Schools doing field trips to the...... Apple Store?!

GoodBytes
5 hours ago, pas008 said:

yeah I argued about it then tried to get my buddy to let it go cause he worked at that school but he needs to have the fee

I know

but for 3d modelling in autocad should work

hence me saying it already exists to a point   in previous post

They can't teach a class on how to use every single 3d modeling program known to man. That would be simply impossible so I don't see how you expect them to a different program. Most classes use specific tools to specific programs so it isn't as simple as substituting one with the other. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

They can't teach a class on how to use every single 3d modeling program known to man. That would be simply impossible so I don't see how you expect them to a different program. Most classes use specific tools to specific programs so it isn't as simple as substituting one with the other. 

Ofc So it exists to a point 

Love em or hate em. Definitely hate em, but you have to give it to apple they sure know how to peddle product.  And seriously these schools can't come up with anything better to do? Ugh the world we live in is getting so dumb. 

20 hours ago, Tristerin said:

I cant talk to people who cant think for themselves.  Good day.

lol 99% of people work that is the system, you work one way or another to get money

if you want to over generalize it thats your problem

fyi my whole point is that everyone can think for themselves even children

enhancing the ad system for schools would be help pay for the costs like I have said numerous times

12 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol 99% of people work that is the system, you work one way or another to get money

if you want to over generalize it thats your problem

fyi my whole point is that everyone can think for themselves even children

enhancing the ad system for schools would be help pay for the costs like I have said numerous times

Stand up, take a good look around every face you see.  Do you really think still that people can think for themselves?  If so than you are probably just like "them".  The vast majority of Human beings cant even handle having more than 2 options because they cant think for themselves. 

I don't fall in that category so perhaps that's where the delta I see, and you don't, lives. 

Im not trying to be offensive to you, but the way you are typing indicates to me that you are one of those who enjoy the system because you require it to survive.

The problem, since we are giving our opinions, is that Children are the most easily influenced (because you don't know, what you don't know, what you didn't know).  If you want your Children to enjoy a trip to the Apple store, all the power to you.

Not on my dime however.

And if Apple pays for it, this is a State run organization (public school)- I will be at the school board meetings, and if it continued, my kids and I would be at the State Capital the very day of the trip doing some real education.  Like what power you have as a Citizen, how to wield that power.  How to ensure your mandated at gunpoint for fear of being put in a cage taxes, are being used properly.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

Stand up, take a good look around every face you see.  Do you really think still that people can think for themselves?  If so than you are probably just like "them".  The vast majority of Human beings cant even handle having more than 2 options because they cant think for themselves. 

I don't fall in that category so perhaps that's where the delta I see, and you don't, lives. 

Im not trying to be offensive to you, but the way you are typing indicates to me that you are one of those who enjoy the system because you require it to survive.

The problem, since we are giving our opinions, is that Children are the most easily influenced (because you don't know, what you don't know, what you didn't know).  If you want your Children to enjoy a trip to the Apple store, all the power to you.

Not on my dime however.

thats the thing if its not on your dime

and  you generalize system again

you have a job? or have employees? or spend your time investing? that is work

and its part of the system, money doesnt just appear for anyone maybe except the 1%

I'm not offended at all, i'm just saying if they wanted to cover costs for my kids schools with advertisements or sponsored shit which already exist to a point then why not just let the pta/etc figure out what how where etc part to generate more money

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

thats the thing if its not on your dime

and  you generalize system again

you have a job? or have employees? or spend your time investing? that is work

and its part of the system, money doesnt just appear for anyone maybe except the 1%

I'm not offended at all, i'm just saying if they wanted to cover costs for my kids schools with advertisements or sponsored shit which already exist to a point then why not just let the pta/etc figure out what how where etc part to generate more money

I do not generalize the "system" I speak about Governments. 

I have a full time corporate job, and own 3 business' - work is not the system.  The system is the Government.  Corporations influence the system (Government).

Now we can talk about Donations (your last paragraph) - Apple can donate money to the schools all it once (it will only do this to save on taxes at the end of the year) and the school board can decide what to do with that money (no strings attached) - however a trip to Apple Store is unacceptable in my book for a school to focus on.  And I would do the same with my day of protest with my kids at the capital.  A trip to Grants Farm?  A trip to the STL Zoo?  A trip to The Science Center? The STL Art Musem? (all Missouri education attractions) Then yes, I can see how that would educate my children.  I can choose to take them to a "store".  There is much better education to be found there - and if we don't agree on that then we can probably agree that it would be better for the funds to purchase new tech for the schools to actually have the kids USE them - not visit one day to get Branding forced down their throat (heck they can even buy all Apple products for the school that's not the same thing)

However I completely disagree with "generating money" - my taxes are for that.  Teachers should focus on education.  We should focus on bad spending by Governments so that schools can focus on education, not making money.  I gladly pay my taxes for a few things and loathe the rest.  Police, Military, Local Government, and Public Schools.  Everything else should be an opt in (but the Government doesn't allow that - see also, system)  Anyhow topic for another day. 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I do not generalize the "system" I speak about Governments. 

I have a full time corporate job, and own 3 business' - work is not the system.  The system is the Government.  Corporations influence the system (Government).

Now we can talk about Donations (your last paragraph) - Apple can donate money to the schools all it once (it will only do this to save on taxes at the end of the year) and the school board can decide what to do with that money (no strings attached) - however a trip to Apple Store is unacceptable in my book for a school to focus on.  And I would do the same with my day of protest with my kids at the capital.  A trip to Grants Farm?  A trip to the STL Zoo?  A trip to The Science Center? The STL Art Musem? (all Missouri education attractions) Then yes, I can see how that would educate my children.  I can choose to take them to a "store".  There is much better education to be found there - and if we don't agree on that then we can probably agree that it would be better for the funds to purchase new tech for the schools to actually have the kids USE them - not visit one day to get Branding forced down their throat (heck they can even buy all Apple products for the school that's not the same thing)

However I completely disagree with "generating money" - my taxes are for that.  Teachers should focus on education.  We should focus on bad spending by Governments so that schools can focus on education, not making money.  I gladly pay my taxes for a few things and loathe the rest.  Police, Military, Local Government, and Public Schools.  Everything else should be an opt in (but the Government doesn't allow that - see also, system)  Anyhow topic for another day. 

work system has been around since forever, work to get paid, that is a system

I dont know about your area but schools  do not get enough funding and teachers are very underpaid having supplemental income  would be nice fit and like I said pta/school board/etc would lay out the ground work of the what how where etc

seeing businesses ran is still seeing it, be it walmart,apple,etc

many kids dont even get to step foot in certain stores because they lack the opportunities, and opportunity is a learning experience

Ah, the public education system.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

@pas008 just have to agree to completely disagree with you on this.  I already know this is the United Corporations of America, Id fight someone physically over this so no point in us continuing.  You may not understand my passion for this, but its just not for you to understand.

2 hours ago, Tristerin said:

@pas008 just have to agree to completely disagree with you on this.  I already know this is the United Corporations of America, Id fight someone physically over this so no point in us continuing.  You may not understand my passion for this, but its just not for you to understand.

ok agree to disagree

but fyi its all over school sports already from the fields to player equipment

There's nothing wrong with it. Students can learn a thing or two from Apple.

For example:

Samsung's garbage

Apple is good

The Facetime Bug was a hoax from people like Samsung who don't like us just because of our notch (which is a piece of art)

Good ethics there.

Won’t visit often..

50 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

For example:

Samsung's garbage

Apple is good

That is an opinion, and one the schools shouldn't be teaching students.

The Facetime Bug was a hoax from people like Samsung who don't like us just because of our notch (which is a piece of art)

LOL, what?

Good ethics there. 

This is terrible ethics, it is just pushing parents to buy Apple products and students don't learn anything by going to an Apple store.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

LOL, what?

This is terrible ethics, it is just teaching them to buy Apple and students don't learn anything by going to an Apple store.

He's joking.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

33 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:
1 hour ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

For example:

Samsung's garbage

Apple is good

LOL, what?

Good ethics there. 

This is terrible ethics, it is just pushing parents to buy Apple products and students don't learn anything by going to an Apple store.

33 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

He's joking.

like...........yeah

Won’t visit often..

1 minute ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

@Drak3 gets it.

Yeah sorry, after seeing the comments of people thinking this is a good idea I took your quote too seriously. But I don't blame Apple so much as I would the schools for actually taking trips to an Apple store.

If people think that product placement and corporate indoctrination in public schools is a new thing, they are beyond ignorant.  

Do you think Microsoft donates over a billion dollars worth of hardware and software every year to schools because they are nice?

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

going to start a rant so if you dont like swearing DONT read so be prepared

Spoiler

What do i think of this? What kind of company thinks this shit is ok not only they are taking money from the Fucking school limited funds wich could go go into well i dont know MORE FUCKING stuff that could help kids out learn very inportend stuff in the real world

but what fucking teacher thinks its ok for this shit  to be a school trip? 

so what do i think?that apple needs to be called out on there shitty tactics and every teacher or upper up who approved of it should be fired. 

4 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

If people think that product placement and corporate indoctrination in public schools is a new thing, they are beyond ignorant.  

Do you think Microsoft donates over a billion dollars worth of hardware and software every year to schools because they are nice?

I think it's more of a matter of how it's being done, not that it's happening. The field trip had no net benefit. These corporations donating machines and software does.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

all of our schools in our state  has to pay for everything not given stuff from microsoft,exept apple which give  ipads and imac pros not alot but some

Just now, Drak3 said:

I think it's more of a matter of how it's being done, not that it's happening. The field trip had no net benefit. These corporations donating machines and software does.

They are learning what a successful business that emphasizes customer service looks like. 

There is almost no benefit for many "fun" field trips.  People don't think when schools go on field trips to movie theaters, amusement parks, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc. kids don't come home wanting their parents to take them back?

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

6 minutes ago, nnfancois said:

all of our schools in our state  has to pay for everything not given stuff from microsoft,exept apple which give  ipads and imac pros not alot but some

Look up Microsoft's TEALS program in Milwaukee. 

2 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

There is almost no benefit for many "fun" field trips.  People don't think when schools go on field trips to movie theaters, amusement parks, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc. kids don't come home wanting their parents to take them back

Unless something has changed in the past 4 years, or Idaho is not the norm, the 'fun' field trips are send offs at the end of the year, a celebration for a job well done.

3 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

They are learning what a successful business that emphasizes customer service looks like.

Highly unlikely, and the minimal knowledge that could be gained from this isn't really important either.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Unless something has changed in the past 4 years, or Idaho is not the norm, the 'fun' field trips are send offs at the end of the year, a celebration for a job well done.

Why is it any different becasue it is at the end of the year?...and do you think that every student that goes deserves a celebrations for a job well done?