• Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Yep, Canada has racists. Canada is like any other country. Stereotypes don't represent what people will actually be like.

Canadians as a whole are generally very friendly and polite people but that does not mean every single Canadian is friendly and polite.

You will find good and bad people no matter where you go or who you talk to. 

What does worse than Americans mean? As in we have a particularly large amount of racists or our racists are far more extreme? 

Racists exist everywhere and they are generally in the minority in most civilized nations including the U.S. despite what the fake news media will try to tell you.

2 hours ago, slashqpbyte said:

an "adult" is not actually determined by age.

OI MATE OPEN UP

Ly94KkC.gif

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

4 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

What does worse than Americans mean? As in we have a particularly large amount of racists or our racists are far more extreme? 

It likely has to do with our "racist" president being in office.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Uh, yeah. Every country has racists. I don't know why this surprises you. You think everyone's going to be super awesome and nice?

Not only that, as immigration rises, so does racism, since it's an easy scapegoat for people who feel otherwise disenfranchised.

6 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Racists exist everywhere and they are generally in the minority in most civilized nations including the U.S. despite what the fake news media will try to tell you.

You have way, way more racists than Canada does. But that shouldn't be surprising. You have way more of everything, since you have 10x the population.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It likely has to do with our "racist" president being in office.

Part of me wants to go with the "well, he's old and when he grew up..." argument that you'd use for an elderly grandparents somewhat out-of-sync-with-today's views.

I know it's not a proper defense in the least, but it also doesn't make it any less true.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Trump has given the US a bad rep, mainly because he's practically called anyone who wants to migrate to the US from Mexico/Central America a drug trafficker, an illegal alien or that they are not welcome in the US. He also previously kept migrant kids seperated from their families. 

That's what makes people think the US is a racist country.

The fact that the country's own president wants to build a giant wall to keep out people trying to move to somewhere they can have a better life.

I'm not saying Americans are racist, not in the slightest. But when you guys have someone like that representing your country, the US was bound to get a bad rep.

Now, I'll leave the political stuff alone. I don't want this thread to get locked for going in the wrong direction.

Just now, dizmo said:

I know it's not a proper defense in the least, but it also doesn't make it any less true.

So far, it's all been out of context statements and him putting his foot in his mouth when talking.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

mainly because he's practically called anyone who dares migrate to the US from Mexico/Central America a drug trafficker and that they are not welcome in the US.

Just illegal immigrants.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

He also previously kept migrant kids seperated from their families. 

He's not the only president to do so, nor was the policy his. Pretty sure he signed an executive order to end it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Just illegal immigrants.

He's not the only president to do so, nor was the policy his. Pretty sure he signed an executive order to end it.

You're absolutely right. But when the country's presidents think like that it doesn't exactly make the US seem like a friendly country.. Just saying.

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Not only that, as immigration rises, so does racism, since it's an easy scapegoat for people who feel otherwise disenfranchised.

That's an oversimplification. Problems that arise from lack of assimilation often leads to a push against immigration of certain groups and that is often misconstrued as racism. Not that legitimate racists can't develop in response to these problems but again, I think you are oversimplifying it.

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

You have way, way more racists than Canada does. But that shouldn't be surprising. You have way more of everything, since you have 10x the population.

But on a percentage basis, I doubt it is out of line with most other developed nations.

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Part of me wants to go with the "well, he's old and when he grew up..." argument that you'd use for an elderly grandparents somewhat out-of-sync-with-today's views.

That might be a rational defense if he was actually racist.

3 hours ago, 1kv said:

Trump has given the US a bad rep, mainly because he's practically called anyone who dares migrate to the US from Mexico/Central America a drug trafficker and that they are not welcome in the US.

He was specifically referring to illegal immigrants. When he said that Mexico doesn't sends us their best but sends us their murderers, rapists, and drug traffickers, he was directly addressing illegal immigration. IIRC, it was within that same speech that he said he welcomes immigrants to our country, provided they immigrate so legally.

3 hours ago, 1kv said:

Trump has given the US a bad rep

No, the fake news media misconstruing everything that comes out of his mouth has given the US a bad rep.

3 hours ago, 1kv said:

He also previously kept migrant kids seperated from their families. 

So did Obama.

Is it ideal? No. But let's be real, they are being separated as a result of them breaking our immigration laws. Maybe they should have thought of that first.

3 hours ago, 1kv said:

I'm not saying Americans are racist, not in the slightest.

As a whole we aren't but we definitely do have some pretty racist people here but racists exist everywhere. Due to the high degree of flexibility granted to us by our right to freedom of speech, it can just be a bit more pronounced. You can say pretty much whatever you want here without getting arrested or fined. But if you are a racist and voice your views, you can bet people will call you out for it and look down on you. It is quite frowned upon, as it should be. 

5 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

That's an oversimplification. Problems that arise from lack of assimilation often leads to a push against immigration of certain groups and that is often misconstrued as racism. Not that legitimate racists can't develop in response to these problems but again, I think you are oversimplifying it.

But on a percentage basis, I doubt it is out of line with most other developed nations.

That might be a rational defense if he was actually racist.

Not really. Immigrants come in, take jobs, get houses, etc and said people see that as a detriment to themselves. Not because they can't do the same, but because they're too lazy and won't go out and accomplish what said immigrants did. It's not oversimplification, it's facts, as I know lots of people that hold that opinion.

I didn't mention anything about a percentage basis, did I?

It's more about being "PC". Which can quite often be taken as racism.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, Emanbaird said:

i have a buddy whos French Canadian, literally hates his entire country 

Let me guess, pro-U.S. right-winger?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, 1kv said:

Trump has given the US a bad rep, mainly because he's practically called anyone who wants to migrate to the US from Mexico/Central America a drug trafficker, an illegal alien or that they are not welcome in the US. He also previously kept migrant kids seperated from their families. 

That's what makes people think the US is a racist country.

The fact that the country's own president wants to build a giant wall to keep out people trying to move to somewhere they can have a better life.

I'm not saying Americans are racist, not in the slightest. But when you guys have someone like that representing your country, the US was bound to get a bad rep.

Now, I'll leave the political stuff alone. I don't want this thread to get locked for going in the wrong direction.

Because why should a country be able to control who comes in, and maybe have a vetting process that stops criminals and malcontents from entering your country and making life for your citizens objectively worse.

We need borders, and we need to be able to control who and what comes in to our country. This is just a silly argument.

Back on topic. Racists exist everywhere, but even more prevalent is people who aren't really racist, but can voice any kind of language they want online because there is no repercussions. People online become toxic not because they are actually toxic irl, but because it allows them to vent under anonymity ideas and expressions they normally can't use in daily life. I mean, have you tried calling someone something truly horrible online? There's something deeply liberating about it, and thats why most people do. It also provokes a reaction, which is exactly what these people want. There are toxic people online, for the same reason there are race baiters online, and people who call everyone racist and sexist. It makes them feel better for a little while about themselves.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

aweful people are everywhere, what matter is the concentration.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 3/3/2019 at 10:57 PM, nick name said:

Did anyone else know that Canada has some super racist people?  Someone in-game said they were transplants, but goodness these folks were worse than Americans.   

You probably shouldn't make blanket statements about the third most populous country in the world, chances are astronomically high that the statement is generally wrong.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

7 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

You probably shouldn't make blanket statements about the third most populous country in the world, chances are astronomically high that the statement is generally wrong.

I should have "some Americans".  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

On 3/3/2019 at 9:57 PM, nick name said:

I was playing a comp in CS:GO and found that Canada has some really racist people.  I never knew.  Did anyone else know that Canada has some super racist people?  Someone in-game said they were transplants, but goodness these folks were worse than Americans.  

Yep! Typically, the most racist people (in Canada) are small-town-rig-pig-conservatives and folks from other countries. 

On 3/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, nick name said:

I was playing a comp in CS:GO and found that Canada has some really racist people.  

Yes every COuntry has racist people.

ANd Racism is sometimes based on experience.

And the R-Word is thrown around so much that it lost its value...

So what, just ignore it, move on.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

17 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes every COuntry has racist people.

ANd Racism is sometimes based on experience.

And the R-Word is thrown around so much that it lost its value...

So what, just ignore it, move on.

Are you always in a bad mood?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, nick name said:

Are you always in a bad mood?  

I'm German.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I'm German.

Noted.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, nick name said:

I was playing a comp in CS:GO

There's your bloody problem. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580