Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My Rides:

To School: Silver 2009 Acura TSX (i4 engine)

2009_Acura_TSX_--_NHTSA.jpg

From School: Orion VII E10 3G

maxresdefault.jpg

Weekends/Road Trips: Silver 2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500 (mine has circular foglamps)

ml-1.jpg

None of these are my photos BTW.

Edited by WinNut

Has to be a V10 for me, especially the Lexus LFA. That engine is a masterpiece.

If I won the lottery I would swap the 1LR into a Camry or Avalon. I'd screw with people so much at the stop lights  :lol:

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I'm a fan of kei cars, I've been hunting around for a old suzuki mightyboy to do up.

something like this

mb_storm2.jpg

I dont mind the 660cc motor in the suzuki cappuccino, turbo charged and really easy to get more power out of it and it revs like hell

Its all about those volumetric clouds

blogentry-31583-1336381760_thumb.jpg

This one right? Looks really badass, What's with the wires tho? i thought everything(both sides) was supposed to have pistons for efficiency, it must make one hell of a noise with an engine like that

Oh man! That's one sexy engine design right there!

Wankel rotary engines don't have pistons

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Wankel rotary engines don't have pistons

They still have pistons, just a different shape, more of a triangle with rounded edges.

Edit: I guess i'm wrong on this one. It's called a rotor instead.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Nothing to sniff at man, it's a tidy car, better than 90% of what I see in the UK lol.

ture. it does llok good when its clean. i would have got the st220 with the 3l v6 but there is no way i could afford to insure it. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

The Acura TSX can act a bit stupid sometimes, but overall it's a good car. I r8 9.5/10 because on cold starts it holds a higher idle speed than the Merc, that's probably because it has an i4 and not a V8. Also the headlight switch has an illogical configuration.

They still have pistons, just a different shape, more of a triangle with rounded edges.

Edit: I think i might be wrong on this one.

Yeah, I know. Reuleaux triangle :P I don't think that classifies as a piston though. Does it?

Kinda seems fitting to the topic:

Phone wallpaper

3_engineering_photo_wankel_engine.jpg

Never thought I'd get a wallpaper from 9gag..

Dude that's wrong. Dont do that.

Are you planning on changing it yourself? I did it on our 03 E39. Took maybe a half a day the first time. The next month I had to do it two more times. Third time I did it in 15 minutes. 

no I dont plan to do the install on it myself It requires taking off the drive belt and I realy dont feel like messing with It

For engine...

It has to be the V10, such sexy.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

am i the only person that prefers the 1972 charger but in the end im not too much into muscule cars, they would struggle in britain

The rain would ruin to car i no time. The 1972 doesn't look too bad actually. 

Has to be a V10 for me, especially the Lexus LFA. That engine is a masterpiece.

Oh yes. I think it revved to a good bit over 8k RPM? The standard needle couldn't keep up. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Oh yes. I think it revved to a good bit over 8k RPM? The standard needle couldn't keep up. 

"The engine revs from idle to its 9500 rpm redline so quickly that the LFA was fitted with a digital LCD tachometer, due to the inability of an analog gauge to keep pace with how quickly the engine revs. " 

How could anyone not love that  :P 

The Terrible HP

Not exactly a Ferrari but it does the job for me.

PsNCCqk.jpg

I love R32s so much.

I drive a Eunos Roadster, aka the Jap spec Mazda MX5/Miata, an early one with pop up lights :D No pics yet, it's a bit of a work in progress, and covered in bird poo :angry:

Yeah you're right i was correcting myself. It's called a rotor instead, hence the name "Rotary Engine" i guess.

Well, to be fair. there are rotary engines with pistons, just they look like this

640px-Le_Rhone_9C.jpg

What we commonly call rotary engines (a.k.a the Wanel rotary) though have the rotor.

Well, to be fair. there are rotary engines with pistons, just they look like this

What we commonly call rotary engines though have the rotor.

Those run of steam don't they? I'm probably wrong again 

The Terrible HP

Hmm.. "research mode" activated.. :ph34r:

Here's another bit of wankel trivia^^

It started out as a water pump  :lol:

My favourite type of engine is the straight six. It's naturally balanced, Easy to work on, Leads to long nose designs and it's got a gorgeous sound. Old ones in particular (or ones that are designed to sound old^^)

Carburated engines are a particular favourite of mine. With the honky intake noise and the lovely smell of petrol accompanying every look under the hood :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

blogentry-31583-1336381760_thumb.jpg

This one right? Looks really badass, What's with the wires tho? i thought everything(both sides) was supposed to have pistons for efficiency, it must make one hell of a noise with an engine like that

Oh man! That's one sexy engine design right there!

thats a 3 rotor, its got 2 spark plugs per rotor.

late model rx7's sound amazing revving over 10k

mad mikes rx7 and his new mx5 have a custom made 4 rotor

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Here's another bit of wankel trivia^^

It started out as a water pump  :lol:

My favourite type of engine is the straight six. It's naturally balanced, Easy to work on, Leads to long nose designs and it's got a gorgeous sound. Old ones in particular (or ones that are designed to sound old^^)

Carburated engines are a particular favourite of mine. With the honky intake noise and the lovely smell of petrol accompanying every look under the hood :)

Huh..interesting

PS: the video>>really dude? :lol:

Details separate people.

Those run of steam don't they? I'm probably wrong again  

I don't think so...

Although I know very little on VERY old engines. Could be wrong

Huh..interesting

PS: the video>>really dude? :lol:

It showed up as i was searching for a good straight six video. I just couldn't resist^^

Here's one 

And a dyno run

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Awesome! Finally a real car thread! Well anyway here is what i drive. Its a bmw e46 5speed.

wqlaJCy.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Awesome! Finally a real car thread! Well anyway here is what i drive. Its a bmw e46 5speed.

wqlaJCy.jpg

Yay Bob345 is here! Another BMW person!

Nice car, btw. Any chance you know the name of that color? Never seen it before. looks interesting

edit: is it Sonora Metallic? #A32? probably not

Why do BMW color names have to be so confusing?! http://www.bmwinfo.com/23430.html

Serisouly, when we were buying our second e39, I tried to look up the color code/name e39 online, and there were like 5 different shades of silver that all looked exactly the same...