Quad SLI Titans running 3X 4k screens (console fanboys need not apply)

Fruitbooter

This is from the Nvidia booth at CES

Quad SLI Titans and 3X 4k screens running the upcoming 'project cars'

I wonder if Linus and Slick had the pleasure of checking this setup out?

Dear extremely expensive Gaming PCs,

THEY DON'T COST $6000!

@Whiskers, sort this fool out.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well, not like I will ever be able to have that kind of graphics

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

This is also proving some of the consolers' point, that PC gaming is expensive as balls.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Dear everyone (except most Canadians) lets all stop yelling at each other and be friends

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Consoles are cheaper and make couch gaming easier. Please grow up and stop being an ignorant elitist 

I could easily connect my pc to a monitor/tv in the living room and plug in a wireless controller...

edit: the device(console) is cheaper at this time. (the games on pc are cheaper + you can have better graphics)

edit2: within a year or two consoles will no longer offer decent performance for the price

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

This is about the advancement in technology not how much it costs.

The average gamer isn't going to have this setup.

I don't know why people are sticking up for consoles on a tech / PC forum anyway..I'm sure you would be more at home on IGN's Xbox one forum.

I am not building a pc for more then 3k so I will have to wait a few years for 4k...till then I will just dream. 

Consoles are cheaper and make couch gaming easier. Please grow up and stop being an ignorant elitist 

cheaper yes but how is it easier to couch game? I have a pc just for couch gaming sitting next to my consoles that are used just for exclusives. Same shit for both other then the fact that I dont have to get up and change disks all the time. 

I could easily connect my pc to a monitor/tv in the living room and plug in a wireless controller...

And then you have to configure the controls for some games and thats after having to use a mouse to launch steam, etc and thats if theres no driver issues and so forth

Am I the only one who thinks that it doesn't look that great? It looks extremely unrealistic. It may be 12k but who cares if the graphics are kinda not great? Look at the grass, trees and road for example. The grass almost looks like a solid colour. 

This is also proving some of the consolers' point, that PC gaming *at that level is expensive as balls.

While PC gaming is expensive for the most part you don't have to drop insane amounts of money to get into it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

And then you have to configure the controls for some games and thats after having to use a mouse to launch steam, etc and thats if theres no driver issues and so forth

not if I set steam to run at startup In big picture mode.

and drivers? they're either automatically installed or I'd plug em off the website.

Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Am I the only one who thinks that it doesn't look that great? It looks extremely unrealistic. It may be 12k but who cares if the graphics are kinda not great? Look at the grass, trees and road for example. The grass almost looks like a solid colour. 

it's also recorded with an other camera, at 1080p. so obviously you don't see the awesomeness

Chivalry isn't dead!

While PC gaming is expensive for the most part you don't have to drop insane amounts of money to get into it.

True, but the peasants don't know the difference between resolutions. Especially that high. Also, I heard some people at my school awe over that their new Xbone can play a game at 1080p, even though their TV is probably 720p or don't use HDMI and can't even play at 1080p

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Nope you can have Steam launch in big picture mode. Most steam games automatically detect your controller and setup the controls for you. There are very few games that don't, and those that don't are usually games that are PC exclusive and wouldn't work well with a controller, anyway.

I'm not denying that the setup for consoles is easier (almost non-existent), I'm just saying that you can have a living room gaming experience with your PC very easily. There's not much you have to do.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

True, but the peasants don't know the difference between resolutions. Especially that high. Also, I heard some people at my school awe over that their new Xbone can play a game at 1080p, even though their TV is probably 720p or don't use HDMI and can't even play at 1080p

peasants don't know anything...

Chivalry isn't dead!

Nope you can have Steam launch in big picture mode. Most steam games automatically detect your controller and setup the controls for you.

Most is not all. There's still going to be a hassle compared to the consoles plug in and play.

Most is not all. There's still going to be a hassle compared to the consoles plug in and play.

true, but then again, you can't plug a 'keyboard and mouse'/'other type of device' into a console. So consoles are more limited in terms of overall input devices.

Chivalry isn't dead!

This is about the advancement in technology not how much it costs.

The average gamer isn't going to have this setup.

I don't know why people are sticking up for consoles on a tech / PC forum anyway..I'm sure you would be more at home on IGN's Xbox one forum.

"Why are people are sticking up for consoles on a tech/ PC forum anyway.."

This is the most ironic sentence ever. Consoles are a piece of tech.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Whilst I don't agree with this guy, PC's will have this performance mainstreamed before consoles by a longshot. At some point a mid range card will have the performance of this quad sli titan rig

"Why are people are sticking up for consoles on a tech/ PC forum anyway.."

People(me) dislike(hate) consoles because they offer relatively bad peformance by today's standards(and they're not going to improve anythime soon)

It's like hating on alienware because they offer terrible 'price to performance'.

Chivalry isn't dead!

Steam Big Picture nuff said

Project Restomod (In progress)