Quad SLI Titans running 3X 4k screens (console fanboys need not apply)

Fruitbooter

Oh got not console vs PC wars again.. Its like comparing a golden apple to a rotten kiwi.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

This is also proving some of the consolers' point, that PC gaming is expensive as balls.

But if games are your hobby then you shouldn't mind spending a bunch of money on your hobby. It's better then going out and wasting all your money on booze.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Might shock you. This is PC forum. May I suggest IGN for your console needs? You can read awesome unbiased reviews there, where they give games like SWTOR a 10/10 right before they go free 2 play and predict the death of the PC as far back as 2001.

So now it is 2-3 k? It just dropped 1000 dollars, just like that huh? Is this U.S. currency? If so what does an Xbox one cost in Aus. Oh look it costs 100 dollars more.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/pdp/productID.282126700

It cost more in AUS, but 4 times as much? Please. 

http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=10809

The I5 4670k is $274.00

Here are a bunch of mini itx motherboards that will oc as well as any ROG board for around 100 bucks.

http://msy.com.au/default.jsp?category=250&page=2

http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=11953

Video card 229.00

Hell the 280x (his video card) is cheaper then it is in the United States.

http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=11662

399.00 and so much better then the console GPU you can't compare them.

3 k? That case better be 2000 dollars and gold plated. Now if the computer shops there are charging 3 k for that computer? I need to move to AUS and rip people off. 

might shock you, but if you scroll down you'll find this is a TECH forum, its Linus Tech Tips not Computer Tips or PC Tips. 

that mobo isn't an ROG itx board either its an Asrock for the itx build, needed for the msata.

270 wouldn't cut it too, pushes 3x1080p

the ROG in the first build was for the sound card amp and PCIe layout, it replaced a Asrock Extreme4, which I'd still be using if I wasn't downscaling size

Might i recommend you find your elitist friends and you all give yourselves a circle jerk? cause apparently anyone who likes console gaming and gives valid reasons for more expensive hardware then budget and doesn't have access to amazing savings is a noob without a clue. Cause I'm a gamer, and your an asshole. i like how you get so hot and bothered by it too. does it impact you? no. we all know the consoles aren't very powerful, that doesn't really impact game quality but does it? unless your a graphics whore. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

might shock you, but if you scroll down you'll find this is a TECH forum, its Linus Tech Tips not Computer Tips or PC Tips. 

that mobo isn't an ROG itx board either its an Asrock for the itx build, needed for the msata.

270 wouldn't cut it too, pushes 3x1080p

the ROG in the first build was for the sound card amp and PCIe layout, it replaced a Asrock Extreme4, which I'd still be using if I wasn't downscaling size

Might i recommend you find your elitist friends and you all give yourselves a circle jerk? cause apparently anyone who likes console gaming and gives valid reasons for more expensive hardware then budget and doesn't have access to amazing savings is a noob without a clue. Cause I'm a gamer, and your an asshole. i like how you get so hot and bothered by it too. does it impact you? no. we all know the consoles aren't very powerful, that doesn't really impact game quality but does it? unless your a graphics whore. 

Again with this elitist crap. You claimed 2-3 k. I showed you it could be built for what 900 Australian? That is also a I5 which is so much faster then a console it isn't funny. That isn't even a budget 6300fx build.

You call me an elitist, but at least I'm not a liar.  A R9 270 isn't enough? A R9 270 is stupidly better then the crap in the Xbox one. The Xbone gpu would get blown away by a stock 7850. It can push 720p with a low level API that is coming to the PC with mantle. My video card form 2008 that I gave away can do that without Mantle...A R9 270 can push 1080p with higher settings BEFORE a low level API, A 7970 is a r9 280x which I linked you for 399.

You have been exposed as a fraud. You lied about prices. Then you accused me of being an elitist and go on a rant about graphics meaning nothing, right after you told me a r9 270 wasn't enough for a PC.

Thank you for the most hilarious posts I have ever read. Your 3000 dollar rig is a joke and should have cost under 1000. Grats on getting ripped off.  I never knew Asrock was a "premium brand". Thanks for informing me. I will stop buying Asus, MSI, Gigabyte immediately. Any other tips you wish to share with me?  

I mean hell I don't live in your country but it took me all of 2 minutes to find a computer that matched yours at 1/3rd the price you claimed. If I wanted to I could probably knock another 100 bucks off that... I doubt one online shop there has all the best prices.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

This whole pc v console debate is a stupid as the apple versus everything else debate.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Again with this elitist crap. You claimed 2-3 k. I showed you it could be built for what 900 Australian? That is also a I5 which is so much faster then a console it isn't funny. That isn't even a budget 6300fx build.

You call me an elitist, but at least I'm not a liar. A R9 270 isn't enough? A R9 270 is stupidly better then the crap in the Xbox one. The Xbone gpu would get blown away by a stock 7850. It can push 720p with a low level API that is coming to the PC with mantle. My video card form 2008 that I gave away can do that without Mantle...A R9 270 can push 1080p with higher settings BEFORE a low level API, A 7970 is a r9 280x which I linked you for 399.

You have been exposed as a fraud. You lied about prices. Then you accused me of being an elitist and go on a rant about graphics meaning nothing, right after you told me a r9 270 wasn't enough for a PC.

Thank you for the most hilarious posts I have ever read. Your 3000 dollar rig is a joke and should have cost under 1000. Grats on getting ripped off. I never knew Asrock was a "premium brand". Thanks for informing me. I will stop buying Asus, MSI, Gigabyte immediately. Any other tips you wish to share with me?

I mean hell I don't live in your country but it took me all of 2 minutes to find a computer that matched yours at 1/3rd the price you claimed. If I wanted to I could probably knock another 100 bucks off that... I doubt one online shop there has all the best prices.

Clap Clap

Reading only part of what I said and using it to your own agenda. Good job. And all parts weren't bought today were they? Yes prices are now cheaper but they weren't at purchase. You don't need to spend the 2k-3k I paid for parts.

I could build a good enough system locally for 1200 but it wouldn't have an ssd and it won't be good enough in two years. My 7970 is already being out done because a lot of devs are to lazy to optimise. And I say 7970 minimum due to 3x1080p I said that last time. 270 would be more than enough for a single monitor with headroom for a few years.

Again all your doing is being an Ass and seeing things from only one perspective. And not thinking about unknown variables

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

That computer is built by monkeys without a clue as to what they're doing.

The NVidia GTX Titan is prohibitively expensive, and it's not the best gaming GPU available as it was always more of a semi-gaming-semi-workstation GPU. Throwing two of them together results in pretty great performance, throwing three of them together is overkill, throwing four of them together is flat-out stupid. Why didn't they opt for 2 or at the most 3 GTX 780 Ti cards? It would've performed better and been considerably cheaper. Having more than 16GB of RAM is pointless unless you are doing really memory-intensive work, gaming right now will never even take advantage of aforementioned 16GB. Hell, most of the time it doesn't take advantage of 8!

Also that case looks like it's made out of nursery-grade plastic. If I was to spend anything more than $3000 on a computer I wouldn't settle for anything short of the most amazing build quality and build materials available.

Yeah! Suck it consoles! Suck it for being so cheap in comparison to this obviously excellent computer. Suck it for remaining a viable gaming machine for longer than any gaming computer can. Suck it for not looking like a garish plastic kid's toy.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I'm struggling to understand how some of these console fan boys ended up on this forum?

I would say the majority of Linus's client base is PC enthusiasts which is why I thought this thread would get a better response. I didn't expect there to be so many anti PC console lovers on here.

I would also like to point out I'm not a PC elitist I just admire the fantastic capabilitys of some hardware. I was a console gamer for many years and still use my 360 for GTA etc but Microsoft and Sony really are pulling peoples pants down and bending them over with the hardware in these new consoles. They had the chance to fix where they went wrong with the last gen but again they choose to use outdated hardware that struggles to do 60 fps at 1080p. This is why its aimed at consoles..nothing to do with price, I dont care about the price difference I care about the sheer performance. Anyone who can't appreciate this clearly doesn't have an interest in PC or they just like arguing for the sake of it.

Clap Clap

Reading only part of what I said and using it to your own agenda. Good job. And all parts weren't bought today were they? Yes prices are now cheaper but they weren't at purchase. You don't need to spend the 2k-3k I paid for parts.

I could build a good enough system locally for 1200 but it wouldn't have an ssd and it won't be good enough in two years. My 7970 is already being out done because a lot of devs are to lazy to optimise. And I say 7970 minimum due to 3x1080p I said that last time. 270 would be more than enough for a single monitor with headroom for a few years.

Again all your doing is being an Ass and seeing things from only one perspective. And not thinking about unknown variables

CPU/MB prices haven't changed. Apparently your GPU was 1500 dollars when you bought it. SSD. That's nice. Can you show me the 500GB SSD in the console? I wasn't aware they came with one. I was under the impression that a 500 GB SSD was as much as a console. Do they only sell the 500 GB SSD Xbox One in Australia? Is it the "that's not a HD, this is a HD" Mick Dundee version? 

Oh so now consoles are doing eyefinity? Cool. Thanks for explaining this all to me. I will go right out and buy my 500GB SSD eyefinity PS4 tomorrow. Silly me. I was comparing PC builds and consoles at the same resolutions (1080p on PS4 and I was being nice and taking that as the reference). I should have been comparing an eyefinity setup to a console that runs on one 720p Tv. Seems like a legit price comparison.

Nice chatting with ya. I think I am done here lol. You are absolutely correct.  A 3 monitor setup PC with a 500 GB SSD costs more then a console. How could I have been so stupid.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

This is also proving some of the consolers' point, that PC gaming is expensive as balls.

Why anybody would want this for an in-home build, I have no idea...

PC gaming is not expensive, it's actually just as cheap as you wish to make it.

FYI that setup would be shit for anything other than a low-graphic racing game considering the refresh rate of the displays, which is most likely 60 or below (my guess is 30.)

Although I think consoles are the way of the past, things like "dear consoles... Suck it" is just proving the stereotype of the D bag elitist pc gamer. If you want to encourage the death of consoles and switch to pc (which you should because it benefits the pc gamer in many ways) the best way to do it is friendly and open arms not belittling them.

Some people should also note the quotation marks in the title which stems from the commentary in the actual video.

And then you have to configure the controls for some games and thats after having to use a mouse to launch steam, etc and thats if theres no driver issues and so forth

Steam OS?

And then you have to configure the controls for some games and thats after having to use a mouse to launch steam, etc and thats if theres no driver issues and so forth

First World Problems.....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Most is not all. There's still going to be a hassle compared to the consoles plug in and play.

Dude cool off, you have no clue. Nothing you have said in the past 4 posts have been even close to reality.

On my homemade steambox none of the 40+ controller-supported games (I have managed to try so far since I just bought them in last year's sales) I bought to play on that account had to be configured at all, just start and play. I have big picture launching on startup and I literally don't have to touch the mouse or keyboard once.

All those 57 games also just cost me maybe the price of ONE console game total.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

People, PEOPLE, we don't want another console vs. PC war here, okay?

Some prefer this, some prefer that and one simply does not listen to others opinions and sticks to his because many are afraid to try something oposing to things they already tried,so there isn't something to discuss, not anything!

I am both a console and a PC user (PS2, PSP, PC, Laptop) and everything, EVERYTHING, has it's ups and downs, I can just say to you, "its the imperfections that make things a beauty.."

Take this for example, PC has a raw power, but PS and XBOX are more portable and have cool direct online capabilities, also, there are exclusives for each, and I don't need to say that even 4K HAS downsides, because IT DOES, there isn't much content, and many old games don't support it, and even new ones are glitchy about it, so I don't see point in this war, and in this post.

So conclusion: Dear OP, your title is totally misleading, you tried to showcase the power of PC, but instead of adding title like: 12K GAMING IS HERE! You quote a morron who says "Suck it consoles" ---> Those words came from a fanboy, and that MAN, and you the OP of this post, are the reason why we have another fanboy war, and don't even FORGET

that Linus, and pretty much good half of a forum hates fanboys, and also hates dealing with them, so if you please, could all resist your animal instincts and become good, opinion listening humans who will discuss this post normally, I would seriously appreciate that...

Actually, you can assign a key shortcut to launching a program in its "Properties" window.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Title changed to make people happy..

Yes, you changed the title, against your own will, not doing it properly to show your hatred about console users, if it wasn't to countless people here, and me, you wouldn't even come to this point, you are now discriminating console users not allowing them to post on an open forum on an open topic, sorry, but i seriously think that you should change your title once again, and become a normal person (by that, i think no more acting like a kid but a grown up not discriminating people, and removing the console fanboys part)

Some people need to learn to take a joke.

Can't we all be friends?

So pretty much, I've gotten the jist, by reading these posts that there seem to be quite a few PC elitists bashing down on anyone that likes consoles and quite a few console players who have been misled to believe PC gaming is extremely expensive. 

Now look guys, at this time there is no, repeat no PC that can match the PS4  at it's current $399 USD Price tag. That right there may be a reason for someone to buy a console over a PC. Now I may not necessarily agree with that stance because in about a year, the case will almost certainly be different and favour the PC again, however, you guys need to just accept it and relax.

I mean this is supposed to be a community forum where people who like ALL kinds of tech be it console, PC, phone or whatever can discuss technology with each other.

Instead all I can see is a bunch of fighting. Chill boys. 

I will say this though in case you are someone looking to buy a PS4 or XBone. The console is really good for the money NOW and you will get better price/performance ratio than any PC for $399, however, please note that it won't be the case for very long and hence, there is the reason many people decide to invest in PC's and as a result defend them. At the end of the day though, both PC and console have their own advantages, e.g. Console exclusives, PC game variety, however, if you make a decision, don't let people bag on you harshly for it. 

#Rantover

Btw, I will also clarify PC gaming is not expensive and you can get good performance PC's at low prices. It's around the $550+ mark where you can get the hardware capable enough to surpass a PS4, as of this time. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Project C.A.R.S., iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Live For Speed, rFactor, RaceRoom, Richard Burns Rally, Game Stock Car.

PC has better racing games.

While those are all great sim racers they're not very accessible and are in no way for everyone. Forza and GT has a level of polish that you simply don't get in any PC title while still retaining decent physics.

Sooo...out of curiosity, what was the original title of this topic? I'm kinda curious to know what could have spawned 7 pages of console vs. PC crap that had nothing to do with the original post.

Sooo...out of curiosity, what was the original title of this topic? I'm kinda curious to know what could have spawned 7 pages of console vs. PC crap that had nothing to do with the original post.

Something along the lines of 'Suck It Consoles' I believe.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I could easily connect my pc to a monitor/tv in the living room and plug in a wireless controller...

edit: the device(console) is cheaper at this time. (the games on pc are cheaper + you can have better graphics)

edit2: within a year or two consoles will no longer offer decent performance for the price

so consoles are like apple products :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Why anybody would want this for an in-home build, I have no idea...

PC gaming is not expensive, it's actually just as cheap as you wish to make it.

FYI that setup would be shit for anything other than a low-graphic racing game considering the refresh rate of the displays, which is most likely 60 or below (my guess is 30.)

I know, It is just that the OP said "Suck it console" even though console people say that PC gaming is very expensive and this is an example. On the other hand, you can get a PC that is better than console for $400-$500

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M