Can anybody recommend a new game to get?

Cupar19

So i haven't bought a new game in almost a year and im getting bored of playing all of the games i have. i'm looking for a game to spend quite a few hours in? I'm not really a fan of those EA or Ubisoft singleplayer games though because they all feel like the same game just with different characters.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

football manager 2019

Metro exodus,  or better yet start with metro 2033

Metro games 

doom 2016

doom 1993 and brutal doom mod

civilisation 6

Stellaris 

vangers

If you want to get a game that you can spend thousand of hours buy Conan exiles

The metro games look interesting, what about ark survival what do you guys think about that?

Don't touch ark it suck. Buy Conan, it has a lot more to to do and it has the best community in survival games

If you like shooters, halo or portal, or even just solid multiplayer gameplay, i'd suggest "Splitgate" as well. It's free on steam for an open Beta and is releasing F2P on the 22nd. Give it a try

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

Magic the gathering Arena and the starter bundle? It's really good imo

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If you are into RPGs, I would recommend you Gothic 1 or better Gothic 2. It's fairly old and unkown outside of europe, but it is to this day one of the best RPGs on this planet. Even CD Project Red took inspiration from that game for The Witcher. If you have a couple of spare minutes, watch this -> video <- and decide for yourself.

3 hours ago, Medicate said:

football manager 2019

This, the game that ends marriages, relationships and results in the player becoming a hermit.

The only upside is I get to wear my suit and tie to cup finals.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

It would be helpful if you'd told us what kind of games you like to play? Action? RPG? Shooter? Turn based? Multiplayer? Co-op?

If you like survival games, Fade to Silence and The Long Dark are pretty good.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

I've been playing the borderlands series over again in excitement over Borderlands 3 coming out in September.

That could be an option if you've never played or are interested in BL3?

Hope it helps! ?

Bought an i5, got an i7. Thanks Amazon.

Spoiler

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB | RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600 MHz | Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper | HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | PSU: EVGA 750P2 80+ | Monitor: Acer 21.5" 1080p & Samsung 27" Curved 1080p | Keyboard & Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo | Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | OS: Windows 10 Home

On 5/5/2019 at 5:55 AM, Alluz.h said:

Don't touch ark it suck. Buy Conan, it has a lot more to to do and it has the best community in survival games

I found Conan boring, but I run my own modded servers (I find ark a ton more fun) 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

To me ark was boring but conan was fun but maybe he should test both of them

On 5/5/2019 at 5:45 AM, Cupar19 said:

So i haven't bought a new game in almost a year and im getting bored of playing all of the games i have. i'm looking for a game to spend quite a few hours in? I'm not really a fan of those EA or Ubisoft singleplayer games though because they all feel like the same game just with different characters.

If you enjoyed Halo or Modern Warfare 3's infection style game modes. Pandemic Express is very fun. Has those elements plus a mix of zombie escape from Counter strike. 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Cupar19 said:

AC Odysse is actual very good and not like old copy/paste AC at all.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Not sure if ya into Metrovania style games, but Hollow Knight is a great one.

If ya into rogue lite, then Enter the Gungeon is a fun little game to pick up and play.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I'll recomend a couple OLD games for you ;)

these are Playstation 1 titles lol.

Legend of Legaia

Monster Rancher 1 and 2

Both of those games will take horrendous amounts of hours to beat. (and monster rancher is kinda not a game you beat so much as master. )