best way to get to lmg office for tour

PeachyUwUSenpai

I priced out a taxi to lmg from downtown Vancouver and it's 100 dollars. and Vancouver has. no uber I was wondering if any one knew the best method to get there

Quickest or Cheapest?

I guess start walking...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Quickest or Cheapest?

I guess start walking...

best as in both or just the options I've never been to Vancouver so not sure if I'm missing any methoda

Look at the public transit. From the airport it is a 2.5 hour bus ride for probably something like $10-$20. I went to the first LTX that was out in Langley and took the busses back and forth from the airport and it was fairly decent.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Depends what you want to pay.

The cheapest option, and of course longest, is to take public transit. If you get a day pass I think it's $10.

You can train to King George and take a cab, that'd be about $55 (one way), including tip and cost of the ticket for the Skytrain.

Your best bet is to either find other people going at the same time who are driving, or finding a bunch of people who are going at that time and hiring a van taxi and splitting the cost. If you fit 7 people in with you, it's only $35 each round trip.

Personally, I'd just take public transit. You do lose an hour each way time wise, but it's substantially cheaper. Just be prepared for the 25 minute walk from the bus ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, Justin_ said:

Look at the public transit. From the airport it is a 2.5 hour bus ride for probably something like $10-$20. I went to the first LTX that was out in Langley and took the busses back and forth from the airport and it was fairly decent.

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Depends what you want to pay.

The cheapest option, and of course longest, is to take public transit. If you get a day pass I think it's $10.

You can train to King George and take a cab, that'd be about $55 (one way), including tip and cost of the ticket for the Skytrain.

Your best bet is to either find other people going at the same time who are driving, or finding a bunch of people who are going at that time and hiring a van taxi and splitting the cost. If you fit 7 people in with you, it's only $35 each round trip.

Personally, I'd just take public transit. You do lose an hour each way time wise, but it's substantially cheaper. Just be prepared for the 25 minute walk from the bus ;)

public transit seems like the best bet thanks for you guys help.

4 hours ago, bejamartins said:

pointless Google link

obsvly I already did that but Google doesn't show all transportation just a small amount of them was trying to see if there were any methods not listed there or out of thoose ways which was better based on people who had been there..... 

Finding others doing the LMG tour may be a way to cut transport costs.

Renting a car should cost around $40 (including the gas cost) or less per day. If you find one other, then I'd say it's worth it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

I think when it gets closer we should start a thread with each of the times and if people want to ride share we can. Does Canada have party buses? Because that would be super fun!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

5 minutes ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

I think when it gets closer we should start a thread with each of the times and if people want to ride share we can. Does Canada have party buses? Because that would be super fun!

yeah I was also thinking of starting a thread for that as well. though transit seems pretty good as well

4 hours ago, Alaradia said:

obsvly I already did that but Google doesn't show all transportation just a small amount of them was trying to see if there were any methods not listed there or out of thoose ways which was better based on people who had been there..... 

My experience is that usually Google shows all public transportation in public dense areas.

1 hour ago, bejamartins said:

My experience is that usually Google shows all public transportation in public dense areas.

at least in toronto it doesn't it shows the main public transit but not tourist buses or any app based movement and its missing a lot of shortcuts and tricks 

On 3/6/2019 at 1:04 PM, PrincessHeinz57 said:

They do! Lol.

https://www.vancouverpartybus.com/

https://www.timelimo.com/

Every day I wish Uber was a thing here.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:26 PM, CPotter said:

They do! Lol.

https://www.vancouverpartybus.com/

https://www.timelimo.com/

Every day I wish Uber was a thing here.

A lot of the time it's honestly not much cheaper (and sometimes more expensive) than a taxi, just more convenient.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 3/11/2019 at 2:18 AM, dizmo said:

A lot of the time it's honestly not much cheaper (and sometimes more expensive) than a taxi, just more convenient.

its both cheaper and much more space because yes if you jam 4 people in a taxi would almost be the same price per person but it would suck

4 hours ago, Alaradia said:

its both cheaper and much more space because yes if you jam 4 people in a taxi would almost be the same price per person but it would suck

I was referring to Uber vs Taxi. As someone who uses both, the costs aren't that different. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

I was referring to Uber vs Taxi. As someone who uses both, the costs aren't that different. 

not sure where you are but where i live ive tested both and every time the taxi is twice the cost or 4x in the case of using uber pool or uber express pool. the cars also tend to be pretty tattered.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:32 AM, myselfolli said:

Also as per community standards, please don't just post google links, try to put into words what you're trying to tell OP

I tried to say nothing but to give an objective answer to the question. It's pointless to translate a Google Maps path by words when Google Maps gives you a map.

I've got a Suburban for the 10 days I'm over, staying up in North Vancouver, so will be passing through the city, happy to give people a lift.

@Perky1977 I was going to do the same thing maybe I can setup a Google doc. Was going to rent a car and drive people back and forth from the convention center to LTT office. Maybe charge a couple dollars to pay for a rental for the day and gas.

3 minutes ago, Fearlessleader said:

@Perky1977 I was going to do the same thing maybe I can setup a Google doc. Was going to rent a car and drive people back and forth from the convention center to LTT office. Maybe charge a couple dollars to pay for a rental for the day and gas.

Sounds like a good idea, where are you coming from?

2 minutes ago, Perky1977 said:

Sounds like a good idea, where are you coming from?

Coming form Huntington Beach, CA, USA

On 3/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, Perky1977 said:

I've got a Suburban for the 10 days I'm over, staying up in North Vancouver, so will be passing through the city, happy to give people a lift.

Oh god... the traffic...

The Lion's Gate is congested, to hell. You'll find 10-15km backups. The only other bridge, the Ironworkers, has lesser 3-4 km backups but you'll have to drive on a congested 2 lane-per-direction local street from Burnaby to Downtown...

Then, from VCC to LMG, you'll have to drive on that local street, bear the Burnaby Lake Section of Highway 1 - one of the most congested roads in Canada - and then realize you then have to drive 15km of local, 50kph streets, that are very congested, down to LMG offices...

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.