Quad SLI Titans running 3X 4k screens (console fanboys need not apply)

Fruitbooter

yeh switching to pc was the best thing i did even though i was worried i'd forever suck at mouse and keyboard ahha. I do miss console games and the sort of lounge room vibe where anyone can just play and that whereas when im playing on my pc im usually more serious (probably the games i play)

there's always a steambox for streaming....soon......

clooney-gif-soon.gif

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Consoles are cheaper and make couch gaming easier. Please grow up and stop being an ignorant elitis

hes not an elitist hes proving a point

Console - Easy to use, slightly cheaper, upgradable in about 4 years, game optimization, lack of support for software and controllers, couch use.

PC - Difficult to use, pay what you want, fully upgradable/customizable, more games, cheaper games, more controllers, OS choices, do more than just play games and watch tv, better game community, if you pay for it then you can have way more power, games can be customized to run smoothly on low end PCs or customized to have insane graphics, less DRM, multitasking, better game recording, couch or desk use, etc.

I guess you can't compare them because they are completely different devices. The console is just a toy while the PC is for advanced users and can be used for much more. If you want an easy and cheap solution to play video games then use a console. If you want to spend more time to get a more immersive gaming experience and are interested in more than just gaming then get a PC.

Consoles shouldn't be ripped on for having less power and lack of features compared to a PC because a console does what it is made for and if that is all you need then a console is a good choice.

A console and a PC are used for different reasons and therefore should not be compared. However arguments are always being started because a lot of console players are ignorant and won't accept that a PC can perform at a much higher speed and can display much more life like graphics. I've encountered so many of these console players that don't believe me when I say that my PC is faster then their console.

And a PC costs more because you are paying for more then just a gaming/tv console.

Console - Easy to use, slightly cheaper, upgradable in about 4 years, game optimization, lack of support for software and controllers, couch use.

PC - Difficult to use, pay what you want, fully upgradable/customizable, more games, cheaper games, more controllers, OS choices, do more than just play games and watch tv, better game community, if you pay for it then you can have way more power, games can be customized to run smoothly on low end PCs or customized to have insane graphics, less DRM, multitasking, better game recording, couch or desk use, etc.

I guess you can't compare them because they are completely different devices. The console is just a toy while the PC is for advanced users and can be used for much more. If you want an easy and cheap solution to play video games then use a console. If you want to spend more time to get a more immersive gaming experience and are interested in more than just gaming then get a PC.

Consoles shouldn't be ripped on for having less power and lack of features compared to a PC because a console does what it is made for and if that is all you need then a console is a good choice.

A console and a PC are used for different reasons and therefore should not be compared. However arguments are always being started because a lot of console players are ignorant and won't accept that a PC can perform at a much higher speed and can display much more life like graphics. I've encountered so many of these console players that don't believe me when I say that my PC is faster then their console.

And a PC costs more because you are paying for more then just a gaming/tv console.

This pretty much sums it up. :)

I bet that's what you always post in a 'console vs PC discussio'n :D

Also, I think the last gen consoles were in use for 6-7 years, not 4.

Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Console = something you play as a kid.

PC = something you use as an adult that can emulate consoles at higher res/graphics quality and save you 15 bucks a month and playing with kids like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0qm5ET4398

PS4 should have a superior emulator this year (on a computer), Dolphin Wii emulation looks like a damn cartoon if you have an OC Sandy Bridge or up. 

Consoles suck. The kids on Xbox live/PS network are idiots (just watch that video). 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

can i just say... i see tearing xD

Character artist in the Games industry.

PC = something you use as an adult that can emulate consoles at higher res/graphics quality and save you 15 bucks a month and playing with kids like this.

I actually played on PC as a kid.

I bought a Wii when I was 13 but I solt it when I was 15.

I hardly played it because I didn't like it. I preferred strategy genres like age of empires and total war.

Chivalry isn't dead!

This pretty much sums it up. :)

I bet that's what you always post in a 'console vs PC discussio'n :D

Also, I think the last gen consoles were in use for 6-7 years, not 4.

Actrualy I just wrote that out of no where. 6-7, wow that's so terrible. I don't think these "next gen" consoles will last anymore than 4 years though. Too many people are starting to see the lack of tech in the consoles.

I actually played on PC as a kid.

I bought a Wii when I was 13 but I solt it when I was 15.

I hardly played it because I didn't like it. I preferred strategy genres like age of empires and total war.

My parents wouldn't let me buy a console when I was little because they only wanted me to play on a computer because they knew it would teach me to do more then just play games on a computer and so I always had to play PC or at a friend's house. I'm now glad that they wouldn't let me.

I used to play AOE a lot too. Now I mostly play racing games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0qm5ET4398

PS4 should have a superior emulator this year (on a computer), Dolphin Wii emulation looks like a damn cartoon if you have an OC Sandy Bridge or up. 

Consoles suck. The kids on Xbox live/PS network are idiots (just watch that video). 

You do realize that CoD is mainly played by kids and it really isn't different across all platforms, right?

"Console= Something that you play as kid"

I'm sorry, but there is not that many kids on Xbox Live that are outside of Call of Duty. Of course, a PC elitist wouldn't recognize this, for obvious reasons.

"PC= something you use as an adult that can emulate consoles at higher res/graphics quality and save you 15 bucks a month and playing with kids like this."

You're wrong on this one, it's $5 dollars a month for Xbox Live and around $4.17 USD that you save. Once again, you can't emulate consoles, that these supposed "idiotic" kids play on, yet.

I will quote @Dudenstein

I'm not going to continue to argue with immature PC elitists members in this forum. If you don't see the value in consoles then do so on your own time.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Call me back when PCs have a game that comes even close to Forza or Gran Turismo.

Project C.A.R.S., iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Live For Speed, rFactor, RaceRoom, Richard Burns Rally, Game Stock Car.

PC has better racing games.

You do realize that CoD is mainly played by kids and it really isn't different across all platforms, right?

"Console= Something that you play as kid"

I'm sorry, but there is not that many kids on Xbox Live that are outside of Call of Duty. Of course, a PC elitist wouldn't recognize this, for obvious reasons.

"PC= something you use as an adult that can emulate consoles at higher res/graphics quality and save you 15 bucks a month and playing with kids like this."

You're wrong on this one, it's $5 dollars a month for Xbox Live and around $4.17 USD that you save. Once again, you can't emulate consoles, that these supposed "idiotic" kids play on, yet.

I will quote @Dudenstein

What are you talking about? Xbox live offers nothing that I can't get on the PC for FREE. Steam sales KILL console sales.

Then we have exclusives. Wii exclusives (a console people actually bought) are available through Dolphin emulator and play at 4x the resolution and look like a cartoon.

Xbox exclusives? On the PC or so bad no one cares. Halo will prob be Win 8 so MS can push their crappy OS. Titanfall? Windows.

PS4 Exclusives? The only game I am even remotely interested in would be Uncharted. Madden football started to suck years ago. 

http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-quest-to-build-xbox-one-and-ps4-emulators/

That is what you get when you use a x86 chip and a desktop GCN video card in a console. The computer will play the "exclusives" and look better. The PC also has "exclusives" and a lot more then 1 or 2 decent games. For the games that are on both PC and console? The PC wins in a landslide. Mod's, better graphics, can play with a dumb console controller if you want.

The only console that won't hit emulation any time soon are Wii U, PS3. No one will bother emulating Xbox 360 cus the exclusives are on PC and better there anyways. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Project C.A.R.S., iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Live For Speed, rFactor, RaceRoom, Richard Burns Rally, Game Stock Car.

PC has better racing games.

Add to that 2011 says hello (which consoles can't come close to).  You could use 3 monitors instead. My IPS costs 159 at newegg. would cost a whole 480 bucks to have IPS 3 monitor set up. My computer cost 900 with black friday deals and is absolute overkill. You can buy an I5 for cheaper that will slaughter a console. The only reason I have I7 is doing things consoles can't dream of doing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiLlyOM1UgI

LOL at a mobile cpu and a AMD 7850 in the PS4. LOL even more at the lower video card in the Xbox one. If you were really into racing/flight sims then a console is HORRIBLE. It can't even play a real flight simulator, and the racing games are meh.

Add to that 2011 says hello (which consoles can't come close to).  You could use 3 monitors instead. My IPS costs 159 at newegg. would cost a whole 480 bucks to have IPS 3 monitor set up. My computer cost 900 with black friday deals and is absolute overkill. You can buy an I5 for cheaper that will slaughter a console. The only reason I have I7 is doing things consoles can't dream of doing. 

LOL at a mobile cpu and a AMD 7850 in the PS4. LOL even more at the lower video card in the Xbox one. If you were really into racing/flight sims then a console is HORRIBLE. It can't even play a real flight simulator, and the racing games are meh.

In my signature I have a video of me racing in surround. Sim driving and flight really can't be done right with console. I recently got a Recaro style bucket seat and plan on building a frame for the seat and my wheel. I want to also build some button boxes and maybe put a little screen on the dash, consoles don't support this.

It's one thing to dislike a console, but it's another to say it lacks any sort of value. I spent $1,300 on my computer and monitor, my brother payed $600 for a PS4 and a larger TV (38" I think?). I had to build my computer, since I had the knowledge too, and my brother had to download a patch from the PS4 without having to learn every intricate little thing about it to play it like you would a PC . At least lay off of consoles and console players, not everybody can afford the initial investment into a computer rig as large as yours or I's, and ultimately chose console for that reason.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Does anyone even make textures for a native 4k screen?  let alone 3x4k?

I understand textures are generally downscaled to look better, but does anyone create downscaled 4k textures?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Call me back when PCs have a game that comes even close to Forza or Gran Turismo.

Duh, Sonic All-Star racing

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Everyone.  Just stop for a moment while I leave this here.

i've watched that video before. I don't agree with a lot of what he says. I'm going to go get started on making a video comparing consoles and PCs.

What are you talking about? Xbox live offers nothing that I can't get on the PC for FREE. Steam sales KILL console sales.

Then we have exclusives. Wii exclusives (a console people actually bought) are available through Dolphin emulator and play at 4x the resolution and look like a cartoon.

Xbox exclusives? On the PC or so bad no one cares. 

http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-quest-to-build-xbox-one-and-ps4-emulators/

That is what you get when you use a x86 chip and a desktop GCN video card in a console. The computer will play the "exclusives" and look better. The PC also has "exclusives" and a lot more then 1 or 2 decent games. For the games that are on both PC and console? The PC wins in a landslide. Mod's, better graphics, can play with a dumb console controller if you want.

The only console that won't hit emulation any time soon is consoles that no one wants to emulate anyways, and Wii U, PS3. No one will bother emulating Xbox one cus the exclusives are on PC and better there anyways.

Console sales aren't killed by Steam sales, simpily because Steam isn't a physical thing, it's software. 

"(A console that people actually bought)" 

Please tell that to the 4.2 million people that bought a PS4 in the first two months of the release and 3 million in the first 39 days. 

"Xbox exclusives? On the PC or so bad no one cares."

Was Halo 3 on the PC? Was the Gears of War series on the PC? Is this subejective? Yes, but there's also a lot people that enjoy it.

Of course playing on PC will always look better, and of course there will always be more exclusives.

It's than not then and because or cuz not cus.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

It's than not then and because or cuz not cus.

Really? Your going to be annoying by correcting his writing mistakes but you don't even know how to write yourself. It's 'cause not cuz.

Don't be a prick.

It's one thing to dislike a console, but it's another to say it lacks any sort of value. I spent $1,300 on my computer and monitor, my brother payed $600 for a PS4 and a larger TV (38" I think?). I had to build my computer, since I had the knowledge too, and my brother had to download a patch from the PS4 without having to learn every intricate little thing about it to play it like you would a PC . At least lay off of consoles and console players, not everybody can afford the initial investment into a computer rig as large as yours or I's, and ultimately chose console for that reason.

How did you spend 1300 building a computer? Did this include the monitor? Might as well include a TV in the price of a console then...

My computer build this xmas.

CPU/MB: z87 and 4770k. 265 bucks at Microcenter COMBINED. With tax they were 280. The z87 does not matter. They all oc the same. VRM is on die. The cheapest z87 oc's like the best z87. You can buy the i5/mb for same price now.

Case: 49 dollar Haf 912. Again you don't need a 100 dollar case. A Haf 912 or a cheap fractal has all the air cooling you could want and is plenty big.

Hd: 50 bucks and twice the size of a Xbox HD. Open box at Microcenter.

GPU: A 180 dollar r9 270 would kill a console video card. I got a GTX 770 for 279 with rebate open box at microcenter. A 770 isn't even in the same ballpark as a console GPU.

Ram: Gskill 1600 OC to 2133 cl10. 50 bucks. (no tax Newegg).

PSU: cx600m 55 bucks at Microcenter.

Cooler: evo 212 30 bucks (no tax newegg)

That is like a whole 748 bucks before tax and is a freakin 4770k at 4.5ghz on AIR (can do 4.7 on water) with a GTX 770. This is like 250 more bucks then a Xbox one. Take off 100 for a r9 270 and it is 150 dollars more with a better video card and a much better CPU. You can still buy the I5 for same price, which also kills the cpu in a console.

You will save 150 bucks on steam sales in the first year, not to mention you can play exclusives that aren't on consoles and you don't have to pay for an online service. The PC that kills a console and "next gen" games, along with demolishing non 8 thread games that can't be played on a console like WoW, Guildwars 2, League of Legends,  is CHEAPER. I also gain Wii emulation with a Intel chip AND can dual boot hackintosh, so I also have a Mac computer.

Again, how he hell did you spend 1300 bucks on a PC? SSD? That isn't on a console and is useless for games. SLI? Please why are you even comparing this to a console. You don't need a rog MB board on a z87. They are worthless.

I just buy the console if it interests me.  I can have the best of every world.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I don't understand buying a console when you already have a PC. I'm used to playing games on a PC and when I try playing on a console I can't see anything and I can't get immersed the slightest bit.

Unless people are claiming consoles have better gfx.  Those people can eat a spider.

Just look at it this way: to each his own. I have a PC, I heavily enjoy it, and I believe PCs are superior in terms of enjoyment, graphical fidelity, and game quality. HOWEVER, each person has their own opinion. As Voltaire said, I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Tell me when they take Forza to the PC. Then I'll give a rats ass. Now, let me resume playing GTA: San Andreas.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)