Scrapyard Wars Season 5 *Updated w/ Ep4 FINALE*

38 minutes ago, DWebNU said:

Whoa, wait a minute? There's two levels of "patreon"-ish membership? I assumed just signing up meant getting access to all clips in advance, as has happened with episode 1-3... I already pay for "Floatplane Pilot" which I thought was enough, what is the price for "Member"? ;(

Nevermind I found the episode :)

38 minutes ago, DWebNU said:

Whoa, wait a minute? There's two levels of "patreon"-ish membership? I assumed just signing up meant getting access to all clips in advance, as has happened with episode 1-3... I already pay for "Floatplane Pilot" which I thought was enough, what is the price for "Member"? ;(

"Member" is just a regular Free Forum Member which gets you access to this section of the forum not visible to non-forum members, paying to be part of Floatplane gets you access to a whole other section of the site that regular members (like me) can't get access to where episode 4 is already at.

43 minutes ago, DWebNU said:

What are you talking about I am confused

7 minutes ago, trueofficialme said:

Where is ep4 on youtube? D:

I've been waiting all day, but nothing yet

I had an idea for a stipulation in season 6 where you have to make a case! NO Test benches And you can only use parts from a case but not the entire thing! I think it could be interesting!

What do you think?

Just finished watching EP 4, just wondering why did their systems had a big difference in FPS but they both had the 980tis??

33 minutes ago, MarcusLibelus said:

Just finished watching EP 4, just wondering why did their systems had a big difference in FPS but they both had the 980tis??

The processors probably

33 minutes ago, Captain-no-case said:

I had an idea for a stipulation in season 6 where you have to make a case! NO Test benches And you can only use parts from a case but not the entire thing! I think it could be interesting!

What do you think?

I dont get it

54 minutes ago, MarcusLibelus said:

P&K probably could OC'ed CPU a bit
(or had higher OC on GPU) ? (not sure since ACTUAL PC SETTINGS for benchmarks aren't included)

Linus and Luke :

Intel Core i7 3770
HP Case
GTX 980 TI
HP Motherboard
DDR3 RAM 8GB
Some SSD

Paul and Kyle

Intel Core i5 4690K
Some Random Old Case
GTX 980 TI (I know it is the Zotac AMP Extreme,whatever it is called)
Gigabyte Z97 Motherboard (If Im right)
DDR3 (Also forgot how much here,probably 16 GB 
80 GB SSD
+External HDD (not bought by in the event)

To LTT crew : 
Someone put the both PC specs in video, or at least in video description for last part !

I would love to see a Scrapyard Wars S5 Afterparty, where Linus + Luke and Paul + Kyle watch what they did on finished videos in one go (with pauses and thoughts about what is going on).

Final thoughts : I thought SW was about what can you get for a bargin, not how much you can bend the rules to actually compete :(
Next time maybe try to build a PC from Pentium D or Athlon64 x2 CPU's and see how good in does in day-to-day operation (You Tube, watching movie, multitasking [browser + music]).
Oh, and Conroe or newer CPUs aren't allowed.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

Well, it went down pretty much as I expected - knowing the specs it was almost certainly going to come down to aesthetics and the RGBeast clearly had more effort put into it on that front. And of course Linus wasn't going to let that hard drive slide, it was impossible for him not to notice.

By the way. have you guys seen that comment section? What the hell has youtube become... half the comments are people saying "notification squad" or some form of "first", 40% think they're clever calling out the first, 10% try to make a stupid joke that has nothing to do with the video and NONE actually wrote anything about the video itself -.-

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I was hoping for linus and luke to find out why all the 3 drives were broken.

So, what exactly happens with the computers built on Scrapyard Wars?

That magnet thing wasn't both using SW money too ! IT'S A DRAW! We need rematch!

Pretty entertaining regardless of who won and who lost.  At the very end of the day, it was all just for fun.  gg to both teams.

That was really enjoyable and genuinely engrossing. Looking forward to more Scrapyard Wars!

Intel i5-4690K (3.5GHz, not OC'd) | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB (8GBx2) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | XFX R9 390 8GB | Seagate 600 240GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB + Hitachi 2TB HDDs| EVGA 750W 80+ B2 | CM Hyper 212 Plus | Corsair 300R | Win 7 x64 Pro
UPS: CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave 1000VA/600W

I Really enjoyed the episode. The whole scrapyard wars series is a really entertaining series to watch.

I have one request. Could you post the setting used for the benchmarks for this episode and future episodes so we can compare our systems to the ones built in the videos? Thanks

I enjoyed the trash talk between Luke and Linus since the first Scrapyard Wars.

They really shouldn't have used the bunk Rise of the Tomb Raider score, they made a mistake. If they by accident used too low settings they would have had to retest, so why wouldn't they retest for that?

Paul and Kyle are my favorite tech youtubers. I was very happy to see them in these episodes. I thoroughly enjoy the series. Cant wait to see what they do for season 6

Spoiler

Kinda bummed that PnK technically lost because of the hard drive failure. In their defense, they were literally just dealt the worst hand possible (bough a hard drive the guy ripped out while on, two more were just dead so they had to use that external) So while on paper LnL win, in my heart PnK will have taken home the victory

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 5/20/2017 at 4:29 PM, LucidMew said:

I'm only like 5 mins into the first episode, and my guess for the surprise celebrity guest for rating the RGB is

Hide contents

Jayz2cents

#calledit

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!