Scrapyard Wars Season 5 *Updated w/ Ep4 FINALE*

MAY THE GAMES BEGIN!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Spoiler

A FREAKING PLANE!!! A FREAKING PLANE!!!

I'm sure you guys have already thought of this, but just in case, California has a two party consent law for recording. I'm not sure if the people on the phone knew, but thought I would bring it up just in case.

3 hours ago, unijab said:

What idiot leaves their laptop in a store?!!?

Austin Evans in previous SW

Is ep 2 on float plane already? 

8 hours ago, brollybg said:

Not gonna lie, I am also SUPER HYPED after watching the episode and can't wait for the next one.

Get a Floatplane subscription

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

dis gon be gud

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Spoiler

Linus, you should go for the helicopter ride just for lol and being epicxD

Give that poor 980 guy a 1080ti after the season ends... he deserves it Linus

3 hours ago, mach said:
  Hide contents

Linus, you should go for the helicopter ride just for lol and being epicxD

Spoiler

should have chartered a floatplane

The editing gets better and better every season.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Hi

Wow , this thing was amazing, I wish I could sign up for float plane club to watch episode 2 now 

I don't know how many people got that "forgetting laptop joke" but I laughed so hard at it. 

That 980 guy deserves something as everybody is saying! Maybe a 1080ti

Taking a helicopter/plane for building a $500 PC , this is a whole new level !!

(Few years ago , they couldn't afford a cab during event coverages and now ....) It makes me happy to see their growth 

Also other team  (kyle and Paul) worked so hard? lol eating sandwiches and cleaning his car ?

Anyone from Los Angeles area. How do you actually find used parts? (if craiglist is full of MAC stuff)

3 hours ago, Moksu said:

Anyone from Los Angeles area. How do you actually find used parts? (if craiglist is full of MAC stuff)

I live in the bay area, and it's the same story.

it's hard to find parts, but offerup and letgo are alternative to craigslist with slightly more PC parts. (they have categories for mac junk, and PC parts)

just because there are a lot of mac things, doesn't mean there are less PC parts, they're just buried in a sea of crap. it takes a while to search, but you can find killer deals (i3 4160 for $35, Z97 ATX ASUS Motherboard for $30 (new in box) GTX 970 EVGA SSC for $100, etc.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

TIL Linus leaves 1k in cash on the bathoom counter in his hotel room and thinks it's a good idea to fly to SanFran when shopping for a $500 pc.

Excuse me but chartering a $6000 flight to go a short distance, Ontario to San Diego I mean that is extreme isnt it. Even if its $250pp going commercial is extreme. Its just not right, and not realistic at all. I am losing faith in Linus now.

11 hours ago, yathis said:

Excuse me but chartering a $6000 flight to go a short distance, Ontario to San Diego I mean that is extreme isnt it. Even if its $250pp going commercial is extreme. Its just not right, and not realistic at all. I am losing faith in Linus now.

From what I read on the internet, Linus & Luke were not familiar with LetGo or OfferUp which seem to be the places where most PC hardware is resold in LA. Which is why they were considering flying to SF which may have some PC hardware listed on Craigslist. As they showed, craigslist in LA is full of mac hardware.

Sent from my Casio fx-991ES

Loved the episode overall. I've always enjoyed the themes and its looking like both teams are going to undercut and essentially ignore making a cool RGB build which I'm upset about. The editing and laughs are great though.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

On 5/20/2017 at 9:41 PM, LinusTech said:

Linus and Luke team up against Paul (Awesome Hardware) and Kyle (BitWit) to see who can build the best gaming rig for $500!

Thanks to Freshbooks and Ifixit for sponsoring Scrapyard Wars!

Ifixit | Tools and Guides: Use coupon code WARS to save $5 off a purchase of $10 or more at https://www.ifixit.com/linus

FreshBooks | Cloud Accounting Software: Start your 30 day free trial at http://www.freshbooks.com/scrapyardwars

I want to watch this. WHY AM I ON MOBILE DATA! KILL ME!

On 5/21/2017 at 0:37 AM, BcBuD said:

Is ep 2 on float plane already? 

Yes it is.

7 hours ago, jeetsagar said:

From what I read on the internet, Linus & Luke were not familiar with LetGo or OfferUp which seem to be the places where most PC hardware is resold in LA. Which is why they were considering flying to SF which may have some PC hardware listed on Craigslist. As they showed, craigslist in LA is full of mac hardware.

But flying, odd very odd. Unrealistic on all levels.

Thats the thing about being dropped or switched like that. Which means the home team has the advantage. But they could easily have called around in the local area to see Kijiji alternatives for LA and area. Any computer store selling used gear could tell them.