Schools doing field trips to the...... Apple Store?!

GoodBytes
20 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It did matter when I was for, at 4 I learned what cow brains looked like, watched a pig get electrocuted, and a cow get shot with the air gun, then processed all the way from cow to meat hook. 

Leaves an impression that I think should have waited until 8-10

already said earlier appropriate age should be considered in early posts

advertising and sponsorships are inevitable so why not enhance it?

as long as its not harming them?

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

I have witnessed many younger kids leave or bounce around it

eco systems is non issue now days with all the music apps and how easily everything can be loaded to any phone same with apps

for next 3 posts

education is ridiculously high in price

and teachers arent paid even close to their worth

so you want kids to be locked down in a classroom

or subject to a little advertising with the freedom of learning how the fucking real world works but any fucking video now days has advertisement

yet it be a tech/sales/owner

apple store actually shows alot of success no matter you dont like it

please tell me how a this sponsored trip is really all that bad because what an iphone? or ipad? really dont we all fucking have one any ways so whats the difference

You don't have kids, clearly.

Education isn't high priced.  It is subsidized by our Taxes here in the US.  If you are saying that a For Profit school is, etc - that's called CHOICE.  I don't care if you want to pay for that, that's not State Sponsored.

When the State mingles with Corporations, the Citizens interests are not at the front.  The Corporations are.  If you are naïve to how the world works I cannot help you there.

I would literally fight someone over this.  Because Im a Patriot and would not stand (for what I can control) for this sort of collusion.  History is doomed to repeat itself with Governments and Money controlling our lives if we allow things like this, that we see, to occur.  They cant forget we are here watching.  Maybe not you, but real patriots are.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

12 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

You don't have kids, clearly.

Education isn't high priced.  It is subsidized by our Taxes here in the US.  If you are saying that a For Profit school is, etc - that's called CHOICE.  I don't care if you want to pay for that, that's not State Sponsored.

When the State mingles with Corporations, the Citizens interests are not at the front.  The Corporations are.  If you are naïve to how the world works I cannot help you there.

I would literally fight someone over this.  Because Im a Patriot and would not stand (for what I can control) for this sort of collusion.  History is doomed to repeat itself with Governments and Money controlling our lives if we allow things like this, that we see, to occur.  They cant forget we are here watching.  Maybe not you, but real patriots are.

clearly I have 2 kids

and like I said advertising and sponsorships are inevitable so why not enhance it as long as its not harmful to the children

and field trips to a fucking store is beneficiary no matter the store as long as its long running and shows how to be part of this system

51 minutes ago, pas008 said:

already said earlier appropriate age should be considered in early posts

advertising and sponsorships is inevitable so why not enhance it?

as long as its not harming them?

enhance it? At that age they should be taught what ads are- and that they are not just commercials but come in all forms, including your teachers possibly taking money to take you to the apple store, and why you don't simply trust them. 

Of course I come from the context that really the only way that kids were bombarded with ads when I was young was tv, now it' sin every part of your life. 

At that age, you're curious, you think all adults are an authority figure, and you also get an impression of the first thing you see. 

In the case I mentioned, I knew the fire trucks were red because an adult said so, and the sky was blue because "I dunno stop asking questions". In preschool they went from teaching colors, letters, and the like to "the cow goes moo and also here's how we murder cows to make the food you eat". At that age, I didn't understand that if I didn't like something to look away. I absorbed every bit of that, and I didn't understand that seeing cow organs is what was making me feel sick. I couldn't peel my eyes from the process. I didn't understand until I was older that I was squeamish. I looked and took their word for it because I was told to. Some kids loved it (a lot grew up with livestock unlike me) and other kids didn't like it. I was told I would like it and it was important and I was in school, so I watched all of it.

Just a few years alter I would understand to not watch stuff that makes me uncomfortable. I think ads are a lot like that. At a certain age you both don't know how to filter them out and you don't understand that the same people that are teaching you and are your authority figures can also be bought out to advertise to you. You will absorb this information in the same way as the other stuff- your multiplication tables and "buy Apple" were taught to you by the same person. That thing we do where ads make no more impression on us than the paint on the wall is not yet how it works for kids. 

When I first saw the gameboy I wanted one- not becuase I saw other electronic things and picked that but because my rich cousin had one and it was one of the first impressions I had of video games, and eventually the same with the playstation. I never wanted a gameboy because I liked games, I liked all electronics that were presented to me and I didn't have them. They were shiny, they lit up, and did things. What or how didn't matter. I wanted things because I was curious not because I actually wanted them. 

Sure 10-11 is a bit older, but it's still an impressionable age and not far from the age that you trusted everything an adult said because they were an authority figure. At that age, they should be learning about advertising and how to cope with the amount of ads they are being bombarded with, not making sure they get their Apple™ experience first- of course I don't know the real context for the trip, but it doesn't seem like a positive thing to me based on what we know from this. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

17 minutes ago, pas008 said:

clearly I have 2 kids

and like I said advertising and sponsorships are inevitable so why not enhance it as long as its not harmful to the children

and field trips to a fucking store is beneficiary no matter the store as long as its long running

In Quebec, where the story is held, schools, public and private (private is still subsidized by the Quebec government for residence living in the province) are properly funded. Many of the school listed that did this field trip are also private schools. So money is really not the issue. In fact, this applies to Canada as a whole for the great majority of them.

Canada doesn't have the same issues as does the US for schools. Things are pretty different in the education side of things as well between the 2 countries.

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

In Quebec, where the story is held, schools, public and private (private is still subsidized by the Quebec government for residence living in the province) are properly funded. Many of the school listed that did this field trip are also private schools. So money is really not the issue. In fact, this applies to Canada as a whole for the great majority of them.

come to the us and tell me why the worlds most powerful nation economy wise is suffering in education like 15th in rankings or something like that

funding plain and simple

teachers arent paid enough or even close

parents think teachers should teach every damn thing but at same time cant discipline them too lol

schools cant afford shit

a child going to see how a business is ran isnt going to hurt no matter who pays for it

11 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

enhance it? At that age they should be taught what ads are, and why you don't simply trust them. 

Of course I come from the context that really the only way that kids were bombarded with ads when I was young was tv, now it' sin every part of your life. 

At that age, you're curious, you think all adults are an authority figure, and you also get an impression of the first thing you see. 

In the case I mentioned, I knew the fire trucks were red because an adult said so, and the sky was blue because "I dunno stop asking questions". In preschool they went from teaching colors, letters, and the like to "the cow goes moo and also here's how we murder cows to make the food you eat". At that age, I didn't understand that if I didn't like something to look away. I absorbed every bit of that, and I didn't understand that seeing cow organs is what was making me feel sick. I couldn't peel my eyes from the process. I didn't understand until I was older that I was squeamish. I looked and took their word for it because I was told to. Some kids loved it (a lot grew up with livestock unlike me) and other kids didn't like it. I was told I would like it and it was important, so I watched all of it.

Just a few years alter I would understand to not watch stuff that makes me uncomfortable. I think ads are a lot like that. At a certain age you both don't know how to filter them out and you don't understand that the same people that are teaching you and are your authority figures can also be bought out to advertise to you. You will absorb this information in the same way as the other stuff- your multiplication tables and "buy Apple" were taught to you by the same person. That thing we do where ads make no more impression on us than the paint on the wall is not yet how it works for kids. 

When I first saw the gameboy I wanted one- not becuase I saw other electronic things and picked that but because my rich cousin had one and it was one of the first impressions I had of video games, and eventually the same with the playstation. I never wanted a gameboy because I liked games, I liked all electronics that were presented to me and I didn't have them. They were shiny, they lit up, and did things. What or how didn't matter. 

Sure 11 is a bit older, but it's still an impressionable age and not far from the age that you trusted everything an adult said because they were an authority figure. At that age, they should be learning about advertising and how to cope with the amount of ads they are being bombarded with, not making sure they get their Apple™ experience first. 

oh educate them right

lol so enhance it as long as its not harming them

and children will always be impressionable

but there is a thing called parenting and simply saying NO

lol

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

oh educate them right

lol so enhance it as long as its not harming them

and children will always be impressionable

but there is a thing called parenting and simply saying NO

lol

what do you mean by enhance? Serve them integrated ads like this? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

doesnt matter butcher or not

running a store is still running a store

being part of a system is still being part of a system

wow, you thing educating and keeping interest in kids is easy?

please inform me of how to educate and interest my kids while keeping costs down? along with hopefully giving teachers more?

please write this up for me I will go to my pta meetings and city council meetings and talk with my political friends of why this can be done please inform me

alittle sponsorship and advertising will not hurt as long as its legally safe to the target audience

lol ltt has sponsor every video even a couple

it fucking pays costs to make things better

I don't think it is easy to keep people engaged but I also don't think going to an apple store for a field trip is a proper solution. The two examples I gave that are far better than a field trip to an apple store were both super engaging and its was quite fun. I know me any my friends enjoyed it especially the competition of it. You have such a defeatist attitude. You say that the education system is hopeless so our only option is to go on field trips to apple stores. I believe in the education system and I have seen plenty of fun and engaging ideas that teachers use to get kids engaged that don't involve trying to brain wash children to buy a companies product. 

8 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

what do you mean by enhance? Serve them integrated ads like this? 

if apple/google/ms/amazon/walmart/etc want to pay for a trip or put an advertisement up

then they should be able to but when and what  how much they pay should be brought up at something like my kids pta/or sometype of meetings

where voices and concerns can be brought up

it can supply schools with extra funding/supplies/staff/etc

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

come to the us and tell me why the worlds most powerful nation economy wise is suffering in education like 15th in rankings or something like that

funding plain and simple

teachers arent paid enough or even close

parents think teachers should teach every damn thing but at same time cant discipline them too lol

schools cant afford shit

a child going to see how a business is ran isnt going to hurt no matter who pays for it

I can't, because we are culturally different, Canada and US has big ideas that are fundamentally different between both countries.

Solution that one can propose would never be approved.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

I don't think it is easy to keep people engaged but I also don't think going to an apple store for a field trip is a proper solution. The two examples I gave that are far better than a field trip to an apple store were both super engaging and its was quite fun. I know me any my friends enjoyed it especially the competition of it. You have such a defeatist attitude. You say that the education system is hopeless so our only option is to go on field trips to apple stores. I believe in the education system and I have seen plenty of fun and engaging ideas that teachers use to get kids engaged that don't involve trying to brain wash children to buy a companies product. 

lol yes there are many different things that can be done

but those are just as impressionable as the rest

you might be interested in those things but others might be interested in being a entrepreneur/management/etc

2 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

"Brainwashing should be allowed cause schools don't have enough money".  Nice.

lol brainwashing

so tv youtube hulu sling billboard netflix ads are brainwashing? wait forgot ads on webpages too

get real please

13 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol brainwashing

so tv youtube hulu sling billboard netflix ads are brainwashing? wait forgot ads on webpages too

get real please

you are telling us that ads given by their teacher and authority figure, which the kids have no idea is an ad, at a place where you're required to leave your kid everyday, is perfectly ok because it's just like the things your kids knows are ads on things they're probably aren't allowed free reign with at home anyway because unlike the school situation you can make that choice. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

I actually think from a life skills perspective going on a field trip to a grocery store with practical assignments like "find all the ingredients for cheese souffle for the best price" would be amazing.

Apple Store... not so much...

Can't really talk about Canadian schools, but in Finnish schools that is actually part of housekeeping classes (which were awesome because they were mostly cooking and eating) in junior high school, but there they aren't field trips, they are tasks like the teacher gives some money and list of ingrendients that must be bought with that money and if you are able to get them cheaper you are free to use the remaining money for a dessert.

Only somehow closely good reason to do a field trip to computer store (just any) would be that the school doesn't have PCs to teach kids basic PC usage. But then again, at least in FInland, schools co-operate with each other in these kind of things, for example Turku University and university of applied sciences have a building completely devoted for IT education and they lend computer calssrooms for other schools closeby so they don't need to build their own computer classrooms (teacher also is included, sometimes for elementary schoolers or others who are for seom basic education there might just be some IT student who is interested in teaching, but usually it's one of the uni teachers). There are field trips for like a art clases may take a field trip to some studio to learn about how studios work, but you don't take them to Apple Store to learn about Final Cut Pro, I would even doubt that Apple Stores would have something like 20-40 MacBooks just laying around waiting for elementary schoolers to learn about FCP or coding, not to even talk about staff who would be qualified to teach them more than they can teach a potential buyer.

OK, so…while working at Apple in the US… (though I no longer do, and can't speak to the French article in the OP)...

Schools CAME TO US asking if they could make a day trip out of learning to do video editing, or photography with a guest presenter that was coming in or the Creative on staff, and for programming with Day/Week of code.  While Apple certainly ran those classes and presentations on Apple hardware, it isn't done as advertising.  Kids just tend to already want Apple stuff, and learning more on Apple products reinforces that "I can do this cool thing with this item".

Why would Apple remove the ability of a school to do provide an education from experts that they don't have in the school, on hardware they often can't afford to have multiples of in the school, when the school is asking for it and it is actually HELPING the kids?

It is time to stop painting either the school or Apple as the bad guy.  If a kid asks for an F1 car you don't give it to them because it doesn't make sense and you probably can't afford it.  If a kid asks to never eat anything but candy because they like it, you don't say "sure", though you may say they can have some after they finish their meal.  So why should technology be any different?  Parents need to weigh the pros and cons and make a decision and be a parent to their kids about it.

Parenting isn't a participation trophy, it is continual decisions made to what you feel is the best interest of your child.  If you can't stick up for the better decision you made…kinda your own personal problem, and you're making your kids' lives worse if you can't stand up to them when you feel it is needed.

4 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

you are telling us that ads given by their teacher and authority figure, which the kids have no idea is an ad, at a place where you're required to leave your kid everyday, is perfectly ok because it's just like the things your kids knows are ads on things they're probably aren't allowed free reign with at home anyway because unlike the school situation you can make that choice. 

21 minutes ago, pas008 said:

if apple/google/ms/amazon/walmart/etc want to pay for a trip or put an advertisement up

then they should be able to but when and what  how much they pay should be brought up at something like my kids pta/or sometype of meetings

where voices and concerns can be brought up

it can supply schools with extra funding/supplies/staff/etc

read this again

funny you guys think kids are dumb and cant tell the difference between an ad/commerical/etc but my 4yr old daughter can

even on the highway with the biased billboards that someone else paid money for

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Considering that schools often use slide decks and information provided by Sony, Samsung, Philips, Google, and others for various electronics classes, video classes, and environmental teaching…yeah, it is pretty much just like that.

Would you rather the school teach about climate issues, video editing, photography, and energy saving?

Or would you rather they not accept help from industry folks that provide lesson plans and funding to do that, so they aren't taught it?

17 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol yes there are many different things that can be done

but those are just as impressionable as the rest

you might be interested in those things but others might be interested in being a entrepreneur/management/etc

Teaching physics and design in an engaging way is not the same as brain washing children. The subjects are going to be taught regardless so your idea that making it engaging instead of boring is obviously a good thing. You are really grabbing at straws here. Also this wasn't the only subject that they did this sort of thing for. There were other subjects where they did activities that helped people be engaged. I have no idea how you would think bringing children to an apple store would be beneficial at all. 

1 minute ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

I am very real , your arguments are beyond pathetic to compare something seen on a screen that some watch some dont, to going to the shiny store with the products and people explaining to you how good they and how they make your life better. Direct brainwashing is obviously more potent otherwise they will not be doing this sort of thing "real" guy, if the adds were enough why are they bringing them to the store ?? Cause apple obviously is not run by people who know exactly how to make you think you need that overpriced piece of shiny mediocrity.

lol talk about brainwashed

i'm not an apple fan but apple takes security and privacy to a whole nother lvl

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Teaching physics and design in an engaging way is not the same as brain washing children. The subjects are going to be taught regardless so your idea that making it engaging instead of boring is obviously a good thing. You are really grabbing at straws here. Also this wasn't the only subject that they did this sort of thing for. There were other subjects where they did activities that helped people be engaged. I have no idea how you would think bringing children to an apple store would be beneficial at all. 

all say it again

funny you guys think kids are dumb and cant tell the difference between an ad/commerical/etc but my 4yr old daughter can

an ad is not brainwashing

so hulu is brainwashing my children and I  with same fucking ad every 15 mins? I really need a peloton

teaching your kids the difference is inevitable

wow

I'm not an Apple fan but .... SECURITY he yells that buzz word with a tomato red face, with the exception that apple has bent over every big government that has told them to give them access or fuck off their market. Keep believing your bullshit.

no you are brainwashed obviously apple is huge company and people buy their stuff

and you are so hard up on who what where about them you dont have a clue

trips and ads arent brainwashing

simple as that

ill say it again for  you

an ad is not brainwashing

so hulu is brainwashing my children and I  with same fucking ad every 15 mins? I really need a peloton

teaching your kids the difference is inevitable

wow

wait I better not let my kids watch Linus videos his advertisements might brainwash my kids

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

all say it again

Even if you know something is an advertisement that doesn't nullify its influence. Also a billboard and a field trip are two very different thing. A billboard is exclusively used for advertising while a field trip is expected not to be one. If you think showing children shiny technology isn't going to have an effect on then you are kidding yourself. The article has already demonstrated this based on the stories of children trying to convince their parents to buy apple products after going on the trip. Again you're grabbing at straws here. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Even if you know something is an advertisement that doesn't nullify its influence. Also a billboard and a field trip are two very different thing. A billboard is exclusively used for advertising while a field trip is expected not to be one. If you think showing children shiny technology isn't going to have an effect on then you are kidding yourself. The article has already demonstrated this based on the stories of children trying to convince their parents to buy apple products after going on the trip. Again you're grabbing at straws here. 

my daughter asks me for pinkie pie shit after watching a commerical or mcdonalds after seeing a commerical

simply parent your child lol

You cant even write  normal sentences, literally using "no u" as an argument, repeating the same beyond weak comparisons.

who writes

sentences

like he's sending too

many

messages on

some

app on a forum

This is not a personal attack but if you are going to argue at least show the effort to write readable not this incoherent mess .

9wFfhFO.jpg