rcmaehl
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Reminder to keep this non-political

1 hour ago, rcmaehl said:

4chan was never good

Disgusting...

39 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

you're just a normie

^This is what killed it, Reddit and Tumblr shit like this... No personal offence intended friend :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Just now, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Disgusting...

^This is what killed it, Reddit and Tumblr shit like this... No personal offence intended friend :)

Yeah nothing to do with joke Nazis eventually turning into actual Nazis I am sure that wouldn't polarize most people and lead them to get the fuck out of the site asap.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah nothing to do with joke Nazis eventually turning into actual Nazis I am sure that wouldn't polarize most people and lead them to get the fuck out of the site asap.

Guess that can't be said for everyone right? Some people take a joke too far I guess, others just don't give a fuck...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

52 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

You have substantial reason not to trust either: Breitbart has been caught blatantly lying numerous times to the point they can only be characterized as propaganda.

I am sure you're not interested at all in watching somebody who has thoroughly debunked your video source multiple times with great effect plus you're already quite off topic but for the benefit of the rest of the thread: No, Breitbart is not at all a reliable source, not even to just state their opinionated bias version of an event they do manipulate the actual news with colossal omission to the point it can only be characterizing as lying.

Hide contents

Who debunked the Black Pigeon Speaks video? I would love to see someone debate or debunk him. Please link.

How the flying f*** is it off topic btw? I literally linked to a video specifically about Google censorship, which is the topic of this thread?

I dont read Breitbart myself, so i dont really know if theyre propaganda. I was just saying that Google is extremely biased and definitely pushes false narratives and propaganda.

"just state their opinionated bias version of an event they do manipulate the actual news with colossal omission to the point it can only be characterizing as lying." 

So youre saying theyre exactly like all mainstream media platforms then?

3 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Who debunked the Black Pigeon Speaks video? I would love to see someone debate or debunk him. Please link.

How the flying f*** is it off topic btw? Its literally a video about Google censorship, which is the topic of this thread?

I dont read Breitbart myself, so i dont really know if theyre propaganda. I was just saying that Google is extremely biased and definitely pushes false narratives and propaganda.

Shaun did, on that video that I specifically quoted: Black Pidgeon Speaks reported on outdated news far after corrections crucial to his point were readily available but Shaun has also done multiple videos focusing exclusively on points brought up by BPS.

As for the rest of it that's fair enough: I offer no different opinion on Google other than the one I expressed earlier in the thread (I believe that Google will adopt whatever political affiliation suits them at that moment to keep their money groovey train going but this is not out of political conviction but just corporate self interest).

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

So youre saying theyre exactly like all mainstream media platforms then?

They are worse, much worse. 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

25 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Fair enough, the two words are often used interchangeably. I don't think any country has what you'd call a democracy by the word's dictionary definition.

Well, system of US and Europe is called indirect Democracy in many cases.

I prefer Nordic country system (and some other European countries) much better than US system. The thing I put as the worst outcome of the US system in my opinion is that its basically only two political parties that matter much.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

27 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Disgusting...

MFW no face

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

MFW no face

Son I am Dissapoint

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

https://unfollo.com/read-blog/1_facebook-just-targeted-and-purged-over-800-pages-and-accounts-with-millions-of-f.html

Looks like Facebook and Twitter are on another massive ban wave which shoukd distract nicely from this google leak.

I read that article and it's nothing but hyperbolic, purposefully misleading spin.  It conveniently omits the actual reason Facebook took down those pages and accounts: they were using loads of fake accounts to spam stories, including, yes, fake news.  This was not some horrific censorship ploy, it was just an attempt to cut back on people violating policies to spam their work and make ad revenue.  Please don't read that site ever again.

And to answer an earlier question: Breitbart is nothing but propaganda.  It has repeatedly posted known false stories to do things like stir islamophobia.  You can never trust it for any reason.

Also, something tells me Google isn't losing much sleep over this non-scandal in the first place, so I don't think it needs to breathe a sigh of relief.

14 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I read that article and it's nothing but hyperbolic, purposefully misleading spin.  It conveniently omits the actual reason Facebook took down those pages and accounts: they were using loads of fake accounts to spam stories, including, yes, fake news.  This was not some horrific censorship ploy, it was just an attempt to cut back on people violating policies to spam their work and make ad revenue.  Please don't read that site ever again.

And to answer an earlier question: Breitbart is nothing but propaganda.  It has repeatedly posted known false stories to do things like stir islamophobia.  You can never trust it for any reason.

Also, something tells me Google isn't losing much sleep over this non-scandal in the first place, so I don't think it needs to breathe a sigh of relief.

So its as fake as the SPLC moderated social media propagandists or legacy media like MSNBC or CNN?

And of course its just bots... totally not people whose opinions are different from Zuck, Dorsey et al.

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

then don't go to /pol/ if you can't stand the average internet denizen

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Guess that can't be said for everyone right? Some people take a joke too far I guess, others just don't give a fuck...

^this

plus nobody forces you to enter a thread 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

So its as fake as the SPLC moderated social media propagandists or legacy media like MSNBC or CNN?

And of course its just bots... totally not people whose opinions are different from Zuck, Dorsey et al.

Er, no.  MSNBC and CNN may have their spins, but they don't post out-and-out false stories.  I know you're determined to equivocate so you can pretend you're a counterculture rebel, but they still maintain basic standards.

And on the fake account/spam front: for goodness' sake, in this last instance even the junk peddlers at Unfollo acknowledge the politics of the affected accounts were across the spectrum.  The only common thread is that they were using fake accounts and spamming bogus stories.

10 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Er, no.  MSNBC and CNN may have their spins, but they don't post out-and-out false stories.  I know you're determined to equivocate so you can pretend you're a counterculture rebel, but they still maintain basic standards.

And on the fake account/spam front: for goodness' sake, in this last instance even the junk peddlers at Unfollo acknowledge the politics of the affected accounts were across the spectrum.  The only common thread is that they were using fake accounts and spamming bogus stories.

CNN & MSNBC just spent the last two days in racist diatribes against Kanye West. You might want to think long & hard before you continue down this path of attempting to defend "Hands Up, Don't Shoot".

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

CNN & MSNBC just spent the last two days in racist diatribes against Kanye West. You might want to think long & hard before you continue down this path of attempting to defend "Hands Up, Don't Shoot".

To quote resident host Don Lemon, to CNN, Kanye's a "token negro" for conservatives.

And if you take three seconds to search for it on YouTube, you can see him making use of the N-word on live television!

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

23 hours ago, toor said:

Why the disclaimer at the top all the sudden?  The article is about censorship, oddly enough by doing that @Crunchy Dragon  you're giving a perfect example of what's wrong with the Internet.  There hasn't been anything uncivil discussed.

I think you grossly misunderstand the point of the disclaimer.

Either that, or you just haven't been a member long enough to know how any of these politically charged threads end up.

The short answer is that they almost almost devolve into a political flame war, with different people taking sides and slinging mud at each other.

The disclaimer was simply that: keep your personal political opinion out of it, and discuss the facts of the story. It's not some grand conspiracy by the mods, nor is it "virtue signalling". It's them saving themselves time by reminding people to obey the forum rules.

17 hours ago, asus killer said:

unfortanetly there is no viable alternative to Google (the search engine). 

You can use iOS but that's just changing one evil for another.

DuckDuckGo.com

You're welcome.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

37 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

This is veering too explicitly into purely political territory (I probably shouldn't have even brought up what I did).  All I'll say is that those accusations are based in spin, not reality.

As for my opinion on the tech side of things: I don't see any real evidence that Facebook, Google et. al. are letting their political leanings affect actual content removal.  One of the greatest myths pushed by the "censorship!" camp is that neutrality means purging content on roughly similar ratios, as if everyone is either equally guilty or equally innocent.  That's not how it works.  Like it or not, most fake news and Russian bots skews conservative.

34 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Yeah basic standards... VERY basic.

7 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Yeah basic standards... VERY basic.

That's... not the same as peddling outright false stories.  Also, can we get back to something closer to the actual tech angle before this thread gets locked?

11 minutes ago, Commodus said:

This is veering too explicitly into purely political territory (I probably shouldn't have even brought up what I did).  All I'll say is that those accusations are based in spin, not reality.

As for my opinion on the tech side of things: I don't see any real evidence that Facebook, Google et. al. are letting their political leanings affect actual content removal.  One of the greatest myths pushed by the "censorship!" camp is that neutrality means purging content on roughly similar ratios, as if everyone is either equally guilty or equally innocent.  That's not how it works.  Like it or not, most fake news and Russian bots skews conservative.

In the "here's your news before it happens", expect a full court press among the Leftwing news organizations, which is most of them, in favor of deep consequences against Saudi Arabia for the supposed killing of a journalist. This will be their diversion story away from "Who was taking money from FusionGPS to plant stories?", "We knew since early 2017 that the Steele report was fake & used for illegal spying but we needed to hurt Trump with it" and "We help cover for Silicon Valley as they censor anyone that doesn't agree with us 100% but the same group of 200 people control all of the media companies". 

That's what this is all about. It's Gatekeeping. The post-WW2 Media World was always controlled for very explicit purposes. (Media was harder to control before that, but some regions were completely controlled.) Social Media, inadvertently, destroyed the Gatekeeping approaches and all of the interconnected power players are desperate to reestablish that control. If people can suddenly freely associate and get the information they want, a lot of people aren't just looking quite a lot worse prospects than just losing their jobs. 

23 minutes ago, Commodus said:

That's... not the same as peddling outright false stories.  Also, can we get back to something closer to the actual tech angle before this thread gets locked?

Yeah how Google and the rest of silicon valley is pushing their agenda by censoring specific viewpoints?

Their leaked memos and insiders spilling the beans isnt exactly news to people who pay even a little bit of attention.

Youtube literally uses the SPLC as trusted flaggers to censor people they disagree with. It doesnt get any more biased and fake than that.

12 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

In the "here's your news before it happens", expect a full court press among the Leftwing news organizations, which is most of them, in favor of deep consequences against Saudi Arabia for the supposed killing of a journalist. This will be their diversion story away from "Who was taking money from FusionGPS to plant stories?", "We knew since early 2017 that the Steele report was fake & used for illegal spying but we needed to hurt Trump with it" and "We help cover for Silicon Valley as they censor anyone that doesn't agree with us 100% but the same group of 200 people control all of the media companies". 

That's what this is all about. It's Gatekeeping. The post-WW2 Media World was always controlled for very explicit purposes. (Media was harder to control before that, but some regions were completely controlled.) Social Media, inadvertently, destroyed the Gatekeeping approaches and all of the interconnected power players are desperate to reestablish that control. If people can suddenly freely associate and get the information they want, a lot of people aren't just looking quite a lot worse prospects than just losing their jobs. 

I'm just going to ignore you in this thread.  You're pushing already discredited, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and refusing to add a real tech angle.

9 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I'm just going to ignore you in this thread.  You're pushing already discredited, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and refusing to add a real tech angle.

Except that he isnt. If its discredited, link to something remotely credible that discredits it.

The tech angle is that these mega corporations that have huge influence on peoples ability to view information are actively pushing their agenda on users who are largely unaware that they are being fed propaganda and having things censored from their searches.

I was trying to find some videos i watched about the youtube purge and guess what! Theyre deleted from youtube!

Youre literally appealling to that mentality right now. You cant back up your point and you basically say "wellll youre wrong and i have the last word because, even though i dragged the thread off topic, im going to say that i cant back up my plsition because jt would ve too off topic to do so." Thats the same justification used by Google using the SPLC trusted flaggers to purge yt of stuff they ideologically disagree with.

Google and Twitters CEOs lost the ideological battle, so its time to burn books and go full censorship mode in the hope that sheeple will go back to being brainwashed zombies.