RTX in a Laptop?!?

nicklmg

The thread titles are at their best when I can't tell an LTT official post from a random user post.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the video title. Maybe include the laptop name?

"Next gen laptop - MSI GS75"

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Meh, not impressed! Too thin, throttles immediately, flimsy, (still) absolutely shitty webcam, doesn't really offer any real benefit over any other laptop.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Does this MSI have Coolerboost, which is a mode that turns the fans to 100% RPM? If so, was testing done to see if that improved clock speeds? I'd hope the max-Q laptops would have a mode to make the fans nice and loud, like their previous laptops, but perhaps nVidia convinced them not to. Then perhaps a hack could do it easily. Modify a register's value or something.

2.8GHZ on the CPU isn't bad. But I don't see how a '9th gen' 8 core laptop chip would be beneficial. Come on Intel, get to 10nm with an AMD Navi or nVidia 3xxx 10nm-esque GPU should be great. Gigabyte Aero with the unlocked 6 core CPU (8th gen i9-8950HK)... probably throttles similarly to this MSI so what's the benefit.

Those skinny little things are not interesting to me. Waiting for the ROG Mothership and Alienware Area 51m review :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I also like Linus's sponsor spots. Entertaining.

I was really hoping the new GS series would up their build quality, as I like how professional they look without being stupid flashy. Ah well. 

The real burning question for me is, what is that clock in this video on the desk?

6 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

I actually quite enjoy the sponsor spots 

The best sponsor spots I've heard are the ones Giant Bomb do on their weekly podcast. They actually end up being longer than they have to be, because they ad lib and ramble. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷