How to get the community's opinion about my idea without getting it stealed?

Laniakea

I have an idea, plan, invention, sort of... But how do I get people's opinion, their suggestions without my idea being stealed??? Do I get a patent??? I mean the idea is even not setteled yet so I can't. And not even mentioning that I absoloudley don't have money for that. Like a new thing in nanotechnology or or something about passanger planes that a plane company can easily implement and won't even hesitate. Rain your thoughts!! It can be an important topic.

If it's a solution to a problem, ask people if they experience the problem and if they would want a solution. Include vague details that may help if you want.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, 2FA said:

If it's a solution to a problem, ask people if they experience the problem and if they would want a solution. Include vague details that may help if you want.

No it's an invention, like iphone 1 or PC. How do I do that?

Just now, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

No it's an invention, like iphone 1 or PC. How do I do that?

Depending on complexity, it would be hard to replicate unless you got really detailed.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 4/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, 2FA said:

Depending on complexity, it would be hard to replicate unless you got really detailed.

Or think of it like inventing the touchscreen. They'll make it around and eventually it will become stolen.

If I say "hey I have an idea, you will be able to use your computer without the need of a mouse but I don't wanna give so many details." they will invest in that technological area and workaround it like they invented it. Hopefully I made it clear.

get a copyright law or have proof you came up with it, this happened to the game Exploding Kittens they posted to Go fund me if I'm correct the game HAHA exploded and someone filed copyright, the only reason they got it back was because they had proof they had come up with the idea before the copyright was filed

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

At least in the USA, copyright and patent protect different things. Your idea could be copyrighted so even if someone makes a product based on the idea they either have to buy the copyright or pay you.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

get a copyright law or have proof you came up with it, this happened to the game Exploding Kittens they posted to Go fund me if I'm correct the game HAHA exploded and someone filed copyright, the only reason they got it back was because they had proof they had come up with the idea before the copyright was filed

How do I get a copyright of a thing that doesn't exist?? And money for copyright though I talked about it. It is a concept, not a thing yet. Like if I say I will invent a thing that can fly, has two wings and can carry people but I'm not sure about the details, how does it work?

2 minutes ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

How do I get a copyright of a thing that doesn't exist?? And money for copyright though I talked about it. It is a concept, not a thing yet. Like if I say I will invent a thing that can fly, has two wings and can carry people but I'm not sure about the details, how does it work?

You need to submit the right paperwork including very detailed descriptions of how everything works. That's why it would be a good idea to have someone that knows copyright laws help you.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

https://goodinaroom.com/blog/how-to-copyright-protect-your-ideas/ 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Razor Blade said:

You need to submit the right paperwork including very detailed descriptions of how everything works. That's why it would be a good idea to have someone that knows copyright laws help you.

That was very helpful thanks :)

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I'll ofcourse google what copyright is if the right thing is to start with a copyright. I just want to open a topic in this forum or like write an article about it and communicate with people. Is the copyright ultimade solution? And the only one?

1 hour ago, 2FA said:

Start with this.  Once you have a small group of people that seem knowledgeable about the basic subject or show particular interest in the basic idea, then you can contact them with a private message and exchange an NDA.  This is the only way be to completely sure without going through the hassle of a patent or a copyright.

(As @AshleyAshes alluded to above, copyrights and patents have specific uses, though there is some overlap.  When it comes to inventions, copyrights are generally only useful for a specific implementation (for instance: a tire tread pattern can not be patented as it would infringe on the tire patent, but the tread pattern can be copyrighted).  A patent would be used for the first/more generalized invention.  Bottom line: if you get the people involved on an NDA, you can deal with the patent later.)

44 minutes ago, Blasteque said:

Start with this.  Once you have a small group of people that seem knowledgeable about the basic subject or show particular interest in the basic idea, then you can contact them with a private message and exchange an NDA.  This is the only way be to completely sure without going through the hassle of a patent or a copyright.

(As @AshleyAshes alluded to above, copyrights and patents have specific uses, though there is some overlap.  When it comes to inventions, copyrights are generally only useful for a specific implementation (for instance: a tire tread pattern can not be patented as it would infringe on the tire patent, but the tread pattern can be copyrighted).  A patent would be used for the first/more generalized invention.  Bottom line: if you get the people involved on an NDA, you can deal with the patent later.)

The bad thing is that people that would look knowledgeable about that subject are only gonna be scientists, or have a lot of experience about nanotechnology. And I think it is a new thing too, soo go patent?

Kid that's not how inventing works.  You don't come up with a "nanotechnology" concept and claim its the next sliced bread and that everyone's going to steal it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 minute ago, Yoinkerman said:

Kid that's not how inventing works.  You don't come up with a "nanotechnology" concept and claim its the next sliced bread and that everyone's going to steal it.

I'm sure you don't know what I'm thinking about so I don't blame you :)

I'm gonna be honest with you, and you wont like it; unless you're loaded, don't bother. 

Lets assume your idea is new, unpatented and groundbreaking; can you afford to get it patented? Figure between $10,000 and $20,000 to get a patent. And if you can afford to get it patented, can you afford to defend it when someone with virtually unlimited resources decides to build it anyway? If you answered either of the previous questions with "no," you shouldn't bother. I'm sorry but if your idea is truly revolutionary, and large corporations can develop and sell your idea, they will do so. Your patent will not stop anyone. 

The company I work for (and most other reasonably large companies) has an entire department dedicated purely to patenting anything and everything that the engineers like myself do to our products. If you're not prepared to defend your patent against a company with seemingly unlimited legal resources, you will lose, even if you do have the legal rights to it. I'm sorry, but it is what it is. 

IMHO getting a patent on your own as a private entity is almost always a waste of time and money. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@AshleyAshes If there is a design or product then they could file for a patent. Otherwise not really sure how just an idea could be patented... that's the only reason I was suggesting copyright.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

You're talking about nanotechnology and planes. Don't know what idea you have, but they already have something like this.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

@Real_PhillBert said pretty much exactly what I was thinking as I read through this. Don't bother, for his exact reasons. Plus unless you have very specific ideas, that are immediately actionable, it's not worth it. Not only that, lots of people patent something only to have someone alter it slightly, a lot of times in a better way, and sell more copies making yours obsolete. Or they manufacture it in China and sell it worldwide. There's so many shortfalls.

Not only that, stealed isn't a word. Something to consider before you go off trying to patent things. ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

you could just get everyone to pinky swear they wont steal your idea

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

On 25.04.2018 at 10:26 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm gonna be honest with you, and you wont like it; unless you're loaded, don't bother. 

Lets assume your idea is new, unpatented and groundbreaking; can you afford to get it patented? Figure between $10,000 and $20,000 to get a patent. And if you can afford to get it patented, can you afford to defend it when someone with virtually unlimited resources decides to build it anyway? If you answered either of the previous questions with "no," you shouldn't bother. I'm sorry but if your idea is truly revolutionary, and large corporations can develop and sell your idea, they will do so. Your patent will not stop anyone. 

The company I work for (and most other reasonably large companies) has an entire department dedicated purely to patenting anything and everything that the engineers like myself do to our products. If you're not prepared to defend your patent against a company with seemingly unlimited legal resources, you will lose, even if you do have the legal rights to it. I'm sorry, but it is what it is. 

IMHO getting a patent on your own as a private entity is almost always a waste of time and money. 

I agree with your opinion, yeah sady everything you said is true. But I mean then, I'm gonna say what can I do life is still going and smile :)

On 26.04.2018 at 6:26 AM, NumLock21 said:

You're talking about nanotechnology and planes. Don't know what idea you have, but they already have something like this.

I purposely tried to pick unrelated words :) It worked so, It doesn't have a fingerprint of my idea.

And one last question guys, what will happen if I make this idea into a funding project like indiegogo or kickstarter? 100% certainty that it will get stolen, I guess... How do I take off with little to no money? Not manufacturing, just research and development.

8 minutes ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

And one last question guys, what will happen if I make this idea into a funding project like indiegogo or kickstarter? 100% certainty that it will get stolen, I guess... How do I take off with little to no money? Not manufacturing, just research and development.

You cant, if you have a great idea patent it and sell it, 

4 hours ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

Make sure your idea is good enough for people to spend money buying it, then put it on a crowdfunding website. I can guarantee that nobody is going to steal your idea. Finally, once you have enough money, how will you develop it? Since you're 16 years old, I'm positive that you don't have the required equipment to research and develop nanotechnology.

Also, stop worrying that someone will steal your idea as soon as you mention it and immediately make millions of dollars. This is the internet, where nobody gives a shit about what others do or think of.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16