Watch_Dogs 2 PC version delayed to Nov 29

Techicolors

http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dog-2-is-delayed-on-pc-system-requirements-are-out/

https://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-2-pc-gets-new-november-29-release-date/

Yep, the PC release of a Ubisoft game has been delayed—try to contain your shock. Fortunately, it's a brief extra wait—the game is now scheduled to come our way on November 29 instead of November 15—and it sounds like the extra time is going toward a good cause.

System Requirements

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz, AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz

RAM: 6GB

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (2GB), AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better

Hard Disk Space: 50 GB

Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One Controller, Dual Shock 4 Controller

Multiplayer: 256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

Recommended:

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz, AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better, AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better

Hard Disk Space: 50 GB

Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One controller, Dual Shock 4 controller

Multiplayer: 256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

The main reason for the delay is to polish the PC version further

General

• 4K support
  • Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
  • No FPS cap
  • Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
  • Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
  • Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
  • Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.

Improved Graphic Features

• Screen Space Reflections
  • Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
  • Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.

Improved Graphics Options

• FOV sliders
  • Pixel Density sliders
  • Sharpness sliders
  • Ultra Textures pack available at launch
  • Ambient Occlusion options: Ubisoft proprietary ambient occlusion techniques (SSBC and HMSSAO), HMSSAO
  • Anti-aliasing options: TXAA, MSAA, Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options (SMAA and FXAA)

Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls

• Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
  • We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
  • Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
  • Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
  • Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)

Driving

• Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior

Gamepad support

• On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
  • Supported gamepads: Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, third-party XInput gamepads (everything Xbox-based), PlayStation 4 Controller. We do not officially support Direct Input gamepads, Steam controllers or game wheels.

considering it's an Ubi AAA game i think everyone will be very cautious on how it'll perform. but i admit, i am liking the additional improvements justifying the small delay 

I see no problem with this.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It can't be worse than Mafia 3... right?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

It can't be worse than Mafia 3... right?

This is Ubisoft we are talking about here, don't put anything past them. If they see this post they might just respond saying, "challenge accepted".

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

As long as it improves the final product a small delay is acceptable 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

51 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Toggle/Hold modes for different controls

The moment they have this listed as a feature.

I expect this to be in a game. This shouldn't be listed as a feature...

Edited by PLME888
Picked other words for my post...

48 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights

Yay, now all the whiners finally get what they claimed was removed from WD1, even though it had never existed in any demo ever.

Anyways, too bad it's delayed, but it sounds like they are really taking the PC version seriously, which means it does require more work than a console version. I'm ok with that. I'd rather have a delay and a great game, than no delay and a crap experience to begin with.

Anyone else noticed how this game has native support for Playstation DualShock 4 controller on PC? SWEET!!! I should get one.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

i really think they listened to the complaints about watch dogs 1 on pc. the list of "improvements" seems very comprehensive and if everything will be implemented as it is stated here this could be an excellent pc version. *fingers crossed*

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

happy with any delays as long as it means improvements 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

im calling it now the pc version is gonna be shite

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

As funny as it is that they listed uncapped FPS, customers just don't know anymore lol.

Are there going to be review copies? Doom aside, that seems to be a pretty good indicator of a game's quality nowadays...

2 hours ago, Technicolors said:

No problem then.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

TL:DR You can use a mouse to use the menus. Whoda thunk it? 

- snip-

extra time to add more bugs

Please Vivendi buy this shite company and run it to the ground 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

All of these "features" are exactly the thing you'd expect for a PC port. If they need to be advertised as a PC-exclusive "feature" something is terribly wrong.

But this is Ubisoft, so no surprises there.

Ye ole' train

Damn I can't remember the last time a game launched with full Multi-GPU support out of the box. Nice to see Ubi pulled out all the stops for this one, but lets see how well it actually runs. 

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

2 hours ago, Technicolors said:

Not a problem. I'd rather it worked and ran better on launch than it launch earlier.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Those are some fairly low recommended requirements. Based on their trailers, I was expecting 1070 and 4790K. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

23 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

All of these "features" are exactly the thing you'd expect for a PC port. If they need to be advertised as a PC-exclusive "feature" something is terribly wrong.

But this is Ubisoft, so no surprises there.

How entitled can you be? If this is implemented, it would be one of the best PC implementations out there. What else could pc gamers ask for?

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Those are some fairly low recommended requirements. Based on their trailers, I was expecting 1070 and 4790K. 

This isn't a GameWorks title. You don't have to buy the most expensive newest generation NVidia card to play over 30fps.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

They should've locked the framerate to 24 FPS and listed the super-cinematic framerate to be one of the features.

Ubi u done fucked it up

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

This isn't a GameWorks title. You don't have to buy the most expensive newest generation NVidia card to play over 30fps.

If the recommended settings are for 30, yes, sure, it may pass. Even based only on gameplay videos, I find it hard to believe that some of the listed cards will be able to max the game paired with 3470 above that. I'm pretty skeptical. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

If the recommended settings are for 30, yes, sure, it may pass. Even based only on gameplay videos, I find it hard to believe that some of the listed cards will be able to max the game paired with 3470 above that. I'm pretty skeptical. 

Recommended settings are usually for 30/60fps in high settings at 1080p. Max settings are always PC exclusive for the best of the best or even future cards out there.

Most people probably planned on waiting it out a but for prices to go down anyways so really no difference.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi