Alexthenoobgamer101

are you using adblock  

48 members have voted

1. 1. are you using adblock

• yes
    • no

12 minutes ago, Alexthenoobgamer101 said:

just want to know

The question itself is flawed. A better question would be "How do you use adblock?" (with "I don't" as one of the options).

Why? Because there are generally two kinds of people who use adblock:

1. People who block everything, because they hate ads and want stuff for free

2. People who block random unknown/untrustworthy websites, and whitelist all their regular content (Examples include LTT, YouTube, etc).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I use Adblock for all websites. If you want me to buy something, present me with a product that both suits my tastes and needs, and I will come to you. 

I use adblock because most adverts are too intrusive, they get rammed into your face and it doesn't work. I've been spammed with adverts before and it has made me refuse to use or buy that product as a result.

Adblock on computer. 

YouTube Premium for mobile phone. It's not that expensive for my usage. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Ad Blocking is an excellent way to boost your web experience on computers.  On Chrome and Firefox there is Ad Block Plus on the downstairs rig.  On my laptop, I use the built-in AdBlocker on Opera.image.png.2fee44ea8f4316037f0be75d3036e38f.png Works like magic to remove YT ads and those heavy ads on news articles.  Anyone who doesn't use an Ad Blocker should to maximize web performance.

Won’t visit often..

If the ads that they served were done in a nice way as can EASILY BE DONE FYI. Then sure I would turn off adblock.

But since the Ad giant Google would rather make more money spam ading at EVERYTHING with a fucking pulse, rather then precise well made ads. I won't be turning mine off any time soon. 

And since they know it works they will not change, unless an equally as massive in change object acts upon them. So governments lul

And u know what happens when u open that cluster fuck of a can of worms. 

Yaa............. we don't see change any time soon lol, so neither will u see it in me and most of the ad block advocates. :)

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

I run all the Firefox content block stuff and I run a blocker script for a specific website as the adds are hyper aggressive. I don't use add blocks otherwise as I like to support the creators but I don't have any money to donate really

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

wait adblock works on youtube!? 

never used it before, coz it think it will block some fishy website I often use, and I lived playing with ads long enough I dont get any virus.

can I set it to only work for youtube?

I usually whitelist some websites if I see their ads are not intrusive.

But unfortunately, those are few and far between these days. I tried disabling it outright not long ago... and that wasn't fun. I got 5 warnings from my firewall within an hour.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yes, I use AdBlock, but I whitelist websites which I visit often and don't have intrusive ads.

I personally use uBlock and also use that to block out some intrusive website parts (Like for example Pinterest with their large "LOG IN OR ELSE" banner).

Sometimes some website have image I do not wish to see and I block those as well (e.g. I am on some news website which has those clickbait 'articles' on the bottom with some less appetizing pictures).

I also like to try to block some trackers and scripts on websites which are not necessary to using the website.

Part of me does this/wants this because I think script/adblockers are just as important now, as anti virus software was back in the day.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On my computers i have uBlock Origin installed on all browsers.

I used to be even more extreme about ads, back when i had my Untangle firewall i would block ads at router level, even my smart TVs didn't have ads on the Youtube app.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Bit of a no brainer when it comes to adblocking these days since malicious ads are getting rather annoying lately :/ 

but ofc, it's nice to have pihole dns blocker if you have IOT or even something like a chromecast where you can't block ads.

What the hey....

The internet is basically unusable without one these days. If the fuckers weren't so intrusive and persistent (not to mention malicious) maybe I wouldn't need one.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

you should change the q to ad blocking software. im using ublock origin.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I didn’t use as block until it got in the way of the content I came for. 

I used to not use websites entirely if ads started blasting &/or opening tabs. 

8 hours ago, killcomic said:

The internet is basically unusable without one these days. If the fuckers weren't so intrusive and persistent (not to mention malicious) maybe I wouldn't need one.

I'd prefer ads to sponsored content, especially when not advertised as such. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:07 PM, dalekphalm said:

The question itself is flawed. A better question would be "How do you use adblock?" (with "I don't" as one of the options).

Why? Because there are generally two kinds of people who use adblock:

1. People who block everything, because they hate ads and want stuff for free

2. People who block random unknown/untrustworthy websites, and whitelist all their regular content (Examples include LTT, YouTube, etc).

#2 for me.

I whitelist sites that would actually monitor the ads they use.

Always use an Ad-Blocker for safety.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

12 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

#2 for me.

I whitelist sites that would actually monitor the ads they use.

Always use an Ad-Blocker for safety.

I'm #2 as well. I use Adblock (uBlock Origin, right now), but I whitelist heavily. If I use a site regularly, it gets whitelisted (unless it's super bad).

YouTube and LTT are prime examples. I know YT ads can get annoying, but most of the bad ones are skippable (anything more than 30 seconds).

And my ad impression helps Linus and other creators. If I don't want YT ads, I have two options: YT Premium, or Floatplane (obvs only LMG and Bitwit right now).

To me, there's no good reason to block YouTube ads (others may be different. Data cap issues, etc). I want to support the videos I watch - otherwise, if I don't value the creators, why the fuck am I wasting time watching their videos? They deserve the ad impression.

And if I prefer to support them in a more direct manner, YT Premium (not available everywhere) is a great way to do that. For LMG specifically, Floatplane is a no brainer if you want to support them, but hate ads.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I use no script to block the annoying intrusive ads. Normal ads don't get blocked.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, Alexthenoobgamer101 said:

just want to know

I use uBlock Origin by Raymond Gorhill - AdBlock allows certain ads through for paying advertisers and is NOT open source.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I use AdBlock, and use it to block everything. Makes my life a little more convenient ?‍♂️

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, Alexthenoobgamer101 said:

just want to know

Use adblock for everything except LTT and channels that i think actually deserve money as they are dedicated to there work and make quality content, such as jayz or ltt or these forums, and people like joentell and what not. i dont wanna be giving lots of people who want passive income from god damn ads.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)