Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I live life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

with some hope a car of that caliber will be my first car. How much did you get it for?

I paid £1800 with 70k miles on the clock. Had to pay a little more as i wanted a diesel as they are cheaper to tax, run and insure so it works out cheaper in the long run.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Not exactly a Ferrari but it does the job for me.

PsNCCqk.jpg

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Not exactly a Ferrari but it does the job for me.

PsNCCqk.jpg

RS watanabes on an R32? Interesting.. 

Love skylines though

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

RS watanabes on a R32? Interesting.. 

Love skylines though

Hard to be original on such a popular car.
i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Hard to be original on such a popular car.

True. 

This is my kind of Skyline. Watanabe's included  :P

hakosuka-skyline-san-diego-2.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

True. 

This is my kind of Skyline. Watanabe's included  :P

hakosuka-skyline-san-diego-2.jpg

So sexy :o

Start by asking around at your local autopart stores. Most of them can order stuff for you and show you some options^^

I need to do something they are tyring to charge me 1600 for a dam alternator lol with out labor

I need to do something they are tyring to charge me 1600 for a dam alternator lol with out labor

1600!? What the fuck?. 390 is the highest i've seen O.o And that's with 25% VAT

That's a scam. Back away. Look somewhere else  :o

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

omg, we pay ~120$ for better quality aftermarket parts like that, in germany. 

They are crazy. Even with the newest amg model, the part wouldn´t cost that much.

We got news back on our '03 c6 Allroad. We had to get the tranny replaced.. Since the bay of C6 Allroads is so packed, they had to take out almost the entire front end of the car to get to the transmission. $1k for the tranny, $4k for the replacement (original quote was $2.5, but they've run into problems for around 1.5 months now and prices keep on going up).

Oh the joys of owning German cars. 

This is actually cool thread, Alright,not really that into cars that deep or extremely  , but i'll ask a basic question for you, What is your favorite type(s) of car engine & why? also which engine sound do you like the most?

Details separate people.

got a new fuel pump on friday! tested my car to day and it didn't die :D

P1010049%2B%282%29.JPG

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Dude that's wrong. Dont do that.

Are you planning on changing it yourself? I did it on our 03 E39. Took maybe a half a day the first time. The next month I had to do it two more times. Third time I did it in 15 minutes. 

p0510933.jpgLearning to drive in a SEAT Ibiza FR 1.6 TDi. Actually wouldn't mind owning one. 

Dream car though:

dodge_charger_1968_1_by_cmdpirxii-d2r8wh

1968 Charger

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This is actually cool thread, Alright,not really that into cars that deep or extremely  , but i'll ask a basic question for you, What is your favorite type(s) of car engine & why? also which engine sound do you like the most?

You sir. Just stumbled upon this weeks discussion topic^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Found a video for you

^I have a playlist of these kinds of videos that I sometimes play at night to fall asleep to. I'm weird. :/

Best sounding IMO is Maserati's V8. Astons, Bentleys and Lambos also sound good too. V10's though. Not a fan of the Aventador. 458's aren't bad either. 

Dont get me started on older cars though, I'll go on for WAYY too long

as for favorite motor, probably our i6 in our BMW. That thing is a tank

got a new fuel pump on friday! tested my car to day and it didn't die :D

P1010049%2B(2).JPG

Nice car, I love the old ST24 model with the 2.5 ltr engine.

Nice car, I love the old ST24 model with the 2.5 ltr engine.

mine is a pre face lift, mk3, tdic with a 2.2 :(

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

rotary, google the mazda 787b its godly

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Learning to drive in a SEAT Ibiza FR 1.6 TDi. Actually wouldn't mind owning one. 

Dream car though:

1968 Charger

am i the only person that prefers the 1972 charger but in the end im not too much into muscule cars, they would struggle in britain

1972_dodge_charger-pic-61251.jpeg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

mine is a pre face lift, mk3, tdic with a 2.2 :(

Nothing to sniff at man, it's a tidy car, better than 90% of what I see in the UK lol.

Has to be a V10 for me, especially the Lexus LFA. That engine is a masterpiece.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

rotary, google the mazda 787b its godly

blogentry-31583-1336381760_thumb.jpg

This one right? Looks really badass, What's with the wires tho? i thought everything(both sides) was supposed to have pistons for efficiency, it must make one hell of a noise with an engine like that

Has to be a V10 for me, especially the Lexus LFA. That engine is a masterpiece.

Oh man! That's one sexy engine design right there!

Details separate people.