Google says it will ban Neo-Nazi site after domain name switch

piemadd

So many "But Antifa!" comments around. Yes they have been violent, no it's still not equiparable to Neo-Nazis: Antifa uses misguided and irresponsible tactics to fight against their enemies perceived or otherwise. Neo-nazis just want to take away rights from others, that's it. There's nothing misguided, nothing redeemable, they just want non-whites to go away and possibly die

Even if pragmatically you're appalled by the violence on "both sides" you're still talking about exaggerating self defense to irresponsible and dangerous levels vs an actual racially motivated homicide a few days ago. It's just not the same morally speaking.

I understand Americans put a lot of value in freedom of speech but that doesn't means the Daily Stormer is entitled to force a private company to provide routing services to basically threaten many of their other customers. The government shouldn't limit the Daily Stormer in any way and Google's hegemony in the indexing services is notable, but that's a different conversation: as it stands they're still a private entity entitled to say "No, fuck off Nazis" and it still isn't against free speech, Nazis just need to start creating competing services and make them popular enough to matter.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You actually READ the article and used your CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS to understand that Google only dropped The Daily Stormer from it's domain registry service leaving the website to use an alternative service for it's domain registry and has in no way banished the site from appearing in Google search results, right?  Because since that's what this article is about, you seem pretty silly to demand that 'antifa', a vague definition, and not a specific website that has a domain registered through Google's registry service, be 'banned' by Google.

Antifa is pretty clear cut. They are Marxist communists that hate everyone that isnt like them including liberals. Condemn both groups both are equally cancerous. Dont be like the president of my college who couldnt give a straight answer why he didnt condemn the violence from antifa and then never answered if he supported them or not. College = run by shit lords. While google has the right to not host anyone's website. that is all. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So many "But Antifa!" comments around. Yes they have been violent, no it's still not equiparable to Neo-Nazis: Antifa uses misguided and irresponsible tactics to fight against their enemies perceived or otherwise. Neo-nazis just want to take away rights from others, that's it. There's nothing misguided, nothing redeemable, they just want non-whites to go away and possibly die

Even if pragmatically you're appalled by the violence on "both sides" you're still talking about exaggerating self defense to irresponsible and dangerous levels vs an actual racially motivated homicide a few days ago. It's just not the same morally speaking.

I understand Americans put a lot of value in freedom of speech but that doesn't means the Daily Stormer is entitled to force a private company to provide routing services to basically threaten many of their other customers. The government shouldn't limit the Daily Stormer in any way and Google's hegemony in the indexing services is notable, but that's a different conversation: as it stands they're still a private entity entitled to say "No, fuck off Nazis" and it still isn't against free speech, Nazis just need to start creating competing services and make them popular enough to matter.

While antifa didnt claim any lives they turned the protest violent which lead to the death of a women. They went in looking to cause violence. If they werent there the women would have still been alive and no one would have gotten hurt. People need to realize that these events only made the alt right look like victims and will in turn foster more support for them from people. NOT A GOOD THING. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Antifa is pretty clear cut. They are Marxist communists that hate everyone that isnt like them including liberals.

I don't think you comprehend what a domain registry is and that 'ideas' can not be registered or refused registration on a domain registry... Only website addresses can...

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

I don't think you comprehend what a domain registry is and that 'ideas' can not be registered or refused registration on a domain registry... Only website addresses can...

Not talking about the web registry just the group in general, the second part of my post was about the web registry should have made that more clear my mistake. 

20 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

If they werent there the women would have still been alive and no one would have gotten hurt

Yes... It's the counter-protest that got that woman killed... We must blame them and not the self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi in the Dodge Charger who drove into the counter-protesters...  There's absolutely no flaw in this line of thinking...

20 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

While antifa didnt claim any lives they turned the protest violent which lead to the death of a women. They went in looking to cause violence.

No, I'm pretty sure it was the guy driving the Charger that caused the violence that lead to his death.  When he willfully put his foot on the accelerator and drove into the crowd, plowing into human bodies like they were bowling pins was most certainly what lead to the death of the woman and injury of about twenty others.

Look, I realize you want to make a 'I'll tell you who the REAL bad guy is!' but let's look at the photo for a second.

aptopix-confederate-monuments-protest.jp

...Nope, I DEFINITELY think the bad guy is in that car.  Without question what 'lead to the death of a women' was the driver of that car.

33 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

While antifa didnt claim any lives they turned the protest violent which lead to the death of a women. They went in looking to cause violence. If they werent there the women would have still been alive and no one would have gotten hurt. People need to realize that these events only made the alt right look like victims and will in turn foster more support for them from people. NOT A GOOD THING. 

No this is only true in the mind of Nazis and Nazi sympathizers: people who'd like to pretend not to know what Nazi salutes, blood and soil, white ethnostate, etc. really mean. It means millions are exterminated in concentration camps for nothing other than their race. If you scream this things, you will get a reaction. The reaction from 90% of people will be to be appalled that a women was murdered in cold blood just because she refused to stand idle while the same groups of violent maniacs, attempt to gain political power to violently expulse lawful citizens from their country in the name of white superiority. And that's the best case scenario by the way, the worst? Well I already touched on the holocaust.

Neo-nazis and white supremacists don't need counter protesters to get triggered, don't need to get excuses to murder people. If they aren't confronted actively they'll keep protesting, more egregiously, more violently, more insidiously. Antifa and counter-protesters are not directly responsible for someone running over people with their car, unprovoked. No, being in fights earlier is not a justification for cold blooded murder. It's just not, it's radical white-nationalist terrorism.

Call it by it's name just like many were so eager to tell Obama to call radical islamic terrorism by their name and for what they are. I had just about enough of people that were constantly making a point about not being soft on radical islam, on Black lives matter, but now that the shoe is on their side "Look at all sides, the left provoked us! They made me a monster!"

Nobody wakes up and decides to become a white nationalist just because some nutty College kids and professors made a bunch of stupid fucking nonsense about safe spaces. Racism has been going on for centuries before any of this people where even a thing, which they barely are still.

-------

Current Rig

-------

16 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yes... It's the counter-protest that got that woman killed... We must blame them and not the self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi in the Dodge Charger who drove into the counter-protesters...  There's absolutely no flaw in this line of thinking...

No, I'm pretty sure it was the guy driving the Charger that caused the violence that lead to his death.  When he willfully put his foot on the accelerator and drove into the crowd, plowing into human bodies like they were bowling pins was most certainly what lead to the death of the woman and injury of about twenty others.

Look, I realize you want to make a 'I'll tell you who the REAL bad guy is!' but let's look at the photo for a second.

aptopix-confederate-monuments-protest.jp

...Nope, I DEFINITELY think the bad guy is in that car.  Without question what 'lead to the death of a women' was the driver of that car.

It was a pickup truck that hit the charger, the charger did not want to hit people. Also the violence was started by Antifa and later the truck driver hit said charger then ran away. Lastly the person in the truck might not have done that if gee idk Antifa didn't rush the shit Lord Nazis with lead pipes looking to cause a conflict. Yes the driver is responsible, if said driver would have done it if not faced with a group of violent commie larpers remains to be seen which is my point. I'm not shifting blame just stating that had they not turned violent the driver might not have turned homicidal. Either way violence to peaceful shit Lord protest still isn't ok and both sides need to be condemned and not doing so is not good.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No this is only true in the mind of Nazis and Nazi sympathizers: people who'd like to pretend what Zeit geist, blood and soil, white ethnostate, etc. really mean. It means millions are exterminated in concentration camps for nothing other than their race. If you scream this things, you will get a reaction. The reaction from 90% of people will be to be appalled that a women was murdered in cold blood just because she refused to stand idle while the same groups of violent maniacs, attempt to gain political power to violently expulse lawful citizens from their country in the name of white superiority. And that's the best case scenario by the way, the worst? Well I already touched on the holocaust.

Neo-nazis and white supremacists don't need counter protesters to get triggered, don't need to get excuses to murder people. If they aren't confronted actively they'll keep protesting, more egregiously, more violently, more insidiously. Antifa and counter-protesters are not directly responsible for someone running over people with their car, unprovoked. No being in fights earlier is not a justification for cold blooded murder. It's just not, it's radical white-nationalist terrorism.

Call it by it's name just like many were so eager to tell Obama to call radical islamic terrorist by their name and for what they are. I had just about enough of people that were constantly making a point about not being soft on radical islam, on Black lives matter, but now that the shoe is on their size "Look at all sides, the left provoked us! They made me a monster!"

Nobody wakes up and decides to become a white nationalist just because some nutty College kids and professors made a bunch of stupid fucking nonsense about safe spaces. Racism has been going on for centuries before any of this people where even a thing, which they barely are still.

Makes no sense women killed was white. Also I'm not defending them. I'm just saying if these shit Lord's are peaceful the second you throw the first fist you lose the ability to say you were in the right. Both groups deserve to be condemned for the idiots they are.

Edit: the last part is also another problem with not condemning both sides. When you do that you paint one side as a victim which fosters more support for these idiot Nazis and commie larpers. If both these groups aren't stopped we will have more pressing matters then radical Islam.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It was a pickup truck that hit the charger, the charger did not want to hit people.

Really?  Let's check the video, shall we!?

WOW.  As you can see at the beginning of the video that truck is STOPPED and the charger is BEHIND IT and then the Charger BLASTS along side it through the people.

Please tell me how the stopped pickup hit the Charger.  I want to hear you explain this. :)

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Being a useful idiot at worst and an Active Ally at best like Dave Rubin isn't peaceful. 

If he didn't swing a fist or throw a rock then yes he was peaceful however repugnant and evil he is. 

If he didn't swing a fist or throw a rock then yes he was peaceful however repugnant and evil he is. 

So aiding and abetting means nothing to you?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Really?  Let's check the video, shall we!?

WOW.  As you can see at the beginning of the video that truck is STOPPED and the charger is BEHIND IT and then the Charger BLASTS along side it through the people.

Please tell me how the stopped pickup hit the Charger.  I want to hear you explain this. :)

Videos I saw were a different angle. Either way doesn't really change anything. Charger truck same difference someone still died people got hurt not good 

Just now, Misanthrope said:

So aiding and abetting means nothing to you?

Again I don't condone anything the alt right or Antifa do but in America you are allowed to free speech regardless of how retarded it is. Him voicing his terrible opinions is not being violent. An I can't condone any violence against people who have not committed acts of violence. Any one who says it's ok to harm others due to opinions however terrible them may be is an idiot and doesn't realize how that can and probably will be used against them at some point when their opinions aren't viewed as good by society. He didn't call for people to use vehicles to kill people. Tbh I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner from either side.

Videos I saw were a different angle. Either way doesn't really change anything. Charger truck same difference someone still died people got hurt not good 

Please, show us what video you had that showed the PARKED TRUCK WITHOUT A DRIVER somehow driving into the Charger.

And no, this is not 'The Same DIfference'.  You tried to argue that the pick up truck (The parked one) drove tried to crash into the Charger and it was an accident with no malice.  The CHarger instead drove at HIGH SPEED into a crowd.

Let's look at another video...

Yup, here's the car a BLOCK away from the crash, driving at realtively high speed for a block, with nothing obstructing it except for PEOPLE.

...But he TOTALLY didn't mean it, right?  He just took a BLOCK HEAD START before colliding into the crowd...  That's what people who are trying not to drive into things do, they take a block to get up to speed first.

Again I don't condone anything the alt right or Antifa do but in America you are allowed to free speech regardless of how retarded it is. Him voicing his terrible opinions is not being violent. An I can't condone any violence against people who have not committed acts of violence. Any one who says it's ok to harm others due to opinions however terrible them may be is an idiot and doesn't realize how that can and probably will be used against them at some point when their opinions aren't viewed as good by society. He didn't call for people to use vehicles to kill people. Tbh I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner from either side.

I don't think I condoned any of that by suggesting that Google should not be obligated to host, index or provide DNS services for the Daily Stormer. I think we got a bit off topic as it is so I'll go ahead and get back to the issue at hand, at least somewhat tech related.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Please, show us what video you had that showed the PARKED TRUCK WITHOUT A DRIVER somehow driving into the Charger.

And no, this is not 'The Same DIfference'.  You tried to argue that the pick up truck (The parked one) drove tried to crash into the Charger and it was an accident with no malice.  The CHarger instead drove at HIGH SPEED into a crowd.

Let's look at another video...

Yup, here's the car a BLOCK away from the crash, driving at realtively high speed for a block, with nothing obstructing it except for PEOPLE.

...But he TOTALLY didn't mean it, right?  He just took a BLOCK HEAD START before colliding into the crowd...  That's what people who are trying not to drive into things do, they take a block to get up to speed first.

Relax the video that I saw was a charger with what looked like rear end damage. Not sure why you are so fixated on the type of vehicle used in the act as it is irrelevant and I already said I believed you. Also never said he didn't mean it. I said I though a truck hit the charger on purpose obviously I saw wrong. Relax your beating a dead horse already and getting worked up over nothing.

Edit: no I didn't say there was no malice I thought I saw the truck do that on purpose to kill people. Think your over assuming things I'll chalk it up to you getting overly heated and making crap assumptions on what I meant.

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

Except those should be removed because they're literally illegal.  Child sex/porn is a crime.

The organization itself isn't. Note I didn't say anything about porn.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Also never said he didn't mean it.

Yes, yes you did say that.  You said exactly that.

13 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

the charger did not want to hit people.

See?  Here.  Right here is where you said he did not mean it.  You explicitly state that you believe that he didn't mean to do it.  This was less than 15mins ago, how do you not remember saying it?

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yes, yes you did say that.  You said exactly that.

See?  Here.  Right here is where you said he did not mean it.  You explicitly state that you believe that he didn't mean to do it.  This was less than 15mins ago, how do you not remember saying it?

Sigh.... That was before you showed me the video obviously the person who did it meant it. I was confused too which vehicle did it as I only saw one video and it obviously didn't not show everything or the correct footage either way that doesn't change the fact that I don't condone their actions that took someone's life and that I do think it was done out of hate. Your arguing something that was a mistake made by me over the vehicle that did it. Relax yourself good god you've went off the deep end for no reason.

8 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I'd support revoking registrar authority for this selective censorship shit.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

The organization itself isn't. Note I didn't say anything about porn.

They literally promote pedophilia.  That's the entire stated purpose of the organization.  Even if they don't engage in illegal acts on their website, it doesn't alter the intended premise of the group.

28 minutes ago, divito said:

We're all worried about ISPs being able to throttle things, deny web services, and compromise an "open" internet, and yet people are on here are advocating for this opinionated website to not have a platform. Can we stop being illogical asshats?

It's not just illogical, it's also very hypocritical of people.

Why is it okay for companies like Google to neuter the thoughts, services and ideas of others but then people get their panties in a bunch when the ISPs dare to do it to companies like Google?

Advocating for Net Neutrality won't mean shit if big companies with a huge influence on the internet can just turn you away, alienating you from a huge audience of people.

16 minutes ago, divito said:

We're all worried about ISPs being able to throttle things, deny web services, and compromise an "open" internet, and yet people are on here are advocating for this opinionated website to not have a platform. Can we stop being illogical asshats?

Having a platform doesn't means providing services to the platform: They can buy their own hardware, get their own back-bone access, run their own DNS, etc. They're not entitle to a private company's DNS or indexing services.

-------

Current Rig

-------