LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Oh wow, 1.1.5 has been launched to the PTU some time ago!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/272309/1-1-5-publish-to-ptu/p1

Scythe and Merlin are flyable, 8 vs 8 combat, newer and faster launcher and people joining into your lobby will be placed onto the same team! Quite some cool stuff, if you ask me.

EDIT: For convenience ;) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/410420-star-citizen-arena-commander-ptu-115-rolled-out/

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

*Aurora hull health increased x3

*Aurora top speed increased to 175

*Mustang hull health increased x3

*Shield values have been doubled

Alright! @Corwin111 I'm coming for you!

An FPS update right from the horses mouth (on Gamers Nexus), mostly just going over what we've seen in the weekly updates but its nice to have a video version IMO and includes a jukes demo from the man himself lol. CR did let out that they are aiming for a PTU release around Gamescom (+/- a week or two) if all goes well too :D

*Aurora hull health increased x3

*Aurora top speed increased to 175

*Mustang hull health increased x3

*Shield values have been doubled

Alright! @Corwin111 I'm coming for you!

I'll be there, waiting in my double health hornet. ;)

More excited bout this bit myself:  "Players entering a game from the same Lobby will now always be on the same team."

I'll be there, waiting in my double health hornet. ;)

More excited bout this bit myself: "Players entering a game from the same Lobby will now always be on the same team."

Yeah there's so much good stuff.

Seems when I RMA stuff the good updates happen!

Well, I don't know if this has been talked about at some point, or if it was a given for most since it pretty much should be what you think of first... but whatever.

LTT is based off Canada and we can expect most people on the forums to be from NA. But I don't think we've stopped to evaluate the server regions where members might actually play. Depending on country, european members might have problems trying to play on servers based off NA.

It may not be the best time to think about this anyway. PU launch is still a long time away, and we still don't know the specifics of how it's going to work. Just wanted everyone to give it a thought, if they hadn't already.

Well, I don't know if this has been talked about at some point, or if it was a given for most since it pretty much should be what you think of first... but whatever.

LTT is based off Canada and we can expect most people on the forums to be from NA. But I don't think we've stopped to evaluate the server regions where members might actually play. Depending on country, european members might have problems trying to play on servers based off NA.

It may not be the best time to think about this anyway. PU launch is still a long time away, and we still don't know the specifics of how it's going to work. Just wanted everyone to give it a thought, if they hadn't already.

The thing is I doubt that there is any control over what server you'll be playing on anyway and at least until 1.1.4 it worked fine for me while playing on american servers so I'm not that concerned. If I remember correctly they were in the talks with Google to use their network instead of the traditional internet to reduce lag but that could have been something else.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

The thing is I doubt that there is any control over what server you'll be playing on anyway and at least until 1.1.4 it worked fine for me while playing on american servers so I'm not that concerned. If I remember correctly they were in the talks with Google to use their network instead of the traditional internet to reduce lag but that could have been something else.

That's correct, they were saying by using google servers the between server communications would go over "googles internet" as apposed to the open internet reducing latency and improving consistency, it'll still be limited by physics but should be tolerable if you want to play with people around the world, especially with the slower pace of the FPS and the more predictable movement of the ships... 150ms to the US is still going to be annoying for me but it should be manageable. I think there's a good spread of people all over the world in UOLTT too its just a lot are inactive while the games at such an early stage, look forward to seeing a few more ANZAC players starting to pop up as we get closer to release :)

Also damn! Just watched RTV and ~2.5hrs to cross the large world test map in a 350R at full speed and its only growing, it sounds like the 64-bit conversion was a huge success, cant wait to see it at Gamescom :)

Also damn! Just watched RTV and ~2.5hrs to cross the large world test map in a 350R at full speed and its only growing, it sounds like the 64-bit conversion was a huge success, cant wait to see it at Gamescom :)

Wait a minute, that 2.5 hours was for the new Big Map they are introducing soon/at Gamescom? Hot damn, it must be absolutely massive!

Wait a minute, that 2.5 hours was for the new Big Map they are introducing soon/at Gamescom? Hot damn, it must be absolutely massive!

They did precede it with 'hopefully' and I think while they plan to show it it'll probably only be released to us with the PU alpha (that's just my speculation though), at which point it'll be even bigger :) they said they were talking in thousands of km at the moment but CR's started talking in millions of km :D

I just did an 8v8 squadron battle. Holy cow, that's carnage. The game is way too buggy right now and killing a Cutlass takes forever but it actually was a lot of fun. Looking forward to a more stable release.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Actually I think LTT has a global audience with it being the internet and all, plus it being Canada so that's like the UK's smallest brother so...

But in all seriousness the people that are currently playing on the weekend in the meet up are Europeans, American and Canadians and we don't have issues as latency isn't so important as ship movement is fairly predictable.

The FPS could be a different story tho.

Damn, I just got back and wow, like 80 notifications just from this thread, what have I missed? Does someone have the TLDR version? :D:P

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Damn, I just got back and wow, like 80 notifications just from this thread, what have I missed? Does someone have the TLDR version? :D:P

What's happening right now is that 1.1.5 has been released to the PTU (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/410420-star-citizen-arena-commander-ptu-115-rolled-out/), a few bits of information about FPS haven been released and just us mostly rambling a bit about other things :)

What's happening right now is that 1.1.5 has been released to the PTU (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/410420-star-citizen-arena-commander-ptu-115-rolled-out/), a few bits of information about FPS haven been released and just us mostly rambling a bit about other things :)

I see I see, nice little updates there, but still no FPS? Damn, I thought it would done sooner than this, oh well, guess I'm waiting a couple more "weeks"

Has anyone tried this PTU patch yet? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I see I see, nice little updates there, but still no FPS? Damn, I thought it would done sooner than this, oh well, guess I'm waiting a couple more "weeks"

@Napper198 has

I have, Biggest C*** tease ever. oh yeah you can fly your merlin, except not if you own an andromeda

I have, Biggest C*** tease ever. oh yeah you can fly your merlin, except not if you own an andromeda

Cake? Where's the cake dude?

Say what now? So if you have the ship by the only 'legitimate' way of obtaining it (not being a loaner for other ships) you can't actually fly it?

Say what now? So if you have the ship by the only 'legitimate' way of obtaining it (not being a loaner for other ships) you can't actually fly it?

on the andromeda its bugged so it just loads infinitely.

on the andromeda its bugged so it just loads infinitely.

That'll be patch Monday/Tuesday