U like rap?

Preferably Anonymous

Nah sorry, I don't like rap at all. Can't see how anyone can enjoy it, then again, I dislike most modern music as there's no flavour or taste nowadays, it's just all the same. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

My go-tos include: Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Prof, ANTIX, SonReal, Watsky, Styles of Beyond, Jedi Mind Tricks, Common Market, Sage Francis... 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Nah sorry, I don't like rap at all. Can't see how anyone can enjoy it, then again, I dislike most modern music as there's no flavour or taste nowadays, it's just all the same. 

It's all g man. Everyone likes their own kind of music. Honestly I agree, music (specifically rap) is getting old, beats are getting harder to find and it sounds like everyone is just copying each other. This is where the emotion has to come in, because without emotion, songs become forgettable. I like christian music and rap mainly because it breaks away from the trend about rapping about girls, drugs, and money. You can have your own opinion about everything, but try listening to something new every once and awhile to spice it up a bit! have a good one bro!

food for thought, very interesting

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

10 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

food for thought, very interesting

I watched this video in 2x speed. I don't know why this is such a big issue. It went from is spoken word like rap to a cultural and racial debate. SOUNDS LIKE political propaganda to me.

7 minutes ago, Preferably Anonymous said:

It's all g man. Everyone likes their own kind of music. Honestly I agree, music (specifically rap) is getting old, beats are getting harder to find and it sounds like everyone is just copying each other. This is where the emotion has to come in, because without emotion, songs become forgettable. I like christian music and rap mainly because it breaks away from the trend about rapping about girls, drugs, and money. You can have your own opinion about everything, but try listening to something new every once and awhile to spice it up a bit! have a good one bro!

Yeah, I completely agree, whilst it is getting harder to create 'New' music, I believe that good music is stuff that is being different and changing with the times though, new music being produced that sounds similar to other things is where most of the music industry is going at the moment. There are only a few decent bands and music artists that break these rules and sound different currently. What I dislike most, however, is some of the newer bands that are popping up and trying to sound like 70's or 80's music, it's really not the same as music to that era that experimented with sound more and techniques. I think part of it is the processing of the music too that plays a big part in this. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The problem with a lot of modern country music is that it has turned into more generic pop than country.  

Probably still not your taste, but psychobilly artists do more justice to country music than actual country music artists lately.

I like it! And I do tend to agree with you. I has a good tone!

14 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah, I completely agree, whilst it is getting harder to create 'New' music, I believe that good music is stuff that is being different and changing with the times though, new music being produced that sounds similar to other things is where most of the music industry is going at the moment. There are only a few decent bands and music artists that break these rules and sound different currently. What I dislike most, however, is some of the newer bands that are popping up and trying to sound like 70's or 80's music, it's really not the same as music to that era that experimented with sound more and techniques. I think part of it is the processing of the music too that plays a big part in this. 

I agree, and I can tell that a lot of artists want that "nostalgic" aspect to their music, but it just dosen't do the justice. If you put aside your personal bubble of your opinion for a sec, some (if not a lot) of consumers like that beat and want more of it. It is not cool to really duplicate music, but I think some people want that "old" beat to their new music. I do agree with you that a lot of good music is the type of music that diverges from the trend of ctrl-c, ctrl-v. Look at Elvis for example, he totally changed the way we listen to music back in the 70's(mark me if I am wrong). He changed the culture and made us want something different than hyms and traditional music. Now it just comes down to, sico mode or mo-bomba.  So I do agree with you, but it dosen't mean you can just close yourself off and not listen to any music at all. Find something you like and listen to it. It can anything from country, to dubstep. (feels like I tend to over complicate things) XD

22 minutes ago, Preferably Anonymous said:

1. I watched this video in 2x speed.

2. I don't know why this is such a big issue. It went from is spoken word like rap to a cultural and racial debate. SOUNDS LIKE political propaganda to me.

1. Why? And how is that relevant?

2. If it sounds like political propaganda then you weren't listening at all... It was a well thought out discussion on the topic and not at all propaganda in any sorts

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

the very small amount of rap i enjoy tends to come from Gorillaz, there are some exeptions like Something Diabolical too tho

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I was. But not really anymore, I guess. Migos was one of my favorites, just because I'm a pretty big fan of trap beats.

Here's some of my favorites (warning, none of these are particularly appropriate). In no particular order:

Well, that was a trip down memory lane. Quite a few of these are going to require good bass reproduction. Most of it is the 90's - 00's era of southern hip hop.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

forgot to add. as much as i love hip hop, there are just artists i seriously hate.

j cole is fucking overrated in the rap world. terrible beats, meaningless lyrics. might as well call him the sane 6ix9ine.

eminem. the rap game's changed old man, he can't keep up in 2019.

MGK just any other worthless white rapper who can make shit up.

Drake. Fuck. Drake. OVERRATED AS ALL FUCKING HELL. he let fame go to his head and his music became more and more trash since 2010.

that's really all of the rappers i can't stand that aren't 6ix9ine or kodak black or likewise.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

forgot to add Pusha T. he kinda rose a lot after dissing drake but he's pretty good lyrically, plus with ye's production 

Daytona by Pusha T.jpg

kids see ghosts is great too, collab with kid cudi and kanye. it's more psychedelic 

Kids See Ghost Cover.jpg

I like AllttA, and 20Syl.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

This guy does a good breakdown on why pop and lot of other popular music sounds the same.

FYI, Youtube is being buggy as usual, so you might have to manually start the vid from the beginning.

That video has also been debunked, or at least criticized, plenty of times:

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

j cole is fucking overrated in the rap world. terrible beats, meaningless lyrics. might as well call him the sane 6ix9ine.

J. Cole's second verse in Come Through and Chill kills the whole damn song for me, honestly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

J. Cole's second verse in Come Through and Chill kills the whole damn song for me, honestly.

i could never listen to the remix of that song. literally it was smoooth and hell and his jerky ass flow ruins it x1000. also i hate any song that has him featured too since it doesn't flow.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

15 hours ago, KuJoe said:

I mostly listen to nerdcore like YTCracker and mc chris but I've been on a Lecrae kick for a while now.

Right now Im enjoying "TherealAK" and "Merkules" youtube.  Remix to decent or good beats.  They have SICK bars, sick flow, and GREAT lyrics.  AK is like 16 years old.  Look up his Plug Walk Remix - Im jamming that RIGHT now lol.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Okay, I found one thing ignorant about the first debunk.  He literally assumed that Aaron was talking about wood.  No, in music timbre, not timber, refers to "the character or quality of a musical sound or voice as distinct from its pitch and intensity."  For example, a high baritone is going to have darker vocal timbre than a low tenor.  He might be right in other areas, but what the actual fuck?

That's a joke, not a serious point against the video.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Mostly G-Funk and earlier trap music. Some Southern rap and Gansta gimmicks too. Not too crazy about newer stuff but I'll still listen to a few songs here and there. 

maybe im a bit racist here but i dislike the general theme of rap, money, women, cop, gangster stuff. and i dont think it's music.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!