HOW CAN I LEARN CODING OR NETWOKRING STUFF Fast?

WolfLoverPro

I mean 

recently like 5 months ago 

I youtubed

how to learn c++

WATCHED like idk. 2 hours of it 

didn’t get it really? I mean he was good at explaining but idk I mean I guess I never bothered kinda

now I havnt tried I’ve forgot literally everything 

it’s just idk how to learn it 

oh btw 

for free 

i mean a person explains what to type as in the code stuff but I still don’t get cuz if I was to go code somthing I wouldn’t know how to start so yeah

any way to learn to code fast?

as in

first language to learn wich wil then make me faster at others?

ok i guess I should say fast but in general how can I learn the best way ?

is there a good first language or what is the best language ? Help me

You'll have to put in some sort of effort. I can offer to teach, since I know C, Java, and a few others. But, I won't let you get away with just basics if you learn from me ;) 

2 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

You'll have to put in some sort of effort. I can offer to teach, since I know C, Java, and a few others. But, I won't let you get away with just basics if you learn from me ;) 

Id like to get into coding as well as I’m 99% sure that’s whats gonna be involved in my future occupation but I don’t really know where to start and college is quite far away :P

poop

Could you please write normally?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

I mean recently like 5 months ago I youtubed how to learn c++ WATCHED like idk. 2 hours of it didn’t get it really? I mean he was good at explaining but idk I mean I guess I never bothered kinda now I havnt tried I’ve forgot literally everything it’s just idk how to learn it oh btw for free i mean a person explains what to type as in the code stuff but I still don’t get cuz if I was to go code somthing I wouldn’t know how to start so yeah any way to learn to code fast? as in first language to learn wich wil then make me faster at others? ok i guess I should say fast but in general how can I learn the best way ? is there a good first language or what is the best language ? Help me

There's no fast/easy way to learn it, and it depends on how you learn.

Programming takes a lot of time to 'learn'. I've been learning Java for 2-3 years and still have a ton to learn.
Your best bet is to take a class to get you going in the right direction, or use something like http://codecademy.com/. I don't personally like codecademy, though I know that's not true for everyone.

Different languages are good for different things. If there's something specific you want to be able to do, please share.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Barnacules Nerdgasm offers a C# series he calls Codegasm. I used it to get my feet wet in C#.

As for networking. Do you learn better from books or playing with the hardware? I'm not lucky enough to learn much from sitting in a classroom for 2&1/2 hours listening to chapter material and reading class books. The only way I learn anything and retain it is by getting my hands in it.

Being able to keep yourself motivated to repeatedly study and practice. Once you understand some key concept, try incorporating it into a simple project with a small scope. Even if it is boring at first, it will help you ensure you actually understand what you're reading/listening to.

I have bought a few books, I watch YouTube videos and I have a few podcasts. I keep a note taking app handy so I can quickly write down when at work. It is slow, but every bit of progress is gratifying.

If you're goal is to learn fast and be great, you'll probably fail. Keep in mind you're asking to how to learn a programming language. You didn't instantly learn English. It was gradual and most builds upon previous knowledge. Start small, keep it consistent.

Professor Messer on YouTube has Networking specific topics.

Edited by Gikero
Edited to expand

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

23 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

is there a good first language or what is the best language ?

It depends on what you are trying to achieve.

C++ is quite difficult to learn, it's like trying to learn to drive heavy haul trucks, when you should start by learning to drive regular cars and go from there.

I would suggest starting with a more "relaxed" programming language like PHP, or maybe Python, maybe even C#  - for all you should be able to easily find some books in the "for beginners" category, not quite like the "for dummies" series but something a bit higher quality than that.

If you're serious you learn the basic concepts, like variables, data types, functions, and programming notions like if then else  or while some condition is met then do something, repeat this stuff until something happens

Once you have a grasp on these, then you can advance to some stricter programming languages, or more difficult languages like C++

Programming is not something you can learn by watching a few hours of Youtube, you'd probably be better off reading books and actually TRYING the examples (and messing around with the examples) after each lesson by yourself even if you think you understood the lesson

Why do people want the fast way? The easy way is not the best oftentimes

You just sit and code things ad infinitum

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You can learn the basics of software development through coding over a weekend if you get a book or go to a website that has tutorials. Though this will just get you the basics and the programs you'll be making are very simple and not very useful

If you want to learn anything beyond that, you're going to have to put a lot more effort into it.  And it could take months before you're ready for something more complex.

1 hour ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Yeah sure 

I mean I can pay you........

£0.00 xD 

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Yeah sure 

I mean I can pay you........

£0.00 xD 

Fine by me - I never asked for payment xD 

1 minute ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Fine by me - I never asked for payment xD 

Ok ¯\_( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)_/¯

i mean how’s it even possible for you to tell me how to code unless u have a YouTube or somthing  online ebooks i guess

and you said I’m not allowed to run away with basics ? ┬┴┤( ͡⚆ل͜├┬┴┬ what if I give up on you cuz I’m know to well not give up but I always think every I do is bad or wrong lol

Well, I can use Discord. Doesn't have to be in video format. Also, why would you give up now? You haven't even started yet...

6 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Well, I can use Discord. Doesn't have to be in video format. Also, why would you give up now? You haven't even started yet...

Lol

no I mean like well idk how long it will take wether it’s weeks or days I don’t care 

I mean I tend to always tell myself I’m wrong or doing it bad 

what’s ur time because I’m in uk so like I’ll be more active at uh

5pm to uhhh whenever I gotta Bed normally 2 am 

but I guess if ur us then idk time

I am on summer hours until this August (weekday availability from 10000-1600 EST). Is that goo? Also, don't talk yourself down - I'm sure you better than you give yourself credit for :) 

11 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Ok ¯\_( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)_/¯

i mean how’s it even possible for you to tell me how to code unless u have a YouTube or somthing  online ebooks i guess

and you said I’m not allowed to run away with basics ? ┬┴┤( ͡⚆ل͜├┬┴┬ what if I give up on you cuz I’m know to well not give up but I always think every I do is bad or wrong lol

Here's a tip

See

1. Amazon com > books > programming languages

2. Amazon.com > books > programming

pick your programming language, pick the difficulty (for beginners, for beginner-advanced etc), look at what has best reviews considering the target audience of the book

Then buy the book or LOAN it from library or RENT it  (and make paper copies if you want and return it)  or search for it (torrents, dc++, newsgroups)

See for example http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ - search engine for books, enter there for example python and see how many results you get

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Here's a tip

See

1. Amazon com > books > programming languages

2. Amazon.com > books > programming

pick your programming language, pick the difficulty (for beginners, for beginner-advanced etc), look at what has best reviews considering the target audience of the book

Then buy the book or LOAN it from library or RENT it  (and make paper copies if you want and return it)  or search for it (torrents, dc++, newsgroups)

See for example http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ - search engine for books, enter there for example python and see how many results you get

Um yeah but I can’t buy anything I dont wanna pay cuz I’m well a cheap nugger 

i would if if I can I mean I have 12 in my gift card but I don’t wanna waste it lol

7 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

I am on summer hours until this August (weekday availability from 10000-1600 EST). Is that goo? Also, don't talk yourself down - I'm sure you better than you give yourself credit for :) 

I think so if not I’ll just stay up until 5 am like normal anyway

Just now, WolfLoverPro said:

Um yeah but I can’t buy anything I dont wanna pay cuz I’m well a cheap nugger 

i would if if I can I mean I have 12 in my gift card but I don’t wanna waste it lol

Then see the last link in my comment, it's search engine and you can download most stuff