Warning: The UK PM calling for near total regulation of the internet

Prysin
2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

I loves me some right wing small guberment

The UK's Conservative party is hardly right wing and hardly conservative. Only real "right-wing" party in the UK was the UK Independence Party and that was basically carried by Nigel Farage. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

UK ... *shakes head* still cant figure out it is no longer an empire.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, Prysin said:

tenor.gif

happy?

well much more now. 

Love the hand, He must be feeling fabulous AF

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

UK ... *shakes head* still cant figure out it is no longer an empire.

Tbh we are really still way bigger than we really should be if you compared use to countries in a similar economic status, because of history and nuclear weapons (and other stuff)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

UK is like your best friend from high school that at some point picked up a meth addiction.

"what happened to you?  you used to be beautiful, man".

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

When this stuff happens, the ultimate question becomes: who do you fear more, terrorists or your government?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

She's doing what all politicians do, spouting out whatever makes her sound good when in reality she has no idea what she's talking about.

An industry expert has been on TV today telling her she's out of touch with reality and what she's proposing not only isn't possible outside of a China style firewall but even then it simply won't work. He made his point by outlining a case where UK intelligence had foiled a plot being planned by telegram and went on to say with VPNs being so easy to access (or even create) these days and the existence or onion interneting all she is going to do is push them into a place where the authorities can no longer monitor them effectively making them harder to track and catch.

Its all just pre election rhetoric to appeal to the masses, I'm sure she knows she could never do what she's proposing.

I don't think she knows anything... it was she that was pushing the snoopers charter too wasn't it? that passed eventually (after she stepped into PM role I might add)... and look how effective that was. They said that was about "preventing terrorism" and look we've had 3? attacks since then, which is 3? more than we had before the snoopers charter was implemented IIRC.

I really am sad to be British at this point, it is stuff like this that is painting our country as some backwater that knows jack shit about tech. Not to mention all the other stuff our country is seriously behind the times in, except discrimination... we are leading the world in that department with treating our sick, disabled, and old like shit!

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

When this stuff happens, the ultimate question becomes: who do you fear more, terrorists or your government?

I fear our government way more than terrorists. Our government has killed way more people than terrorists ever could, has kept people tied up in red tape trying to get their benefit money and no income, so had to rely on food banks etc to survive... and I;m talking really sick, old and disabled people here guys, not your average joe that could just try to find a job.

Fox hunting, wish it was tory scum hunting instead, that I would pay to see or be part of :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

18 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I can fix both...

[To conquer a nation, you must first disarm its citizens'] Britain followed that one piece of advice pretty well.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

None of this will do shit.

sure it will. It will subdue the native population, quell the chance of a political uprise from the shadows (forcing any dissidents into the open), allowing the government to take action.

These laws have nothing to do with extremism, it has everything to do with controlling and subjugating the population at large. 

One could go full conspiracy and claim that "based on the evidence that most of these terrorists that strike all over has been known to the police for quite some time, it is in the governments best interest to allow these attacks to happen, as it allows the government to capitalize on the anger and grief, implementing new legislation or change existing legislation, that would normally not be publically accepted if emotions weren't fueling the debate"

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

sure it will. It will subdue the native population, quell the chance of a political uprise from the shadows (forcing any dissidents into the open), allowing the government to take action.

These laws have nothing to do with extremism, it has everything to do with controlling and subjugating the population at large. 

One could go full conspiracy and claim that "based on the evidence that most of these terrorists that strike all over has been known to the police for quite some time, it is in the governments best interest to allow these attacks to happen, as it allows the government to capitalize on the anger and grief, implementing new legislation or change existing legislation, that would normally not be publically accepted if emotions weren't fueling the debate"

Great point. But it certainly won't reduce terrorism by any measurable amount.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

35 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

Tbh we are really still way bigger than we really should be if you compared use to countries in a similar economic status, because of history and nuclear weapons (and other stuff)

Nuclear weapons matter, quite a lot.

12 minutes ago, Prysin said:

They've left in place massive pedophile rings in the UK, known to local authorities, because the risk of being called "racist" was too high. They've legally & culturally weaponized "J'accuse!", just with less head chopping.

The head chopping is coming back, one way or another.

23 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I can fix both...

[To conquer a nation, you must first disarm its citizens'] Britain followed that one piece of advice pretty well.

So does that mean you fear your government more?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah, EU courts already destroyed significantly less bad data logging laws. This isn't going to work anywhere beyond the UK.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

If this is to fight terrorism, it's a fucking joke. Extremism is complex, it happens because this or that person becomes involved in a cult-like group that create a self-perpetuating bubble of hardcore beliefs, not because I want to watch Lisa Ann get boned at 2am. If someone wanted to communicate online so badly, they could do so on WhatsApp, Viber, Messenger or a VPN if they so wished. The Tories are out of touch.

what a wonderful to be the type of guy who loves watching the world burn:

on one side we have the UK turning into Orwell's Oceania, EU attempting to erase the concept of nation states nad killing free speech, the US preparing the next and current generation to shut down every single opposing views, the middle east being the middle east, Russia and China doing their things without losing pace. 

I have to start stockpiling on popcorn, this is going to be the most beautiful fire in the history of mankind, nothing will shine as bright as this one

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

the US preparing the next and current generation to shut down every single opposing views

Well that may have happened if Trump lost

4 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Well that may have happened if Trump lost

still happening, seems like Trump's victory made schools, colleges and universities go harder on the brainwashing in the name of love (insert ministry of love reference here)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

And you thought V For Vendetta was just a movie!

GG, UK. 

When do you want the US to invade?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Old news for the most part, this was part of the conservative's agenda that they announced about a week or two back now that caused them to plummet in public support. Theresa May is no different from conservatives of the past, and that same toxic, elitist attitude spilled out a bit with these last few publications from the right in the UK. Wanting to remove the ban on ivory, legalize fox hunting again, and bring down near complete control of the internet shows that they haven't changed at all, they just happen to feel very strongly about two things, brexit and immigration. That's why they have majority support right now, nothing else, literally nothing else. If not for their outspokenness on those issues then they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

They're call for such control I find appalling, and so too does most of Britain. They dont need restrictions and regulations on internet which isn't to blame for this, they need restrictions and regulations at their border and within their radical sectors of the community that harbor, reinforce, and commit these atrocities.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

what a wonderful to be the type of guy who loves watching the world burn:

on one side we have the UK turning into Orwell's Oceania, EU attempting to erase the concept of nation states nad killing free speech, the US preparing the next and current generation to shut down every single opposing views, the middle east being the middle east, Russia and China doing their things without losing pace. 

I have to start stockpiling on popcorn, this is going to be the most beautiful fire in the history of mankind, nothing will shine as bright as this one

So scenario when we get nuclear winter: bombs go off, then it all look grey/black from outside earth but fire is underneath.

What would happen on the ISS? Beginning scientists they would likely do something logical even if ordered by their state to do otherwise but I can just imagine them holding each other hostage with screw drivers eta.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

2 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

So scenario when we get nuclear winter: bombs go off, then it all look grey/black from outside earth but fire is underneath.

What would happen on the ISS? Beginning scientists they would likely do something logical even if ordered by their state to do otherwise but I can just imagine them holding each other hostage with screw drivers eta.

Don't they have guns on the ISS?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers