Scrapyard Wars Season 5 *Updated w/ Ep4 FINALE*

Aren't both teams breaking the rule: "Can't use your influence as a Youtuber to get a better deal"

That shop employee recognizes Linus and he's even wearing "Linus Tech Tips" T-shirt (dumb idea). That could skew the seller's attitude.

Also Kyle told the kid that sold him the GPU that he was a famous youtuber and promised a shoutout.

That said I still am rooting for Team Awesome Hardware, sorry team LTT.

1 minute ago, Okjoek said:

Aren't both teams breaking the rule: "Can't use your influence as a Youtuber to get a better deal"

That shop employee recognizes Linus and he's even wearing "Linus Tech Tips" T-shirt (dumb idea). That could skew the seller's attitude.

Also Kyle told the kid that sold him the GPU that he was a famous youtuber and promised a shoutout.

That said I still am rooting for Team Awesome Hardware, sorry team LTT.

the thing Kyle did was AFTER the deal was completed, it's OK to explain it after money changes hands.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

the thing Kyle did was AFTER the deal was completed, it's OK to explain it after money changes hands.

Oh I guess I didn't catch that detail from the way Kyle described the transaction. Too bad that itself wasn't recorded because my younger brother says they're probably faking it and using their own GPU.

1 hour ago, Okjoek said:

Oh I guess I didn't catch that detail from the way Kyle described the transaction. Too bad that itself wasn't recorded because my younger brother says they're probably faking it and using their own GPU.

It's a little weird the camera didn't go with him to get the GPU.

That would've been better content than watching some rewiring.

Loving this episode and all scrapyard wars episodes. I have always been a used pc master race builder and would love to see an episode or series where you host watchers/forum member build comps in fun of course(bring on the war! lol) secretly I want to have a low tool tech steampunk build against luke no automated tools just hand tools and a used dollar value budget.

p.s recently discovered your channel Linus you guys have an awesome platform and brought back memories of melting my cyrix cpu stupidly overclocked to 333mhz at the time lasted a few days lol

Edited by moonbearfish

Episode 1 got a bit painful with the shoving the sponsors into it, felt very forced. but episode has clutched it so far and I'm excited for the next vid. First linus video i've watched in a while, must be the title not been Clickbait... 

That aside, anyone else amazed how powerful this years rigs are, a i5-4K and a 980Ti.. thats insane.. made me a litte sad about Redstone after spending all that cash they building better machines on SCRAPyard wars :'(  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Linus cheated. He definitely used his celebrity to get deals from Michael.

I cannot find Elian wholesale online. Does anyone know where I can get a contact number for them? I'm in LA for one more day, and I need a PC part on the cheap.

you should probably check in with your editor they just leaked a phone number of CSS the first time and should have left out the intro for meeting with CSS the second time

and I forgot to mention their voicemail is already full with troll callers

12 minutes ago, XHAD said:

you should probably check in with your editor they just leaked a phone number of CSS the first time and should have left out the intro for meeting with CSS the second time

and I forgot to mention their voicemail is already full with troll callers

I noticed that too. It wasn't blurred out the first scene.

Linus should've been disqualified.  The employee clearly knew who he was, especially when he's wearing a LTT T shirt....

Anybody know the piano music piece at the beginning of Ep 2? They really need to put the names of music used in their videos in the descriptions..

10 hours ago, pk-man said:

Linus should've been disqualified.  The employee clearly knew who he was, especially when he's wearing a LTT T shirt....

No he knew beforehand he knew on the phone with Ash not because of the shirt so it isn't exactly cheating since the youtuber has to say I am Linus which he didn't do because it was known beforehand by the supplier. Honestly they should have just left out the intro for that second scene.

They should get bonus marks for arriving to buy things while riding a pogo stick, and still riding said pogo stick while debating the cost with the seller. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

How many episodes does this season have?

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

On 6/2/2017 at 3:01 AM, GrayTech said:

How many episodes does this season have?

Four episodes.

Sent from my Casio fx-991ES

Just now, Daniel644 said:

Knock Knock, where is Episode 3????? I know 4 is delayed a day on floatplane (as stated on WAN Show last night), but are you delaying 3 for some reason?

I was thinking the exact same thing common @LinusTech @CPotter@nicklmg I WANT SCRAPYARD WARS 

side note this season is phenomenal

so instead of Scrapyard Wars Episode 3 we get a video of Linus bitching over the fact that Intel Finally did what he has been bitching about then NOT doing since Ryzen was released, they brought more cores at higher clockspeeds and lower price then the last generation by a good bit, sure they aren't Ryzen prices but for the most part they are far and above Ryzen. Sorry but WE WANT SCRAPYARD WARS EPISODE 3 NOT THIS CRAP!

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

so instead of Scrapyard Wars Episode 3 we get a video of Linus bitching over the fact that Intel Finally did what he has been bitching about then NOT doing since Ryzen was released, they brought more cores at higher clockspeeds and lower price then the last generation by a good bit, sure they aren't Ryzen prices but for the most part they are far and above Ryzen. Sorry but WE WANT SCRAPYARD WARS EPISODE 3 NOT THIS CRAP!

That video was a bit interesting and he made good points but you right

scrapyard wars or riot!

I was hoping for episode 3 so I could see it legit-ly

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

32 minutes ago, TheComputerdude said:

That video was a bit interesting and he made good points but you right

scrapyard wars or riot!

You're welcome to riot, buddy. If you want Episode 3 right here, right now, you're welcome to sign up for Floatplane like many people have. Otherwise? No, you don't get to make demands for content you're getting for free. It's being released tomorrow, same day/time as episode 4 will be on Floatplane. Linus gets to release whatever content he wants whenever he wants, period... especially 'cause he never promised you'll get episodes every Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Jade said:

You're welcome to riot, buddy. If you want Episode 3 right here, right now, you're welcome to sign up for Floatplane like many people have. Otherwise? No, you don't get to make demands for content you're getting for free. It's being released tomorrow, same day/time as episode 4 will be on Floatplane. Linus gets to release whatever content he wants whenever he wants, period... especially 'cause he never promised you'll get episodes every Saturday.

but it's been 1 week, content is only supposed to be delayed 1 week, not 8 days, RIOT RIOT RIOT, just because episode 4 is delayed on Floatplane due to Edsel being sick doesn't mean Episode 3 that has been on Floatplane for a WEEK ALREADY should be delayed too. RIOT RIOT RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and we where promised on the WAN show it would be treated like a TV series with new episodes releasing every week, how many TV shows change what night they air on?

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

but it's been 1 week, content is only supposed to be delayed 1 week, not 8 days, RIOT RIOT RIOT, just because episode 4 is delayed on Floatplane due to Edsel being sick doesn't mean Episode 3 that has been on Floatplane for a WEEK ALREADY should be delayed too. RIOT RIOT RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and we where promised on the WAN show it would be treated like a TV series with new episodes releasing every week, how many TV shows change what night they air on?

We on Floatplane don't have 4. And as per the Floatplane announcement, no, it's not a guaranteed week, it's subject to change.

On 11/1/2016 at 3:20 PM, Slick said:

- Early access - For now it'll be similar to the Vessel experience (1 week), but the window COULD change, and I can almost guarantee there will be more simultaneous releases for time-sensitive projects than before.

A lot, in between seasons. It's also not a TV show, nor would I accept the claim that it was promised to you.

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

OK people I was kidding I want scrapyard wars but like it is up to them when they upload and I genuinely enjoy computer coverage