Quad SLI Titans running 3X 4k screens (console fanboys need not apply)

Fruitbooter

Just look at it this way: to each his own. I have a PC, I heavily enjoy it, and I believe PCs are superior in terms of enjoyment, graphical fidelity, and game quality. HOWEVER, each person has their own opinion. As Voltaire said, I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Yes I agree that everyone has a different opinion and some prefer the ease of a console. I just can't play a game on a console.  I'm just too used to PCs to ever enjoy a console.

Unless people are claiming consoles have better gfx.  Those people can eat a spider.

It's ridiculous how many people I know that say consoles have better graphics. I explain to my cousin what is inside my computer and the difference in specs and she still tells me that the PS3 has better graphics.

Tell me when they take Forza to the PC. Then I'll give a rats ass. Now, let me resume playing GTA: San Andreas.

Why? There are so many other racing games on PC to play. Forza isn't that realistic you know.

console + online for the life of the console is about $800 for $800 you could build a pc that runs bf4 on 1080 ultra and then you also have to factor in the savings in games so in the long run it could actually be cheaper

console + online for the life of the console is about $800 for $800 you could build a pc that runs bf4 on 1080 ultra and then you also have to factor in the savings in games so in the long run it could actually be cheaper

And with the change between X360/PS3 to Xbone/PS4 most of us didn't need to upgrade our PCs to be better than the new consoles and if you did need to upgrade it's probably not the cost of entire system overhaul but a small upgrade.

So with a console you have to pay the full price of an entire system in order to upgrade and even then you will be far behind PCs.

Yes I agree that everyone has a different opinion and some prefer the ease of a console. I just can't play a game on a console.  I'm just too used to PCs to ever enjoy a console.

It's ridiculous how many people I know that say consoles have better graphics. I explain to my cousin what is inside my computer and the difference in specs and she still tells me that the PS3 has better graphics.

Why? There are so many other racing games on PC to play. Forza isn't that realistic you know.

To be honest I don't think the people who say the console has better graphics are real people (not initially). I think these companies hire idiots to pump up their products in forums and eventually the weak minded people start to believe it. Then you have laughable articles by people like IGN who say they can't tell the difference etc.

All you have to do to sell a lie is keep telling it over and over again. Eventually the people do your work for you. Then those people see a gaming PC and change their mind and get attacked by others who haven't on a forum. Works with more then games also. Pro-pagan-da is wonderful  ;)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Although I think consoles are the way of the past, things like "dear consoles... Suck it" is just proving the stereotype of the D bag elitist pc gamer. If you want to encourage the death of consoles and switch to pc (which you should because it benefits the pc gamer in many ways) the best way to do it is friendly and open arms not belittling them.

Using Tapatalk

If you want the best of the best... Then you gotta pay for it... People still buy DS's and are happy with them.. Just saying...

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

And with the change between X360/PS3 to Xbone/PS4 most of us didn't need to upgrade our PCs to be better than the new consoles and if you did need to upgrade it's probably not the cost of entire system overhaul but a small upgrade.

So with a console you have to pay the full price of an entire system in order to upgrade and even then you will be far behind PCs.

Yup. Then backwards compatibility comes into play. Sony is addressing this with some new service, but now you need HIGH speed internet that you may have not had before and I imagine the "cloud" is going to have many problems at first.

I remember trying to run Kotor on my Xbox 360. It ran and had shrieks of noise, and all kinds of problems. Xbox 360 was last console I bought and I rarely played it. I gave it away. It looked like crap next to my PC and the "exclusives" were nothing special.  Compare games like Mass Effect on a PC to Xbox 360 and it was a joke, even with a video card from 2008 (GTX 260). Same thing with the new consoles. MUCH worse then PC. Jaggy, horrible colors.

There was a time when console games looked really good compared to PC. Nintendo 64 was outstanding when it came out. Now? They are just PC's and mediocre ones and even use the same hardware. The last one that impressed me with graphics for the time it came out  was Nintendo 64. Wave Race, mario were all crazy good. 

Although I think consoles are the way of the past, things like "dear consoles... Suck it" is just proving the stereotype of the D bag elitist pc gamer. If you want to encourage the death of consoles and switch to pc (which you should because it benefits the pc gamer in many ways) the best way to do it is friendly and open arms not belittling them.

Maybe PC gamers wouldn't be so jaded when business is booming and you have media lying to you about the "death of the pc" since the first xbox came out. Then you have BS websites like IGN and others saying the games look the same and "proving" this with low res photos (LOL). 

Also when you try to help people build a PC or explain it to them, you are attacked by company drones selling their product and straight up lying about everything and saying you need a "2000 dollar pc" etc. It gets tiring. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

-snip-

I think when he was quoting prices, he did in fact include the price of a tv with the console. $399 + $199 for a tv really isn't that much of a stretch. I think $1,300 does include everything needed.

When you're pricing out a computer, you should also include the price of peripherals. Mouse, keyboard, monitor. If you want to make it comparable you need to include a WiFi card.

You don't see how someone can spend $1,300 on a PC? Really?

Your pricing is also flawed. Not everyone can get that combined deal, therefore it's not that good of a deal for everyone. Consoles are generally the same price no matter where you go.

In fact, when I go to the Micro Center website, the 4770 ALONE is $250. The 270? $240. There. You've surpassed the cost of the console and purchased half of the TV, and you have a processor and GPU.

You also didn't include an OS.

While I know you can build a cheap PC, it is more expensive than a console by hundreds of dollars for something that in the end has the same result. You can play games.

The subscription to XBL is $3.50 a month. Some people pay $15/month for access to one game.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think when he was quoting prices, he did in fact include the price of a tv with the console. $399 + $199 for a tv really isn't that much of a stretch. I think $1,300 does include everything needed.

When you're pricing out a computer, you should also include the price of peripherals. Mouse, keyboard, monitor. If you want to make it comparable you need to include a WiFi card.

You don't see how someone can spend $1,300 on a PC? Really?

Your pricing is also flawed. Not everyone can get that combined deal, therefore it's not that good of a deal for everyone. Consoles are generally the same price no matter where you go.

In fact, when I go to the Micro Center website, the 4770 ALONE is $250. The 270? $240. There. You've surpassed the cost of the console and purchased half of the TV, and you have a processor and GPU.

You also didn't include an OS.

While I know you can build a cheap PC, it is more expensive than a console by hundreds of dollars for something that in the end has the same result. You can play games.

The subscription to XBL is $3.50 a month. Some people pay $15/month for access to one game.

Again, you do not need a 4770k to beat a console...A Fx 6300 can lol. No one buys the I7 for gaming, they buy it for rendering. My machine kills the new Mac Pro as a Hackintosh rendering/video editing machine and that thing costs 3 grand...

I simply told him the price I paid. You can buy the same combo and board there now with an I5.

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

255 bucks gets you a z87 that will OC as well as any z87, and an I5 K model that overclocks. This is not the same price as a next gen console...Give me a break. You can price match the 199.99 I5 4670k through Staples online live chat. Any 100 dollar z87 board will do. The max you will pay for a mb and I5 in the U.S. is 300 if you use your brain.

Also I love how you use the PS4 price at 400, then use Xbox live as a price for online services. The Xbox is not 400 bucks. It is 500 bucks. Bottom line? An I5 and a r9 270 will kill a console. Steam sales and game purchases and no online fees will make up the price difference in a year. You also fail to mention the failure rate of consoles. How many Xbox 360's did people go through in heavy play? 3? 4? I have a e8400 duo core machine here (use as a snow leopard internet machine with a SSD) that is ancient that runs like new. Why? Because of cooling, and the ability to clean it out once a month with compressed air. 

The I5 will play Wii games with Dolphin emulation. The I5 can be Mac (hackintosh). The I5 is a personal computer that you need to do things other then gaming. It is upgradable it has more storage (without voiding a warranty), it has a bigger game library and will most likely emulate the PS4 within a year, making the PS4 useless.

If you only want to play "next gen titles" you can go AMD FX 6300 for even cheaper and match the pricepoint of a console, while skipping online fees, having better graphics, having an actual computer, and buying games cheaper through steam.

You can match a next gen console for the same price with AMD. You can kill it with an I5 and do other really cool things as well. Like this.

https://dolphin-emu.org/

How many console ports do you see on this list in the top 10? Can you play all those games on a console? Hell no.

http://www.xfire.com/games

How about older games like Mass effect's? Can you run high texture packs and run them at higher resolutions? No you can't even play them on Xbone and PS4. Older games then that? Can you play Knights of the old Republic on a console with high resolution in widescreen? No? Sucks to be you. One of the finest RPG's ever made. The game library on a computer DWARFS what you can play on any console.

4-way sli titans.....

You have to be stupid rich to buy that

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Dear pc elitist. Grow up.

Sincerely, gamer/hardware enthusiast with a 3k rig, 3k in peripherals and ps3/Xbox/wii as the hdmi input on all three monitors.

If you seriously think raw power and graphics are the most important part of gaming, I pity you. Narrative and game play mechanics matter, graphics don't they're an Optional bonus.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Dear pc elitist. Grow up.

Sincerely, gamer/hardware enthusiast with a 3k rig, 3k in peripherals and ps3/Xbox/wii as the hdmi input on all three monitors.

If you seriously think raw power and graphics are the most important part of gaming, I pity you. Narrative and game play mechanics matter, graphics don't they're an Optional bonus.

I really hope the rigs in your profiles aren't the 3 k ones. Cus I paid under 800 for a rig that clowns them. Could you do a cinebench and add to the thread here. I mean I know my old GTX 260, you have beat when I made my post, but the total cost of my rig at that time was like 500 minus the video card I got later...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/62476-post-your-cinebench-r15-scores/page-16#entry1201595

Can't wait to see those "3000 dollar benchmarks". Thanks for helping spread the 2000-3000 dollar PC lie though. Does wonders for people thinking about building a computer. 

Also love you calling people "elitists" who are just trying to help people. Oh yeah I guess I am supposed to say "master race" to right? No thanks, I will stick with informing people that these new consoles are mediocre mobile CPU's and a underclocked 78xx 77xxx card's due to heat and that they can beat them at the same price point, or kill them for a 150 more, that they will save in a year of steam sales and free online services... 

The only way I could even spend 3 k on a gaming rig would be to buy two top end video cards, which is so far past a console they shouldn't even be compared, and a 1440p 120 HZ IPS from overlord monitors (cost a whole 500 bucks), and I don't think I would even reach 3k. It shouldn't even be compared to a console. It is a higher resolution, and on a monitor that makes any 1080p TV look like dog crap. Might as well compare a yugo to a ferrari. 

Any computer build for 1080p (like yours) costs nowhere near 3 k unless you are adding tons of SSD's and "premium" parts that do nothing for performance and are there to look good. 

-snip-

Ok, so we'll say $300 for a motherboard and CPU. We'll throw the keyboard and mouse into that as well (I don't feel like getting into a comparison in quality, and suggesting that a midrange mouse or something would be more comparable). You're $99 off of a complete, ready to use console.

If we use a more comparable build with an APU, and cheap components we still hit around $550.

Really though, in the end it doesn't make much sense to compare these two (console vs PC). You're comparing two different beasts.

Yeah. Shame on me for using what I know. I don't know what Playstation charges because I don't use their service. I assume that they're comparable.

Yup, the 360 had known defects. It was unfortunate. But...why are you using that as an example? The Playstation didn't have such issues.

So, say the person didn't want to do other things? They already have a laptop that does the rest? The console provides an excellent, compact gaming system.

Not everyone cares about super amazing graphics. At the end of the day we're all gaming. All enjoying it. So why does it matter what method is used to achieve that?

I enjoyed playing ME on my console, and I frankly have no interest in the other game you mentioned. So does it suck for me? Nope, not at all.

There are games on the console I want to play that aren't coming to PC. So. There's that.

A huge library doesn't mean they're all good. Look at a majority of phone apps.

Don't get me wrong I can sort of see where you're coming from. But from a strict gaming view, all other things aside, the console provides a very good price to end result ratio.

Not everyone wants to spend $700 to play games. Maybe they're fine paying $400/$500, having something they don't have to worry about, can shove under the TV, and the games they're interested in are available.

The funniest thing to me is how butthurt you seem about people that like to use consoles.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

My 360 is an excellent network media player.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Ok, so we'll say $300 for a motherboard and CPU. We'll throw the keyboard and mouse into that as well (I don't feel like getting into a comparison in quality, and suggesting that a midrange mouse or something would be more comparable). You're $99 off of a complete, ready to use console.

If we use a more comparable build with an APU, and cheap components we still hit around $550.

Really though, in the end it doesn't make much sense to compare these two (console vs PC). You're comparing two different beasts.

Yeah. Shame on me for using what I know. I don't know what Playstation charges because I don't use their service. I assume that they're comparable.

Yup, the 360 had known defects. It was unfortunate. But...why are you using that as an example? The Playstation didn't have such issues.

So, say the person didn't want to do other things? They already have a laptop that does the rest? The console provides an excellent, compact gaming system.

Not everyone cares about super amazing graphics. At the end of the day we're all gaming. All enjoying it. So why does it matter what method is used to achieve that?

I enjoyed playing ME on my console, and I frankly have no interest in the other game you mentioned. So does it suck for me? Nope, not at all.

There are games on the console I want to play that aren't coming to PC. So. There's that.

A huge library doesn't mean they're all good. Look at a majority of phone apps.

Don't get me wrong I can sort of see where you're coming from. But from a strict gaming view, all other things aside, the console provides a very good price to end result ratio.

Not everyone wants to spend $700 to play games. Maybe they're fine paying $400/$500, having something they don't have to worry about, can shove under the TV, and the games they're interested in are available.

The funniest thing to me is how butthurt you seem about people that like to use consoles.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427564,00.asp

Quality. I am sure it is because it is a really fast disc drive.

Oh wait.

http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-one-games-takes-way-too-long-1471191836

I am sure that the overclock done to the CPU/GPU in LATE development will do wonders for the Xbone lasting a long time. QUALITY man. Good thing they released this thing in the winter...

I mean you could kind of argue that the PS4 is almost a decent deal. The Xbone? No. Horrible GPU, overclocked parts (that are bad), insufficient cooling (which is what MS does), "exclusives" that will be on PC. 

Also.

A logitech k-120 costs 10-12 bucks. Razer knockoff mice are very cheap and just as good.

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/mice

The only mouse I would pay more for is a g500 for tiltwheel. You don't need a mechanical keyboard and a razer mouse lol. The 3 razer mice I had before going to Logitech never lasted over a year. The knockoffs are probably better to be honest.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427564,00.asp

Quality. I am sure it is because it is a really fast disc drive.

Oh wait.

http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-one-games-takes-way-too-long-1471191836

I am sure that the overclock done to the CPU/GPU in LATE development will do wonders for the Xbone lasting a long time. QUALITY man. Good thing they released this thing in the winter...

I mean you could kind of argue that the PS4 is almost a decent deal. The Xbone? No. Horrible GPU, overclocked parts (that are bad), insufficient cooling (which is what MS does), "exclusives" that will be on PC. 

Also.

A logitech k-120 costs 10-12 bucks. Razer knockoff mice are very cheap and just as good.

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/mice

The only mouse I would pay more for is a g500 for tiltwheel. You don't need a mechanical keyboard and a razer mouse lol. The 3 razer mice I had before going to Logitech never lasted over a year. The knockoffs are probably better to be honest.

It'd probably take a lower spec computer "a few minutes" to install a game as well. I don't see that being a huge issue. Did you see the % of Xbox's that were affected by the disc drive issue? VERY low. It's just blown out of proportion.

They also got a free game. I doubt you'd get that if your disc drive died in your PC, would you?

I agree you don't need fancy peripherals, they're just nice. I have to pay more for mice to get a comfortable one because no one seems to make cheap mice like the FS-3 or Mionix. :(

Actually that Ghost Shark looks pretty nice. If it's soft touch. I wish it had more than 6 colors too how hard is an RGB LED!

I think it'd be better if everyone had PC's. It's just never going to happen because, unfortunately, people don't like to learn how things work. So I own both for my less tech savvy friends.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

This is about the advancement in technology not how much it costs.

The average gamer isn't going to have this setup.

I don't know why people are sticking up for consoles on a tech / PC forum anyway..I'm sure you would be more at home on IGN's Xbox one forum.

I dunno I'm pretty sure consoles fall under tech.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Let's all take a moment to realize that console's are a lot better for playing games as a party.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Let's all take a moment to realize that console's are a lot better for playing games as a party.

Smash Bros <3

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

So in your opinion do you think this forum has more PC enthusiasts or console lovers?

They are obviously a piece of tech and you clearly knew my point, stop trolling.

No, you stop. He's right you know. Discussing consoles is a very relevant subject on a tech forum.

He wasn't trolling. I hate when people call other people trolls because they think the other person is wrong. Some peple like talking about consoles. Some people like bashing consoles, like myself. Just because you don't wanna do that on a pc oriented forum doesn't mean that no one else wants to. You're ignorant and also quite unfriendly.

Excuse my poor grammar.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

So Wii U? Well at least you can make a case for that, because those games won't be on a emulator this year with higher res/AA.  ;)

Add to that Nintendo games aren't on PC, minus emulators like Dolphin. Most Xbone/ps4  games are on PC and look better. I might actually buy a Wii U. I emulate all the Wii games but I paid for them. Wii U emulation will never come. Architecture is whacky and will be 3x harder then Dolphin and it took a overclock to 4.2/4.3 before perfect emulation on my Haswell and the emulator won't work on AMD due to poor FPU. New Mario Kart looks dope, and I have always liked Nintendo games. They are just fun and like you said very fun in parties or with a few people. If they make a new Wave Race that thing will be in front of my TV the next day. Nintendo WII u hasn't been a hit but at least it offers something unique to a computer.

It'd probably take a lower spec computer "a few minutes" to install a game as well. I don't see that being a huge issue. Did you see the % of Xbox's that were affected by the disc drive issue? VERY low. It's just blown out of proportion.

They also got a free game. I doubt you'd get that if your disc drive died in your PC, would you?

I agree you don't need fancy peripherals, they're just nice. I have to pay more for mice to get a comfortable one because no one seems to make cheap mice like the FS-3 or Mionix. :(

Actually that Ghost Shark looks pretty nice. If it's soft touch. I wish it had more than 6 colors too how hard is an RGB LED!

I think it'd be better if everyone had PC's. It's just never going to happen because, unfortunately, people don't like to learn how things work. So I own both for my less tech savvy friends.

I can agree on the "many people will never have pc's" statement. Has nothing to do with cost though. It has to do with hype. Computers passed consoles long ago. I mean people laud Halo, but it was really pretty bad compared to PC fps games. This game came out in 1998 and to date is the most fun I have ever had playing a FPS. This was before aimbots and laggsta (lag switches and software varients) and controller mods and all this other silly crap. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starsiege:_Tribes

Jetpacks, bases, vehicles, different classes, deployable turrets, better netcode then BF4 on dialup (LOL). I played games better then Halo years before. To people who played PC FPS games we were like, no jetpacks, no classes, limited gameplay modes, this game is trash. You can call me an "elitist", but sorry the game just wasn't that great. Hell I think Quake 2 had better pvp then Halo. Unreal Tournament as well. There were several better games before, during and after. Goldeneye was pretty good on n64, because it was unique, but thats about it.

If anything bringing FPS games to consoles and all the "porting" has dumbed down the whole genre and made them increasingly easier and more boring to play. Adding things like healing and leveling to FPS games was stupid. They are turning FPS games into WoW. Then they segregate the population with DLC. BF4 is one of the worst FPS games I have ever played and it has to do with stagnation. The graphics are beautiful, the engine will be great when they get the problems sorted out. The game is just stale. I understand that they can't make a Tribes for consoles (control would be impossible), but these games seem to get worse and worse.

ehhhh... this isnt 12k, sorry to tell you

I know right? I'm so sick of people saying that 3x 4K screens = 12k resolution.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

I know right? I'm so sick of people saying that 3x 4K screens = 12k resolution.

I'm sick of people acting like 4 k is even possible without a 2011 socket lol. 

The only way 4 k gaming is really coming to the masses is if mantle is a huge hit and devs start programming for 60k batch counts, which is double console efficiency. Then 2 top end cards can do it and you won't need a 2011 board.

1440p is possible and getting affordable now. 4k gaming is a pipe dream as far as the masses. Good looking 1080 is very accessible and a better option then a console, since the console can't even deliver on that.

Also 4k on some old game means nothing. Do 4k on something like the frostbite engine without 4 top end video cards. Good luck with that. In 2 die shrinks on gpu's (whenever that happens) we might be able to get by on 2 cards. It ain't gonna be anytime soon though and our CPU's are already overkill. GPU's is what is holding us back.

I really hope the rigs in your profiles aren't the 3 k ones. Cus I paid under 800 for a rig that clowns them. Could you do a cinebench and add to the thread here. I mean I know my old GTX 260, you have beat when I made my post, but the total cost of my rig at that time was like 500 minus the video card I got later...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/62476-post-your-cinebench-r15-scores/page-16#entry1201595

Can't wait to see those "3000 dollar benchmarks". Thanks for helping spread the 2000-3000 dollar PC lie though. Does wonders for people thinking about building a computer. 

Also love you calling people "elitists" who are just trying to help people. Oh yeah I guess I am supposed to say "master race" to right? No thanks, I will stick with informing people that these new consoles are mediocre mobile CPU's and a underclocked 78xx 77xxx card's due to heat and that they can beat them at the same price point, or kill them for a 150 more, that they will save in a year of steam sales and free online services... 

The only way I could even spend 3 k on a gaming rig would be to buy two top end video cards, which is so far past a console they shouldn't even be compared, and a 1440p 120 HZ IPS from overlord monitors (cost a whole 500 bucks), and I don't think I would even reach 3k. It shouldn't even be compared to a console. It is a higher resolution, and on a monitor that makes any 1080p TV look like dog crap. Might as well compare a yugo to a ferrari. 

Any computer build for 1080p (like yours) costs nowhere near 3 k unless you are adding tons of SSD's and "premium" parts that do nothing for performance and are there to look good. 

no 2-3k lie, I live in Australia. 

that second system costs 2k alone due to Australian pricing which have gone down in the last year.

"helping" by telling people how to enjoy their gaming? thats not helping, people are free to choose how they game and unless they're interested in PC gaming you've no right to tell them what to purchase, you can only advise. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

no 2-3k lie, I live in Australia. 

that second system costs 2k alone due to Australian pricing which have gone down in the last year.

"helping" by telling people how to enjoy their gaming? thats not helping, people are free to choose how they game and unless they're interested in PC gaming you've no right to tell them what to purchase, you can only advise. 

Might shock you. This is PC forum. May I suggest IGN for your console needs? You can read awesome unbiased reviews there, where they give games like SWTOR a 10/10 right before they go free 2 play and predict the death of the PC as far back as 2001.

So now it is 2-3 k? It just dropped 1000 dollars, just like that huh? Is this U.S. currency? If so what does an Xbox one cost in Aus. Oh look it costs 100 dollars more.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/pdp/productID.282126700

It cost more in AUS, but 4 times as much? Please. 

http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=10809

The I5 4670k is $274.00

Here are a bunch of mini itx motherboards that will oc as well as any ROG board for around 100 bucks.

http://msy.com.au/default.jsp?category=250&page=2

http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=11953

Video card 229.00

Hell the 280x (his video card) is cheaper then it is in the United States.

http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=11662

399.00 and so much better then the console GPU you can't compare them.

3 k? That case better be 2000 dollars and gold plated. Now if the computer shops there are charging 3 k for that computer? I need to move to AUS and rip people off.