Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

1 minute ago, lloose said:

Not just any monitor. Apple uses some of the best displays you can buy. 

Easily it’s like shoving a Mac mini into the back of a really good 4K or 5K Monitor, that’s another thing I think people over look.

yeah the Mac mini I’m not so sure is priced all that well but it is a small computer so it does have that going for it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Nobody:

PC Master Race:

42 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I'm talking about the 27".

the 21.5" aren't worth talking about. They are just MBPs (with a worse proc). and those are also stupidly overpriced. 1000$ more than my XPS 15, for what, a slightly better screen, and a worse GPU. (560x is worse than 1050 ti moble, and can't do some things like cuda)

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Its still not that much better for $1,299 you only get a quad core i3

you get an entire computer, a display, keyboard and mouse. and the computer looks very good. 

yes you can build a computer that's better for that price. but it won't run macOS and it won't look as good. 

and not running macOS is a dealbreaker for most people who choose an iMac over a pc. 

She/Her

30 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

You can strap a node 202 to a monitor, and it'll be around the same.

No, not even close.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

No, not even close.

It'd be about as thick if you're comparing it to the 27" iMac, but then you have to add in excellent speakers, a webcam, mic, and an incredibly good 5K panel. For the 21.5", all that except slightly less good speakers and an incredible 4K panel. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

13 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

No, not even close.

No, it's not even a node202 behind a monitor won't cause the cpu to throttle, and you can actually open it to maintain and upgrade without breaking the display.

6 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

For anyone thinking that it’s fair to argue what you argue about value for apple products

Apple doesn't compare because they can't with their phones being an exception, and they already sell with the shiny aesthetics and marketing.

11 minutes ago, PrinceNorris said:

Is Apple in such a shame that they are going to release everything quietly from now?

Probably just a few things were overdue for release, I think they’ll still have traditional events for more important releases but spec updates why bother lol

21 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

and they already sell with the shiny aesthetics and marketing.

good looking devices is part of it, but most people ignore that Apple has their own OS's and ecosystem. and you wouldn't really understand if you've never used a Mac and an iPhone. 

because Apple's OS's are exclusive to them Apple products offer an experience that you can't get anywhere else, and IMO it's a great one. 

the ecosystem is also awesome. if my Mac asks me for a 2 factor code for icloud, i unlock my phone and it's there instantly. no need to open an authenticator app or anything. 

if i have a tab open in safari and then shut down my laptop, i can continue where i was. i just open safari op my phone and my tabs are right there. same the other way round. if i look up something on my phone i can just sit down at my Mac and continue where i was. 

if i go to the wifi menu on my Mac, my iPhone shows up as a selection for personal hotspot if it's nearby. i just have to select it and it connects. no need to enable persona hotspot, type in the password or anything. it's all automatic. 

for me these things are a big part of why i use Apple products. 

She/Her

40 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

No, not even close.

35 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It'd be about as thick if you're comparing it to the 27" iMac,

A Node 202 on the back of a monitor is a consistant 6"+, whereas the iMac is only that thick at the thickest point. It heavily tapers off. And it can because it doesn't waste space.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

A Node 202 on the back of a monitor is a consistant 6"+, whereas the iMac is only that thick at the thickest point. It heavily tapers off. And it can because it doesn't waste space.

Not just that though.

It's like calling two motorcycles strapped together a car. And if using fast motorcycles, then also a better and cheaper supercar.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

good looking devices is part of it, but most people ignore that Apple has their own OS's and ecosystem. and you wouldn't really understand if you've never used a Mac and an iPhone. 

because Apple's OS's are exclusive to them Apple products offer an experience that you can't get anywhere else, and IMO it's a great one. 

the ecosystem is also awesome. if my Mac asks me for a 2 factor code for icloud, i unlock my phone and it's there instantly. no need to open an authenticator app or anything. 

if i have a tab open in safari and then shut down my laptop, i can continue where i was. i just open safari op my phone and my tabs are right there. same the other way round. if i look up something on my phone i can just sit down at my Mac and continue where i was. 

if i go to the wifi menu on my Mac, my iPhone shows up as a selection for personal hotspot if it's nearby. i just have to select it and it connects. no need to enable persona hotspot, type in the password or anything. it's all automatic. 

for me these things are a big part of why i use Apple products. 

yeah personally, I don't see myself fully plunging into the Apple ecosystem. But I see why people love it.

Like, don't get me wrong. I obviously don't mind having more control over my stuff since I mean from 2014 to just a few weeks ago, I exclusively used Android. I got bored with Android. I've really liked my iPhone XR so far. (I have a Black iPhone XR in 128GB on AT&T. I upgraded from a Galaxy S8+ on Verizon)

Hopefully towards the end of the year I'll be able to buy some sorta mac, because personally being able to taste more of that wonderful integration that Apple offers that Google and Android just can't offer.

I like the idea of a Mac laptop but personally I feel like I'd get more value out of a Mac Mini for what I'm spending lol

I think for me the big thing is that if I need to fix something on my pc, I like to have something that is either less likely to have issues or just more straight forward.

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

you get an entire computer, a display, keyboard and mouse. and the computer looks very good. 

yes you can build a computer that's better for that price. but it won't run macOS and it won't look as good. 

and not running macOS is a dealbreaker for most people who choose an iMac over a pc. 

While you do get everything needed, I'd still choose a Mac Mini over an iMac. I would personally rather pick my own monitor, and use a mechanical keyboard.

It can run hackintosh but if it has to run Mac out of the box I get your point. I don't own an iPhone or iPad but I do see why people would like the integration with their other devices, and prefer it over Windows especially Windows 10.

2 hours ago, lloose said:

Not just any monitor. Apple uses some of the best displays you can buy. 

Apple uses the same panels from LG, and other companies like Dell uses in their Ultrasharp displays.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

While you do get everything needed, I'd still choose a Mac Mini over an iMac. I would personally rather pick my own monitor, and use a mechanical keyboard.

nothing is stopping you from using a mechanical keyboard with an iMac, but i get your point. 

She/Her

I don't understand why they put a 4k screen on a 21.5 inch monitor. 

41 minutes ago, suits said:

It's great for people doing work that requires looking at anything small for ages. The difference between a 4K/5K screen at their respective sizes vs 1080p is massive. I had the pleasure of using an iMac 5K for a good while and it's so much easier to see and read stuff on (I do a ton of spreadsheets every month, not the intended workload tho, lol), now Im back on 1080p and it's back to ouchie eyes. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

44 minutes ago, suits said:

It helps that Mac OS handles scaling really well.

Unlike the flaming dumpster fire thats Windows 10 scaling.

46 minutes ago, suits said:

Text readability and the potential usability of that resolution. macOS scales to higher resolutions incredibly well and you can do native scaling if a higher scale isn't to your liking without having to log off like in Windows.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, lloose said:

It helps that Mac OS handles scaling really well.

Unlike the flaming dumpster fire thats Windows 10 scaling.

OSX has average scaling, and Windows hasn't had issues scaling to or past 4K since Win 7. SP1 if we're being generous to your vastly outdated claim.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Text readability and the potential usability of that resolution. macOS scales to higher resolutions incredibly well and you can do native scaling if a higher scale isn't to your liking without having to log off like in Windows.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT WINDOWS 10 JUST ASSUMED MY MONITOR? 

giphy.gif 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, captain_to_fire said:

ARE YOU SAYING THAT WINDOWS 10 JUST ASSUMED MY MONITOR? 

giphy.gif 

I actually had a very bizarre issue with a specific game not liking me using my laptop on a TV at that TV's native resolution.

Had to set the resolution to 720p to even be able to play the game properly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

OSX has average scaling, and Windows hasn't had issues scaling to or past 4K since Win 7. SP1 if we're being generous to your vastly outdated claim.

I dont know what dimension you live in, even Linus has mentioned bad scaling in several of his videos. It started with Windows 8.