Rx Vega hits SiSoft Sandra, 35% faster than gtx 1080.

Coaxialgamer

Only 8GB Vram?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

24 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Well, that's not entirely true. All gp100 chips support full rate fp64 (1/2)

The other cards still support it, but only at 1/32 the rate of fp32, making it essentially useless.  

Amd has also been cutting down fp64 the last few gens to conserve die space, but to a lesser extent ( hawaii had 1/8, both gcn 1.2 and polaris have 1/16). 

Ironically, the hd7970/280x still has the best fp64 performance in amd's entire consumer lineup. 

But then again, amd's current lineup can't touch nvidia when it comes to geometry performance. 

I know GP100 supports, it, they're not consumer cards now are they though? Not a single GeForce GP100 out there. Yet.

Also you're just repeating what I said after that haha.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

21 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Only 8GB Vram?

I've heard nothing on the subject yet but that's been my guess

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Liltrekkie said:

Oh cool, another modern heater! 

Just kidding haha.

Seriously though, I wonder what affect HBM has on die size, I also wonder what these revisions mean, clock speed boosts? Enabling more feature? Figuring out power requirements or usage?? 

I feel like vega 10 could be similar to the 1080TI or just a few percent under it. Even if Vega was 3-8% "slower" if it was priced right, it would be a very good buy. 

Green stuff was the HBM on the Fury

CAGdkPM.png

1 hour ago, jasonc_01 said:

When the RX 480 sisoft benchmark were leaked, it was at 800 mhz. The boost clock at launch was 1266.

1 hour ago, jasonc_01 said:

The 1080ti is still 25% ahead of the this new Vega test in Sandra

Sure but, simply using this benchmark, RX VEGA will be much closer to a 1080ti than a 1080; depending on the pricing, this GPU could dominate

"If you ain't first, you're last"

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Which sadly isn't anywhere near enough for it to be competitive, considering vega 10 is around 530mm², compared to gp 102 at 471mm², on a less dense node. Plus, the 1080ti isn't even a fully active chip. 

Unless the final retail chip is faster ofc. 

Depends on price.. if it is priced at $500 are you REALLY going to buy a 1080Ti for $200 more with slightly better thermals and power efficiency?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

42 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Only 8GB Vram?

8GB of HBM2 is not at all bad to me.
Although depending on your needs and the pricing, the 1080ti might be a much better value GPU compared to VEGA if this is a concern.

Remember lads, don't fall for the meme.
Given how the FURY/FURY-X turned out, VEGA's definitely not gonna be any:
O V E R C L O C K E R ' S
D R E A M

5 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Remember lads, don't fall for the meme.
Given how the FURY/FURY-X turned out, VEGA's definitely not gonna be any:
O V E R C L O C K E R ' S
D R E A M

They only said they about the water cooler it came with though. And going by the nitro fury, Fiji is not a bad overclocker. The reference PCB is just ass.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

gr8, more rumour mill, y w8 4 th3 launch when u can hype yourself with just rumours 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So Vega is 35% faster than a 1080, and the 1080 Ti is 35% faster than a 1080, but the 1080 Ti is 25% faster than Vega?  Am I missing something...?

Just from what i seen i think itll be landing squarely in between both. 

Price is really the main concern at this point imo. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Only 8GB Vram?

"only"

Plenty for basically anything currently on the market.

12 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

They only said they about the water cooler it came with though. And going by the nitro fury, Fiji is not a bad overclocker. The reference PCB is just ass.

It was still poor communication. AMD need to do more than get their products right, they also need the communication and PR to be on point.

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

gr8, more rumour mill, y w8 4 th3 launch when u can hype yourself with just rumours 

People who use numbers instead of words should be banned from these forums.

43 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Depends on price.. if it is priced at $500 are you REALLY going to buy a 1080Ti for $200 more with slightly better thermals and power efficiency?

I'm not talking purely from the consumer's standpoint. Amd will make significantly less money than nvidia if they price such a large chip at less than the 1080.

It's also just disappointing from an engineering point of view. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

3 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Which sadly isn't anywhere near enough for it to be competitive, considering vega 10 is around 530mm², compared to gp 102 at 471mm², on a less dense node. Plus, the 1080ti isn't even a fully active chip. 

Unless the final retail chip is faster ofc. 

Could be that vega has substantially more fp64 horsepower than GP102, though only time will tell us that.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

The real question now, is Sisoftware sandra synthetic benchmark or its like 3d mark benchmarks? if its synthetic bench, 35% is a joke.

Anyway speculations again , when will these ever stop.

4 hours ago, Prysin said:

@App4that

yo, cry. now.

Hold on, I'm overclocking my 1800x to 5GHz like the leaked benchmarks. Don't want to mess this up. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

V E G A 

V E G A 

V E G A

wait shit , i bought my 1070 for $600

shitshitshitshit aaaa

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

idk, I just remember that being the number that was thrown around.  But if that is true, then the current numbers make even less sense.

bitwit did a whole video on the 35%

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Only 8GB Vram?

AMD did a whole big thing their use of HBM2 during last event, like GDDR5 will only use half while vegas HBM2 will use ovr 80% effectively doubling it, so that 8 gigs of hbm2 is really closer to 16 gigs of GDDR5

10 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

EDIT:

Soz. Realized I was wrong.

The fact that the GTX Titan XP is not fully enabled is quite sad for the price people pay.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The 8GB HBM2 though. Can't wait to see that running. Though I wonder will there be 16GB model too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I'm not talking purely from the consumer's standpoint. Amd will make significantly less money than nvidia if they price such a large chip at less than the 1080.

It's also just disappointing from an engineering point of view. 

If i remember correctly, it's not that much more to manufacture a 480 than a 460.

In this case, it'll be a bit more since HBM2 but i'm pretty sure AMD can still make a hefty profit and more importantly eat at the market share that Nvidia has a hold of.

4 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

This myth needs to die

what myth?  Who ever believed that?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.