GPU power consumption. To control the fan of the power supply.
2. Add support https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB
To activate the backlit on fans.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:57 AM, lonely_myp said:

As I used it, I got two future requests.
1. Is it possible to add power sensors to the program?
CPU power consumption + GPU power consumption. To control the fan of the power supply.
2. Add support https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB
To activate the backlit on fans.

1) That would be kind of complicated since the "common" range of temperature vs power is not the same, and my whole UI would be weird for "watts".
2) Great repo, wasn't aware of it, just don't know how integrating it would make sense for Fancontrol.

3 hours ago, Rem0o said:

Version 64

Mix any number of curves

Thanks for this, made a small donation.

Hey man, love the software! I can finally control my fans, easily, and without any weird stuff. The only thing I could think of doing is maybe adding a way to mess with the setup fan curves for each fan controller via a small API. Then I could use something like AutoHotKey and bind scripts. Doesn't really have to be a thing, just throwing something out there because you mentioned it has everything in your mature video lol.

Also, I did have a problem with this program being very buggy the first time I tried it. It appears that freesync or adaptive sync combined with g-sync causes it to be very laggy feeling. A few days ago when I gave it a shot it was actually glitching out. Turning off freesync fixes it though.

For people having the issue where they can see their fan but not control it! I had to go into my bios and switch the fan control to manual in order for the program to be able to override the bios set curve. It could also be just because I restarted.. But let's go with it being me changing the setting.

22 hours ago, WakaDooda said:

Also, I did have a problem with this program being very buggy the first time I tried it. It appears that freesync or adaptive sync combined with g-sync causes it to be very laggy feeling. A few days ago when I gave it a shot it was actually glitching out. Turning off freesync fixes it though.

it's only an issue if you use "windowed and fullscreen mode"

My settings with a freesync display (and freesync on) below.

If it's still laggy after that, either try just restarting the program/windows or even do a DDU run and driver update.

Maybe Rem0o can make a note of it.

2014903651_DesktopScreenshot2021_01.26-17_40_37_56.png.7415214d498eae84769cb824097d98d3.png

49 minutes ago, Rem0o said:

What I'm working on.....

Custom sensors

First: Mix
Same idea as a mixed fan curves, but for a temperature sensor.
image.png.fed3974bbd99e58981a1b7de8840a78e.png

Awesome!! 😁🖕🖕🖕

I had to rescue my old account just to comment on how thankful I am this software exists. Speedfan is way too confusing to me and I just randomly found this. I'm quite happy to see you're still working on it actively, I appreciate your dedication. 

Just wanted to say: Fell into this thread through a search in duckduckgo and registered an account just to say thanks a bunch I send you a beer through paypal. 🙂