How to get the community's opinion about my idea without getting it stealed?

Laniakea

An idea isn't worth squat until you make something happen with it. If you have plans for a product, draw them up, timestamp everything, check out some of those things like Invent Help that George Foreman always advertises on TV. Keep records upon records of everything so you can prove you created it first.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I thought of something. If you don't have any capital, how do you plan to obtain a patent? It's not uncommon for patent applications to cost up to and over $10,000.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

25 minutes ago, 2FA said:

I thought of something. If you don't have any capital, how do you plan to obtain a patent? It's not uncommon for patent applications to cost up to and over $10,000.

Agreed on the cost.

The other thing to add onto the cost is a patent search which can be a couple thousand dollars and makes sure your idea isn't already patented or too similar and makes sure it's worthwhile to move forward.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

19 hours ago, thegreengamers said:

Make sure your idea is good enough for people to spend money buying it, then put it on a crowdfunding website. I can guarantee that nobody is going to steal your idea. Finally, once you have enough money, how will you develop it? Since you're 16 years old, I'm positive that you don't have the required equipment to research and develop nanotechnology.

Also, stop worrying that someone will steal your idea as soon as you mention it and immediately make millions of dollars. This is the internet, where nobody gives a shit about what others do or think of.

My idea is in a form of a concept, not a product, so I would have to implument it into something to get funded? And I'm 17 and a half so when ideas, plans and everything settled I will be 18 for sure. I guess when ur over 18 years oıld, no worries? :D so that's what people think right. I'm not aiming to get millions of dollars right of the bat but gradually work my way up to building a soilid base for a good future.

19 hours ago, Lurick said:

An idea isn't worth squat until you make something happen with it. If you have plans for a product, draw them up, timestamp everything, check out some of those things like Invent Help that George Foreman always advertises on TV. Keep records upon records of everything so you can prove you created it first.

Yeah I thought of keeping records by shouting it everywhere but wouldn't it be dangerous? Sure it is a good trick but not the one that you would go for.

19 hours ago, 2FA said:

Yeah that patent thing will have to be done another time...

19 hours ago, Lurick said:

Agreed on the cost.

The other thing to add onto the cost is a patent search which can be a couple thousand dollars and makes sure your idea isn't already patented or too similar and makes sure it's worthwhile to move forward.

I'm sure it is.

I personally would go about it like this:

1. Government grant to fund research and development.
  2. Copyright to prevent idea from being directly stolen.
  3. Patent to prevent product from being stolen.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

...There is no copyright on an 'Idea'... o.O  Why do people in this thread keep bringing up copyright???

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah I plan to do that goverment thing if it works here :D 

Just now, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

Yeah I plan to do that goverment thing if it works here :D 

You'd need to come up with some really detailed plans and things to show them if you do apply for a grant as well, so be prepared for that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

1- good luck with that in this country 

2- you cant copyright an idea, its called patenting.

3- I am a translator and the we get to translate quite a bit of patent applications and I can tell you that over last 20 applications I translated none of them got accepted.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

You'd need to come up with some really detailed plans and things to show them if you do apply for a grant as well, so be prepared for that.

I'm getting detailed about the thing in my head every day improving it, if I find a nice solid support one day I'll make the paperwork hopefully :)

great having an idea, but there are no lightweight programs to protect it.

thoughts, ideas, material items use a patent process.

utility: protection on how an item is used and works

design: is a 'looks'/ornamentation appearence

you' start with a basic idea, push it through the process and any amendments can be added later (if granted pending).

Well... the right to an idea is not absolute. I mean automobile is an invention but no body owns the right to the idea of a an automobile, just the techonology. This is why there are so many car makers today

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 minutes ago, wasab said:

Well... the right to an idea is not absolute. I mean automobile is an invention but no body owns the right to the idea of a an automobile, just the techonology. This is why there are so many car makers today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_B._Selden

Actually the Automobile was patented in 1895 though it was ultimately that patent, after many royalties were collected, was eliminated in 1911 after challenges by many automakers.

It's also important to note that patents are NOT long lasting.  Patents normally last ONLY 20 years and from then on they become public domain.  Literally all of the of technologies we enjoy today were patented but eventually entered the public domain.  This is even where 'generic' prescriptions come from, once their patents expire, any one can manufacture them.

While patent extensions do exist they are pretty uncommon and patent terms should not be confused with copyright terms which currently last some 70 years after the death of the creator in the United States, and a minimum of 50 years in any signatory nation of the Berne Convention.  (Yes, any creative work produced in the United States could become public domain in Canada 20 years before it would enter public domain in The United States itself)

Another example would be Nintendo clones.  While the hardware of the Nintendo and Super Nintendo were patented, those patents expired after 20 years each an we saw a huge influx if Nintendo hardware clones that could be openly sold without Nintendo having any legal options to stop their manufacture once the designs were public domain.

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

...There is no copyright on an 'Idea'... o.O  Why do people in this thread keep bringing up copyright???

Because they know nothing about copyright except from media :)

But you can have an idea of it by finding your target audience, how much you think people are willing to pay for it and how much it cost to produce

If you really thing it's a good idea that it gonna be instantly stolen then invest money and time in it

On 4/27/2018 at 11:00 AM, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

How to get the community's opinion about my idea without getting it stealed?

How to get the community's opinion about my idea without getting it STOLEN?

Not much you can do, because anyone can do anything they want, and keep on doing it.

Its up to you to hire expensive lawyers and go to court.

On 29.04.2018 at 2:02 AM, AshleyAshes said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_B._Selden

Actually the Automobile was patented in 1895 though it was ultimately that patent, after many royalties were collected, was eliminated in 1911 after challenges by many automakers.

It's also important to note that patents are NOT long lasting.  Patents normally last ONLY 20 years and from then on they become public domain.  Literally all of the of technologies we enjoy today were patented but eventually entered the public domain.  This is even where 'generic' prescriptions come from, once their patents expire, any one can manufacture them.

While patent extensions do exist they are pretty uncommon and patent terms should not be confused with copyright terms which currently last some 70 years after the death of the creator in the United States, and a minimum of 50 years in any signatory nation of the Berne Convention.  (Yes, any creative work produced in the United States could become public domain in Canada 20 years before it would enter public domain in The United States itself)

Another example would be Nintendo clones.  While the hardware of the Nintendo and Super Nintendo were patented, those patents expired after 20 years each an we saw a huge influx if Nintendo hardware clones that could be openly sold without Nintendo having any legal options to stop their manufacture once the designs were public domain.

You simply wrote down the things I knew, I don't want people NOT using it. Except I want everyone to have access to this thing, I want it to be wide spread. But if it gets stolen no one will even hear about me, or where the idea came from, or bla bla. I just want a headstart that's it. After that there's no worries for getting it stolen. 

2 hours ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

You simply wrote down the things I knew, I don't want people NOT using it. Except I want everyone to have access to this thing, I want it to be wide spread. But if it gets stolen no one will even hear about me, or where the idea came from, or bla bla. I just want a headstart that's it. After that there's no worries for getting it stolen. 

My post was in response to Wasab, not you.  That's why I quoted him.

Also I never said anything about preventing others from using a patent.  I said they had to pay license fees to use a patent.  Because that's the entire point of a patent, you have exclusive control over a design for 20 years and any other party has to pay you, should you choose to even allow them to, to use the design.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

"hey I have an idea, you will be able to use your computer without the need of a mouse

You mean if you had a eye tracker that would register blinks as left clicks and 2 blinks as right click then multi blink as you spamming?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...