When someone edits their post/reply, it should say that it was edited (by default)

r2724r16

As of now, we have the option of manually selecting if our message should show that it's been edited.

I believe that this option shouldn't exist at all, and that it should always show that the message has been edited. There's no specific reason for why I'm recommending this, it's just my personal opinion.

Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

4 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

As of now, we have the option of manually selecting if our message should show that it's been edited.

I believe that this option shouldn't exist at all, and that it should always show that the message has been edited. There's no specific reason for why I'm recommending this, it's just my personal opinion.

Why does it matter? Does it really change anything if it shows that a post has been edited?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I think there's an element of neatness to the lack of the edited message, but yeah it changes nothing.

An interesting alternative, the forum actually tracks if someone has seen a post or not, so if an edit is made before the content is viewed, the edited message could be hidden.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i edit alot of what i write, not because i changed what i wrote, just because i wrote with my smartphone with lots of errors

why does everybody needs to know i wrote wrong 4 or 5 words?, they already saw the words i wrote wrong, no need to show that

I highly disagree with your proposal.

Lots of users, myself included, edits every single one of our replies with either additional or forgotten information, grammar fixing or avoiding doing a second reply to answer to something new as the page update and it would be awful to have a big flashy EDITED on every single one of our replies.

Also this subject has been brought up fairly recently here:

Either ways I'm always in favor of giving the user as much choice as he wants, the current form gives you the option to display the EDITED along side a reason or eliminate it altogether, so it can serve the preference of every one, excluding this and forcing EDITED onto every one will only serve for those who wants it at the expense of those who don't.

Why eliminate alternatives and go to imposing a single way when the current works perfectly fine? It makes no sense to me personally.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I kind-of-agree with @r2724r16 as I have had other forum members reply to me about some detail I have missed in a forum post after the OP's gone back and edited in more information to their original post. Maybe a radio button that works in the opposite direction, so that way when nubies update their post other more seasoned posters would see that it has been edited. And when you get some merit or know how to change the button hidden in the depths of your profile settings, then you can turn that notification off.

Why I only kind-of-agree, is that I too often go back over a post and find small errors, wrong words and punctuation which does not necessarily need to be shown as changed or edited! Sometimes I even leave notes or REASONS for the edits for admins to read...lol

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Nearly every single one of my comments on the forum has an edit to it because I spelled just "jsut" (I actually did it just now trying to demonstrate I do it ?)

It's definitely a lot cleaner if it's left off especially for grammatical errors. Sometimes I'll just write *EDIT* instead of using the check box (it's weird I know). 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Sometimes I'll just write *EDIT* instead of using the check box (it's weird I know)

I usually clearly write "EDIT: something something something" if I add something new to my post, so anyone reading it can spot easily that I've added something to it. On the other hand, if it's just some minor change, like fixing typos or something, then I won't add that line because it's irrelevant with regards the information conveyed.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Seriously, don't you people search or even look before posting????

Not so hard....

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv