AMD Ryzen reference coolers leaked (and confirmed)

TrigrH
13 minutes ago, Mihle said:

They do at least look much better than Intel stock cooler :D

You're not exactly setting the bar high there :P

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

2 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

Motherfuckers even removed the big copper slug in the middle this year. Like saving 3c does much for their bottom line.

idk

Atleast it isn't ugly, now lets hope it can be dimmed, keeps the cpu cool and isn't as loud as a jet engine.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

2 hours ago, Fetzie said:

I know :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

22 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Pleb? Go back to school kiddo, your 4790K is absolutely nothing when you could be like me and have a 5820K :P 

#extremei7masterrace 

Meh. Your CPU is like mine but 2 cores don't work. You call yourself #masterrace? lolkthxbye ?

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

They look lit af

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

On 2/11/2017 at 10:02 AM, Bouzoo said:

Yes yes, they all look cool and all, but how will they perform? If it's AMD and their "50C at idle is acceptable", well it isn't. I want real numbers, not wraith leaks. We all know how AMD and leaks work.

You want real numbers Ryzen 0.9V to Kaby Lake 1.4V plus deliding if you want to over clock well and void your warrenty.

1 minute ago, Jahramika said:

You want real numbers Ryzen 0.9V to Kaby Lake 1.4V plus deliding if you want to over clock well and void your warrenty.

Those are not real (temp) numbers. Voltage doesn't really mean much in this case. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 hours ago, Vode said:

Meh. Your CPU is like mine but 2 cores don't work. You call yourself #masterrace? lolkthxbye ?

Hah, your GPU is like mine but puny and weak.  Fite me irl. 

I didn't want to board the #ryzenhypetrain but they've just done everything so. damn. well.

I'd use those stock coolers in a build, no problem.

These coolers look pretty damn sweet. Although I do reckon most will use after market anyways. And most enthusiasts would probably buy the x versions without a cooler. Then again, for cheaper builds, it's really nice, and you save the money for the obligatory 212 EVO. Sweet.

20 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I thought his testing was pretty fucking flawed: almost nobody would use this fans open air and inside a case well, the case itself could negate much of this effect specially if it's narrow enough. 

Testing airflow on open air is useless if you ask me. 

Huh? The shroud design means less air will be forced through the radiator. Whether it's inside a case or outside has no influence on that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Notional said:

Huh? The shroud design means less air will be forced through the radiator. Whether it's inside a case or outside has no influence on that.

The shroud on the radiator would be right against the case wall or other features on some cases so how can you possibly say that? You can put a fan without any shroud at all if it's tightly surrounded by case walls on all sides it would make no difference.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 2/12/2017 at 4:02 AM, Bouzoo said:

Yes yes, they all look cool and all, but how will they perform? If it's AMD and their "50C at idle is acceptable", well it isn't. I want real numbers, not wraith leaks. We all know how AMD and leaks work.

50C idle on my Xeon dude. 

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The shroud on the radiator would be right against the case wall or other features on some cases so how can you possibly say that? You can put a fan without any shroud at all if it's tightly surrounded by case walls on all sides it would make no difference.

Idk why you think so, but that is entirely incorrect. Shrouds are there to prevent air from being pushed sideways, instead of downwards. Within basic physics, anything will always move the path of least resistance. That is sideways for a lot of air. That's why modern planes have winglets, usually upwards on their wings, to control the sideways vortex. A fan without a shroud will have a massive vortex around the entire edge of the fan, like a donut.

A 1mm gap is more than enough for air to escape, or be pulled through. It's why negative pressure in cases are bad, as air will be sucked in through everything, including USB ports, causing them to fill up with dust. So a case wall being 3cm away has no effect what so ever on the static pressure by the fan.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, Notional said:

Idk why you think so, but that is entirely incorrect.

Cannot be entirely incorrect until testing on cases is done. What you're doing looks to me that is just grossly overestimating the effect this would have for the purposes of static pressure in this environment.

But beyond that like I said, I am the one saying "more testing needed to be done" and not only that but accurate fucking testing not just bullshit smoke for the purposes of B-roll, yet you're saying "Nope, incorrect cause physics, no need to test"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Cannot be entirely incorrect until testing on cases is done. What you're doing looks to me that is just grossly overestimating the effect this would have for the purposes of static pressure in this environment.

But beyond that like I said, I am the one saying "more testing needed to be done" and not only that but accurate fucking testing not just bullshit smoke for the purposes of B-roll, yet you're saying "Nope, incorrect cause physics, no need to test"

It has been tested. By NASA, every single airplane manufacturer still in business, Every single formula 1 team today, almost all car manufacturers, etc. Fluid dynamics don't change because it's a plastic fan in a pc. EVGA made a dumb design, that makes no sense, and I have no clue why. But if the point of the fan is to blow air straight out to the other side, and not sideways, you'll need a shroud. Especially when the fan needs to be high static to force air through the radiator.

Of course, I have no clue if the difference is tangible enough to make the temperature different; or if there are too many other factors. But it doesn't change the facts that it's a bad design, that forces the fan to run at a higher speed to move as much air as a better designed on.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Nasa didn't test this fans, give it up.

Physics principles are universal. Fluid dynamics don't change because it says EVGA on the fan. 

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Physics principles are universal. Fluid dynamics don't change because it says EVGA on the fan. 

The specific impact and how much it fucking matters to radiator performance will and since you refuse to give it up you leave me no choice.

-------

Current Rig

-------

43 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yes it will. Circular fan in square box is useless. No more efficient than a table fan placed outside of the case,  trying to blow into it

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

Yes it will. Circular fan in square box is useless. No more efficient than a table fan placed outside of the case,  trying to blow into it

Exactly the kind of thing a youtuber should fucking test and measure to demonstrate. But what am I saying? Asking for proper testing on LTT which hasn't done proper fucking testing in like 2 years or 3.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Exactly the kind of thing a youtuber should fucking test and measure to demonstrate. But what am I saying? Asking for proper testing on LTT which hasn't done proper fucking testing in like 2 years or 3.

You will get airflow without a shroud. But static pressure will end mere mm from the fanblade

On 11.2.2017 at 10:04 PM, TheRandomness said:

Now if they make a 35W one less than 27mm tall I'm cancelling my AR04 order and waiting for them to start appearing on eBay for me to ziptie to the motherboard. Because hot damn they look good for stock coolers.

the stock coolers will 99% use the standard latch , go on ebay and look for this cheapo cooler 

s-l1600.jpg

it uses the same latch , but to mount on an intel board comes w/ an adapter plate , i bought that cooler ONLY for that adapter (wich is for intel 77X/115X) 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

I am still surprised that Intel did not release an updated cooler after the Wraith cooler was released, maybe this will be more of an incentive.

mean im gona do a red theme build if the new APUs have good performance

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_