FCC Live Stream

NumLock21
Just now, knightslugger said:

because they can, and absolutely no one can stop them. Not the FCC, not the FTC, not POTUS, not Congress.

Before it being classified as Title II, nothing stopped them before.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, wcreek said:

Before it being classified as Title II, nothing stopped them before.

Except for the fact that they had to disclose that to consumers, now they don't. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

I have gigabit.

In Appalachia? Seriously? I'm truly asking you. I'm in DC. I thought that area was devoid of connectivity due to poverty and population. No?

Bomb threat wtf, now were not gonna have net neutrality. If people express there anger like that we are t going to get what we wamt

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

But they never throttled to begin with. Why the hell would they start?

Peak hours are a thing and they usually throttle bandwidth at peak hours if their network is built like putty

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, N3rot0xin said:

Jesus just listening to Ajit speak is painful. I'm pretty sure he's just making up facts or cherry picking facts for these companies he's listing.

Agreed.  It's almost as if they think we've forgotten how our services have been throttled, and will again be throttled with renewed vigor.  Not that they've ever really stopped hampering the end user.

See.  If there is a bomb threat, just for that on top of repealing net neutrality, they should just add an internet tax for good measure.

Well, I'm sure law enforcement will investigate that since they've saved time by not looking into identity theft and mysterious support the dead had for striking down net neutrality.

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

What consumer ISP do you have that doesn't throttle?

I pay for 12mbps down/7 mbps up

I get 13mbps down 1mbps up 

Their data cap is either incredibly high or non existent, because I've downloaded around 350GB of games and stuff one month and there was no throttling.

I have CenturyLink.

Just now, Tiberiusisgame said:

In Appalachia? Seriously? I'm truly asking you. I'm in DC. I thought that area was devoid of connectivity due to poverty and population. No?

Got a lot of heroin problems, but there's a ton of municipalities that have built fiber networks out from the North of South Carolina up to West Virginia and Kentucky.  Also Appalachia itself while thinner in population than the coast, has quite a large number of multi-thousand person communities and some many large cities under 1M in pop.  

looks like theyre back?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, SurvivorNVL said:

Got a lot of heroin problems, but there's a ton of municipalities that have built fiber networks out from the North of South Carolina up to West Virginia and Kentucky.  Also Appalachia itself while thinner in population than the coast, has quite a large number of multi-thousand person communities and some many large cities under 1M in pop.  

You learn something new every day. FWIW, our area has a huge crack problem. Can't escape it, I guess.

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Peak hours are a thing and they usually throttle bandwidth at peak hours if their network is built like putty

Nah seriously, even in those 'peak hours' my service doesn't seem to have any interruptions to speed. I mean ping might take a little hit.

2 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Even if you can't get fiber, Appalachia has something like four satellite internet providers, multiple cable and DSL providers.  Time Warner or "Spectrum" recently began building up their network throughout the whole of the mountains.  300/25 is becoming more common, if you need it.

Just now, Tiberiusisgame said:

You learn something new every day. FWIW, our area has a huge crack problem. Can't escape it, I guess.

Luckily the drug users sort themselves out after enough time.

Even if you can't get fiber, Appalachia has something like four satellite internet providers, multiple cable and DSL providers.  Time Warner or "Spectrum" recently began building up their network throughout the whole of the mountains.  300/25 is becoming more common, if you need it.

Ooh see that's not exactly right. I've been on satellite and it is not like fiber or cable. Firstly, upload is a nightmare, latency is an order of magnitude higher, and you pay a lot for a very low cap. My folks lived on it for a decade before 4G came out. Now they live on a cellular modem.

4 minutes ago, Fruitsnacc said:

Bomb threat wtf, now were not gonna have net neutrality. If people express there anger like that we are t going to get what we wamt

Bomb threat? Is that why they took a break?

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

This ajit painguy really seems to think hes a funny guy. Making jokes to try and compensate for his retardness.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Nah seriously, even in those 'peak hours' my service doesn't seem to have any interruptions to speed. I mean ping might take a little hit.

Might not be happening now but it certainly used to happen before. I remember some of my buds couldn't play games or watch vids at certain times of  the day. Used to happen here a lot, until gov opened up the market and all of a sudden no dips throughout the day

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Bomb threat? Is that why they took a break?

Yep

Just now, XenosTech said:

Might not be happening now but it certainly used to happen before. I remember some of my buds couldn't play games or watch vids at certain times of  the day. Used to happen here a lot, until gov opened up the market and all of a sudden no dips throughout the day

I've only ever had slowdowns if I lived in a city, even when I had Google fiber, when 2M people get home at 5pm and hop online, everything dips.   Way better living in a small town with fiber.  

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I pay for 12mbps down/7 mbps up

I get 13mbps down 1mbps up 

Their data cap is either incredibly high or non existent, because I've downloaded around 350GB of games and stuff one month and there was no throttling.

I have CenturyLink.

I've never had caps but throttled by AT&T, Insight, Comcast, Time-Warner routinely. They for sure had timeframes in my area usually about 5-9pm when they limit the speed.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, XenosTech said:

Nah, it didn't. In the 5 years we've had CenturyLink. Nothing has changed. 

Title II doesn't really do anything for prices. Nothing stops CenturyLink from charging us $170 over the $70 they charge us now for our service.

So let's say everything he's saying is right and the FTC won't do us wrong. It's like we have any assurances on that, right? Will Ajit lose his job if this is all lies? Nope...

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

It's 12 in the morning here and I'm about to sleep. I'll probably wake up to my Twitter feed nagging me with notifications when the sun rises. I thought I'd just leave this video here. This appeared to my YouTube recommendations.

You know what they say, "When they go low you go high. But if they go lower, you go for the jugular." :P[/s]

But yes despite how so many people hate him, violence directed towards him is not the answer and would make things worse. It's better to combat bad ideas with good ideas. :)

hey I don't condone violence but if he were to get into an accident it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

3 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

I've only ever had slowdowns if I lived in a city, even when I had Google fiber, when 2M people get home at 5pm and hop online, everything dips.   Way better living in a small town with fiber.  

Now imagine how shitty the network here was then. We have a population close to 300k and it tanked hard from around 7 am to around 11pm and it was worse on weekends.

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Nah, it didn't. In the 5 years we've had CenturyLink. Nothing has changed. 

Title II doesn't really do anything for prices. Nothing stops CenturyLink from charging us $170 over the $70 they charge us now for our service.

Just means they like fucking your wallets xD