nicklmg

GAMING at 16K RESOLUTION?? - HOLY $H!T

Posted · Original PosterOP

Buy Acer Predator XB1 4K
Amazon: http://geni.us/BfH85R
Newegg: http://geni.us/7FiCj5

Can you really game at 16K? Will this setup crash and burn, or be the most amazing gaming experience ever?

Finally done eh?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

and to get ahead of everyone, yes, 16K.  Not 32K, not 64K, not anything else.  Read this guide lol

14 minutes ago, spwath said:

Finally done eh?

Technically it's been done. Yeah Floatplane!

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

Pisses me off that NVidia didn't give him some of their 24GB quadros so he wouldn't be VRAM limited.

This is probably the biggest first world problem ever.

>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

Peripherals:

• Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair M65
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"*

-Napoleon Bonaparte

22 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

and to get ahead of everyone, yes, 16K.  Not 32K, not 64K, not anything else.  Read this guide lol

*puts down the pitchfork sadly*

--- Please use quotes or tag people in replies, otherwise we wont respond in a timely manner ---  BLUE BUILD POST ---

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte z97x-ud5h    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX970 FTW    Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT    

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX600M      Cooling Corsair H90 140mm (Rear Mounted)

Posted (edited)

@LinusTech

I know TV'S aren't designed for PC gaming, but could the same thing be done with 65 inch 4K TV'S? 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

v4nquish

Intel Core i7 4790K (4.4GHz), Corsair H60 V2 high performance CPU liquid cooler (120mm radiator), Asus Z97-A, (2X8GB 16GB 1866MHz) Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 1 WD 1TB mechanical drive, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.088GHz core & 9.216GHz memory), Corsair CX750M 80+ Bronze, Windows 10 Home X64, Antec Three Hundred (soon to be a Corsair Obsidian 750D), Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Logitech K520 (keyboard), Logitech M560 (mouse) & Sennheiser HD 202 (headphones)

Name suggested by: @openthatchest 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

This is the proof that Quadros can't game. xD Just kidding.

Now it's the perfect time to send an e-mail to NVidia telling them that 4 of their Quadro P5000s aren't powerful enough and that 4 Quadro P6000s are needed (at least for Rise of the Tomb Raider) since they have 24 GB of VRAM.

Ryzen Build:

Ryzen 5 1600 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - 2x8GB DDR4 - Stock Cooler - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W - 250GB SSD - 1TB HDD

Very old GPU which will be replaced very soon.

Feel free to message me if you need help choosing PC parts.

Especially if you have a question about CPUs or PSUs.

5 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@LinusTech

I know TV'S aren't designed for PC gaming, but could the same thing be done with 65 inch 4K TV'S? 

They'd probably be too heavy to mount correctly, but if you're just talking about the connectivity and wiring, then yeah, totally.

>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

Peripherals:

• Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair M65
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"*

-Napoleon Bonaparte

8 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

They'd probably be too heavy to mount correctly, but if you're just talking about the connectivity and wiring, then yeah, totally.

Wouldn't have display port with that option either, not sure if that's an issue.

But really linus should have used 16 8K displays, but he ain't no real man. Or dell didn't want to send $80,000 or whatever's worth of displays and it would be even more impossible to power.

I edit my posts a lot

2 minutes ago, borisdarker said:

Does anyone know why he didn't use 4 of dells 8k displays

We wanted to "1 up" the 8K video in every way we would. I mean 4, 8K displays would have been too easy.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jakkuh_t

4790K, 16GB RAM, 980 Ti G1, 2*1TB WD Blue, 512 Evo

1 minute ago, jakkuh_t said:

We wanted to "1 up" the 8K video in every way we would. I mean 4, 8K displays would have been too easy.

Next step is 16 8K displays for 32K gaming, hopefully yall can get AMD and Nvidia for comparison.

I edit my posts a lot

So it was monoprice cables that did'nt work originally?  What brand was the replacements?

(I have had Monoprice lightning cables  die on me but they replace them with no hassle so I keep buying).

Also, should have run [odd_number] x [odd_number] monitors so then you could have the crosshair not on a bezel.

Workstation: E5-1650v3 || ASRock X99 WS-E || EVGA Titan X SLI || Crucial DDR4-2133 ECC 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 25 gallon loop.

HTPC: Optoma HD142X 1080p Projector || 5820K @ Stock || EVGA X99 micro2 || EVGA GTX 680 || Corsair RM650x || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only.

Server VM/Plex/HTTPS/FTP: E5-2699v4 (22 core!) || Asus X99m WS || Zotac GTX 780 || Corsair RM650x || CPU + GPU watercooled 480 rad push pull.

Server Storage: Pent. G3220 || Z87 Gryphon mATX || || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 4x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 2x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i || Corsair RM450 || CPU watercooled 

On the Shelf:  7700K @ 5.3, Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 9, Zotac GTX 560Ti AMP custom BIOS, 740 GT, 630, 210 w/ DVI port unsoldered (Hint: it can be done but it ain't easy). 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G2.

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

So it was monoprice cables that did'nt work originally?  What brand was the replacements?

(I have had Monoprice lightning cables  die on me but they replace them with no hassle so I keep buying).

I'm going to guess the cables would have worked for like 1080p or something.

I edit my posts a lot

this is really cool, and useless, but still cool

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play Paladins & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

32K anyone?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play Paladins & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Also, should have run [odd_number] x [odd_number] monitors so then you could have the crosshair not on a bezel.

Canadian company called InfiniteCables. They seem to make pretty decent stuff.

https://www.infinitecables.com/

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jakkuh_t

4790K, 16GB RAM, 980 Ti G1, 2*1TB WD Blue, 512 Evo

"Let's make it more absurd" question:

Could you saw off the DVI connector on 7 cards and then run 7 of them with Mosaic or is Mosaic limited to 4 cards?

Then go balls deep and have 28 screens.

Workstation: E5-1650v3 || ASRock X99 WS-E || EVGA Titan X SLI || Crucial DDR4-2133 ECC 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 25 gallon loop.

HTPC: Optoma HD142X 1080p Projector || 5820K @ Stock || EVGA X99 micro2 || EVGA GTX 680 || Corsair RM650x || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only.

Server VM/Plex/HTTPS/FTP: E5-2699v4 (22 core!) || Asus X99m WS || Zotac GTX 780 || Corsair RM650x || CPU + GPU watercooled 480 rad push pull.

Server Storage: Pent. G3220 || Z87 Gryphon mATX || || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 4x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 2x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i || Corsair RM450 || CPU watercooled 

On the Shelf:  7700K @ 5.3, Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 9, Zotac GTX 560Ti AMP custom BIOS, 740 GT, 630, 210 w/ DVI port unsoldered (Hint: it can be done but it ain't easy). 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G2.

where did they film this? do they have another location? didn't look like the usual warehouse and wtf is that for a car in the background? :D@Slick@LinusTech@CPotter@nicklmg

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | Dell P2314H

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I have an RX 480.

*tear down cheek*

also

ITS SO BIG.

(sorry, but I had to)

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.