Riley mentioned Linus's 2070 review is up on the channel, where is it ?

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Likely up on Floatplane for early access. Wait a few days and it should show up on the Youtube channel.

Edit: I believe this is the link in the video description that Riley was referring to when he said reviews for it are on the LinusTechTips site.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I know it's up on Floatplane.  I would have expected this to be a simultaneous release on YouTube... Just checked and you're right, it's not up yet.  Strange... I would assume that's a mistake but maybe they want to hold it back for some reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I know it's up on Floatplane.  I would have expected this to be a simultaneous release on YouTube... Just checked and you're right, it's not up yet.  Strange... I would assume that's a mistake but maybe they want to hold it back for some reason.

Doesn't seem that strange to me; they do it for a lot of other videos, too, in the hopes of getting people to sign up for Floatplane.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Question - Do Forum Moderators get free Floatplane access to the LTT Channel? Seems like it would be a nice gesture given the unpaid work the forum mods do, and it's not like two dozen free memberships is going to hurt Floatplane/LTT in revenue or data bandwidth...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, WereCatf said:

Doesn't seem that strange to me; they do it for a lot of other videos, too, in the hopes of getting people to sign up for Floatplane.

They do it for most videos.  By default, they will always do it unless it's "time sensitive" material, which this is.  Generally reviews are always simultaneous releases.

Just now, Spotty said:

Question - Do Forum Moderators get free Floatplane access to the LTT Channel? Seems like it would be a nice gesture given the unpaid work the forum mods do, and it's not like two dozen free memberships is going to hurt Floatplane/LTT in revenue or data bandwidth...

yes

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

i remember Linus saying reviews such as those will be released at the same time, it's weird that a review of a major card is held back 7 days, especially since all the youtube tech channels has theirs and Linus's channel doesn't

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

i remember Linus saying reviews such as those will be released at the same time, it's weird that a review of a major card is held back 7 days, especially since all the youtube tech channels has theirs and Linus's channel doesn't

Maybe someone just forgot to make it public on their channel, then? I could totally see someone forgetting something like that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

I think lately Linus has been a bit rebellious when it comes to Nvidia, and other companies in general, with their silly product launches and NDA periods; with their separate unboxing embargoes and review embargoes, as well as other restrictions, all designed trying to ensure they get multiple videos from youtubers stretched out over a few days/weeks for the same product as an attempt to get extra exposure and hype for their product, as well as keep their product in the spotlight for longer. The latter is strongly suspected to be the reason why Nvidia has traditionally staggered the launch of their video card releases, starting with the X80, then a month later the X70, then month later the X60, etc - all as an attempt to keep "Check out this new video card from NVIDIA - Just buy it!" in the headlines for as long as possible.

Wouldn't surprise me if LTT just decided "Bugger it, we will release our video when we want to release it". From recent videos and WAN shows Linus/LTT seems to be a bit sick of effectively acting as an unpaid marketing department for the companies releasing a bunch of separate videos on a new product to the companies NDA/marketing schedule. I think this is why LTT didn't make separate videos for a dedicated unboxing video for the Ryzen 2990WX(?) as well as a dedicated unboxing video for the RTX cards that most other Techtubers did. Their RTX 2080/2080ti videos were also released to Youtube a bit later than videos from GN, Bitwit, etc.

As an example of the issue techtubers are facing with these silly NDAs and embargoes, Paul's Hardware touched on it briefly at the start of his dedicated unboxing video...

@LinusTech Your thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I think lately Linus has been a bit rebellious when it comes to Nvidia, and other companies in general, with their silly product launches and NDA periods; with their separate unboxing embargoes and review embargoes, as well as other restrictions, all designed trying to ensure they get multiple videos from youtubers stretched out over a few days/weeks for the same product as an attempt to get extra exposure and hype for their product, as well as keep their product in the spotlight for longer. The latter is strongly suspected to be the reason why Nvidia has traditionally staggered the launch of their video card releases, starting with the X80, then a month later the X70, then month later the X60, etc - all as an attempt to keep "Check out this new video card from NVIDIA - Just buy it!" in the headlines for as long as possible.

if that was the case he wouldn't also have not released the review on floatplane when the embargo lifted. 
he can do whatever he wants, my quarry was that why would he make a major review a 7 days exclusive video. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

There is no S after an S, its Linus' not Linus's, I used to do the same thing.

I dont see that video

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I dont see that video

English is not my first langue, so wouldn't know. I assumed Tom and Tom's video was the proper grammar. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

49 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I dont see that video

Being that picky is silly. It's not even an agreed upon rule. https://www.dailywritingtips.com/possessive-of-proper-names-ending-in-s/

37 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

English is not my first langue, so wouldn't know. I assumed Tom and Tom's video was the proper grammar. 

English grammar is a mess, as I'm sure you've discovered. It's so confusing that different text books sometimes disagree. Some people say that, if the name already ends in an "s", you don't add an extra "'s" after the apostrophe.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

I think lately Linus has been a bit rebellious when it comes to Nvidia, and other companies in general, with their silly product launches and NDA periods;

@LinusTech

Reminds me of every week on the WAN Show (or at least the episodes he's in). When people start asking him to discuss certain topics, he avoids them for as long as possible.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Well its just proper english to type or write it Linus'

but it doesnt matter either way. Light commentary.

thought people learning english want to learn the proper way, but it doesnt matter.

Its the internet age after all

LOLOL on resume.

The way FP title for video is, I think Linus is expecting to gain view for just making CLICKBAIT version of it. The current is "Should YOU buy RTX2070?". I can already see CLICKBAIT version "WHY WOULD ANYONE!!!!111 BUY THIS GPU????" or "DON'T BUY THIS CRAPPY GPU!!!!111". Good way to piss off Nvidia and gain reputation/viewers at the same time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Essentially, we received our card ~18 hours before the review embargo lifted. We weren't able to hit embargo so we took a bit more time with it, and in the "embargoed review" game, there's not a huge amount of difference between a few hours late and a day late. So we just decided to give it a short release window (1 day exclusive on FP rather than 7) and publish to FP on 10/17, YT 10/18.

Riley probably saw the FP marker on the calendar when he was writing the TechLinked script & assumed that it was coming to both yesterday.