Ryzen 3000 series to be revealed Dec 18?

The Benjamins

Before I started writing this post, I have reached out to HardwareBattle to ask for details. From what I learned, the contest was neither posted by a PR agency nor AMD employees working on behalf of AMD. I was told this is just a CPU sales agency hired by AMD to do local events and contests.

This contest requires all participants to guess Cinebnech score for yet unreleased Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 5 3600X CPUs. As weird as it may sound, the contest ends on December 14th. However, this is not when new Ryzen 3000 are coming out.

It’s true that the winners of this contest will receive Ryzen 3000 CPUs, but only after they are out, and for that, no date was given.

So based on this, there is a contest in Korea to guess the 3700x and 3600x C15 scores, and it ends Dec 14, Does that mean we will get a Ryzen 3000s reveal on or just after the 14th?

EDIT: their is a Dec 18th date on the source is this the winner pick date + reveal?

If this is true we get to get a idea of the 3700x REALLY soon.

Put what you guys think the C15 results will be below.

LTT Guess: https://goo.gl/forms/gSHEo2yPKs2dgCPP2

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1asCwKF81vIm7eXmCk_fNRxJ2r_eoN4RO_kHkyaXJy8M/edit?usp=sharing

Translated by google

[ Event participation method ]

1. Predict the performance of 7 Nano Ryzen and upload your CineBench score to various communities  ( blog , social network,  cafe ,  video, etc. )  

a) Ryzen 7 3700X ( tentative ) Single score , multi-core score

b) Ryzen 5 3600X ( tentative ) Single score , multi-core score

Reward

1st Ryzen  7 3700X ( tentative name ) 5

2nd Ryzen  5 3600X ( tentative name ) 10

3rd Ryzen power cube  100 people

Spoiler

4601155363a839a161a52034b3ee8384_1543989

Found:

https://videocardz.com/newz/south-korean-amd-ryzen-sales-agency-teases-ryzen-7-3700x-and-ryzen-5-3600x

Source: 

http://ryzen.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=EVENT&wr_id=289

http://www.hwbattle.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=news&wr_id=127384

Contest Link:

http://naver.me/5SgusQmx

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Everyone's saying "oh it's going to be 12 cores, 5 GHz out of the box", etc. and frankly, I just want to see how accurate these rumors hold up. I'll be floored if even the 12 cores part comes true, but I'm really just predicting this next generation of Zen to have mostly the same core counts as the current generation chips.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Everyone's saying "oh it's going to be 12 cores, 5 GHz out of the box", etc. and frankly, I just want to see how accurate these rumors hold up. I'll be floored if even the 12 cores part comes true, but I'm really just predicting this next generation of Zen to have mostly the same core counts as the current generation chips.

If we get AMDs C15 info around Dec 14 then we should be able to judge how close those rumors are.

Lets put Our guess below.

single or multicore?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just now, williamcll said:

single or multicore?

both, according to the translation.

1337 Single Core and 9001 Multicore, you heard it here first.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Cool !

if this happens i will be very impressed

And Intel will be beaten 

again !

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Here's my math.

Below are my charts.  Based on simple math and a 15% IPC Boost.

Speed (Single Core) Speed (All Core) SC MC
7 2700x 4.3 4.2 174 1855
3600x 4.8 4.8 223 2133
3700x 5 5 233 3333

lol i was thinking CPU-z scores when guessing welp, fail delete my entry hahaha 

anyway i think new ryzens will only be 8 core, people are daydreaming 5ghz 16 cores cpu's left and right, we need a reality check hopefully amd says something at least that they are fake, or another more credible leak to demolish the fake one before hype train grows any bigger

5GHz on all cores? I will be surprised if those chips can handle 4,7GHz on all cores.

Not that I don't like AMD, but jumping from 4GHz on all cores to 5GHz seems kinda hard even if they went with 7nm instead of 12/14.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Many people like LTT will probably have their hands on the product a few days before the product releases, so I'd imagine the contest would end before they get the product to make sure no one cheats.

1 hour ago, PC Budget Solutions said:

@The Benjamins can you delete my first entry, forgot the 3700x was 12 cores.

52 minutes ago, yian88 said:

lol i was thinking CPU-z scores when guessing welp, fail delete my entry hahaha 

anyway i think new ryzens will only be 8 core, people are daydreaming 5ghz 16 cores cpu's left and right, we need a reality check hopefully amd says something at least that they are fake, or another more credible leak to demolish the fake one before hype train grows any bigger

Done.

you can submit multiple entries, I will delete the old ones when i notice it.

6 hours ago, FloRolf said:

1337 Single Core and 9001 Multicore, you heard it here first.

That's pretty leet that your guess is over nine thousand.

This topic confuses me, how does the closing date of a competition in Korea somehow indicate an announcement date for a CPU? Where did the 18th come from? The competition closes on the 14th?

The quoted post even says the CPUs don't come out on the competition close date and that no launch date was given.

Talk about taking 2 + 2 and getting 22.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

This topic confuses me, how does the closing date of a competition in Korea somehow indicate an announcement date for a CPU? Where did the 18th come from? The competition closes on the 14th?

The quoted post even says the CPUs don't come out on the competition close date and that no launch date was given.

The close date is 14 but in the picture in the spoiler it their is a dec 18 presumably the winner announcement date.

If the winner is picled, then we should know what AMD says the C15 score is.

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

The close date is 14 but in the picture in the spoiler it their is a dec 18 presumably the winner announcement date.

If the winner is picled, then we should know what AMD says the C15 score is.

We should know what the closest guess was, nothing more. It's just as likely AMD will announce the competition winner then tell everyone to wait until CES in January for the actual announcement. They've already said CES will be the venue for the reveal.

I don't see any reasonable correlation between picking a competition winner and announcing a product.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

49 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

We should know what the closest guess was, nothing more. It's just as likely AMD will announce the competition winner then tell everyone to wait until CES in January for the actual announcement. They've already said CES will be the venue for the reveal.

I don't see any reasonable correlation between picking a competition winner and announcing a product.

the winner would now a fairly close cinebench score which would give us the information to validate the leaks. We would know a rough ST and MT score, allowing us to derive core count. how is that now new worthy?

Just now, The Benjamins said:

the winner would now a fairly close cinebench score which would give us the information to validate the leaks. We would know a rough ST and MT score, allowing us to derive core count. how is that now new worthy?

I didn't say it's not news worthy, I said claiming a release date from a competition finish date is a big jump.

I hope AdoredTV's leaks are accurate. hexa cores for ~$125 would destroy Intel.

I like the sound of 6 core and 8 core APUs as well. I don't see why they couldn't since they've been touting the improved density of 7nm.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

If the winners are selected and informed on Dec 18th, then 3700X and 3600X cinebench scores will officially be known on that date. You don't get final performacne numbers like that 6 months out from the launch of a consumer product. Not to mention AMD is funding a PR firm to hype the CPUs. That wouldn't happen unless the launch date was very close. You want maximum hype at product launch.

I'm sure not of anything, but I think some of the lower tier 7nm Ryzen skus (and the 3600X/3700X) will release on or just after AMD's keynote address at CES 

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

3 hours ago, ATFink said:

If the winners are selected and informed on Dec 18th, then 3700X and 3600X cinebench scores will officially be known on that date. You don't get final performacne numbers like that 6 months out from the launch of a consumer product. Not to mention AMD is funding a PR firm to hype the CPUs. That wouldn't happen unless the launch date was very close. You want maximum hype at product launch.

I'm sure not of anything, but I think some of the lower tier 7nm Ryzen skus (and the 3600X/3700X) will release on or just after AMD's keynote address at CES 

There is almost exactly one month between the competition end date and CES. Guess where AMD have already said they'll announce?

I doubt that reveal date, but who knows.

The bigger jump in frequency is something expected. Seeing higher core count parts with higher clocks, quite something considering the core count is to be doubled. This would be significant improvement in every corner. 

So it would mean that they managed to double the core count while also increasing frequency by a lot all while keeping that TDP hmm. That definitely sounds too good to be true even along architectural improvement and 7nm node. 

But hey, grain of sugar for a change maybe? :P

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |