The House Where Steve Jobs Grew Up is Now a “Historic Resource”

Snickerzz
Steve Jobs’ childhood home is now an official landmark, following a unanimous vote by the Los Altos Historical Commission. The house, located at 2066 Crist Drive, Los Altos, California, has been designated a “historic resource” after a two-year process which included detailed research and an evaluation of the property.
really? I don't see a need for this, I don't even think US presidents childhood houses mean anything..

from TechnoBison http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/11/03/the-house-where-steve-jobs-grew-up-is-now-a-historic-resource/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

That moment when you realize Apple really hasn't invented anything...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

'And this ladies and gentlemen is the toilet, where Steve Jobs thought of great things while he took a dump'

That moment when you realize that you are wrong ...

The moment when you realise they are the worlds smartest company ? You say that haven't invented but stole and made themselves , less work but more money than any other company ? Sounds like a good plan to me

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

The only time I get those is when I walk out of a calc test, and realize I royally fucked up the last question.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

What did they invent? Everything they did was a product that already exists put into a shiny case.

What did they invent? Everything they did was a product that already exists put into a shiny case.

You realize that the Apple II was one of the first affordable and mass produced personal computer right?

And the Macintosh was the first mass market PC that had a GUI and mouse right?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

You realize that the Apple II was one of the first affordable and mass produced personal computer right?

So? They didn't invent the personal computer. I'm not saying they weren't innovative, but they didn't invent anything.

And this thread has officially become exactly what I expected it to.

Since it's not going anywhere, I'll play the tour guide. "And here is where Jobs spent his lonely nights. Miss, if you would so kindly flip that switch behind you, we can see this room through a blacklight..."

Youve gotta be kidding me :)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

You do understand that Steve Jobs made a big part of the whole computer industry back in the 70's. It was him and IBM.So what I would say is that we as tech people should have some respect for the guy because without him we might have been the way we are now.

And I'm not only talking about tech but about our whole lifestyle.

Also please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by MikeTz

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

That moment when you realize Apple really hasn't invented anything...

That was so long ago I can't even remember

Linus' house should become a historical land mark lol.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

You obviously don't know much. I'm guessing since you are "hating" Jobs,with that comes a hate for his products.

Well you beloved Windows(OS) was actually at first a "rip-off" from Apple's OS.

So next time, before you just in quick conclusion learn the facts.

Again correct me if I'm wrong

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Fixed.

You are absolutely right about Steve Wozniak's contribution to the PC industry but that doesn't mean that Jobs did nothing.

Without Jobs, Wozniak would have accomplished anything. Jobs was the man that made everything seem needed and made everyone buy it.

You obviously don't know much. I'm guessing since you are "hating" Jobs,with that comes a hate for his products.

I don't hate Jobs, I think he was an asshole, but I'm pretty indifferent to him. I think that it would be silly to hate someone that hasn't ever hurt me personally.

I don't hate Jobs, I think he was an asshole, but I'm pretty indifferent to him. I think that it would be silly to hate someone that hasn't ever hurt me personally.

Well in the PC industry to get big you kind have of have to be an asshole.

Again correct me if I'm wrong

Windows 1.0 was developed before the macintosh. It was indeed made after the Apple Lisa, but windows 1.0 and apple lisa's OS were fundamentally different, it's simply impossible to have been ripped of. The onyl similarity they have is that they're both OS's.

You are absolutely right about Steve Wozniak's contribution to the PC industry but that doesn't mean that Jobs did nothing.

Without Jobs, Wozniak would have accomplished anything. Jobs was the man that made everything seem needed and made everyone buy it.

You mean how Wozniak created the Apple 1 all by himself and Jobs just tagged along and took credit?

Well in the PC industry to get big you kind have of have to be an asshole.

I don't think anyone considers Gates' an asshole. Quite the opposite to be fact, that guy is a saint.

Windows 1.0 was developed before the macintosh. It was indeed made after the Apple Lisa, but windows 1.0 and apple lisa's OS were fundamentally different, it's simply impossible to have been ripped of. The onyl similarity they have is that they're both OS's.

You mean how Wozniak created the Apple 1 all by himself and Jobs just tagged along and took credit?

I don't think anyone considers Gate's an asshole. Quite the opposite to be fact, that guy is a saint.

1)Didn't know that.I'm just telling you what I read in his biography.

2)Well they both made the company together so you can't tell that he just tagged along

3)Absolutely agree on this, Gate's isn't an asshole but he isn't really a saint.He should be respected as much as Jobs is.

1)Didn't know that.I'm just telling you what I read in his biography.

2)Well they both made the company together so you can't tell that he just tagged along

3)Absolutely agree on this, Gate's isn't an asshole but he isn't really a saint.He should be respected as much as Jobs is.

The fact that they made the company together is the reason why I can say he just tagged along.

Respected as much as Jobs? Why? All Jobs did was try to stop the industry from evolving and tricked his friends into working their asses off so he could get rich. Meanwhile Gates is constantly donating billions of dollars to help other people and will donate 90% of his wealth, which is over 50 billion dollars, when he dies. How can you even compare the two? They're complete opposites.

Anyway, I've said what I had to say and I'll refrain from discussing this topic any further. It is clearly not going anywhere.

they only thing apple has invented is high prices for products

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

People don't hate the old apple.  They hate the new apple that became the very evil that the old apple rallied against.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers