Samsung thinking about 3.5 jack

NinjaCode
1 minute ago, Atmos said:

fucking NO

STOP

No more proprietary bullshit that marks up prices on products that people need.

Fucking stop removing standards that have no issues, and who's capacity hasn't even gotten close to being reached yet. 

I'd be 'more' okay with it if they included a SECOND usb-c port for headphones, but if there's only a single port then that's an instant deal breaker for me. Why the fuck are these companies not listening to the massive outrage against this utterly moronic decision.

removal of a feature that EVERYONE uses for no other sake than false innovation is NOT a selling point. Stop Already. Now.

Simple, the few who protest are nothing compared the huge waves of sheep who will buy the latest phone simple because it is the latest phone and they don't know, or care, what's missing from it as long as they own it. 

Those who protest are left with no other choice. 

Capitalism at its finest. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Simple, the few who protest are nothing compared the huge waves of sheep who will buy the latest phone simple because it is the latest phone and they don't know, or care, what's missing from it as long as they own it. 

Those who protest are left with no other choice. 

Capitalism at its finest. 

And yet its more business like to simply meet the standards of the protesters since it just means not removing any of the features already available that everyone uses. That way they still sell to the mindless hordes, as WELL as those people demanding that you don't fuck them over for headline marketing and gimmicky horse shit.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Why don't do both?

If they want to create their own variant of a headphone connection, sure.

But is that a reason to ditch the jack? No!

The only reason you would do that is when you know your alternative isn't nearly as good and you have to use brute force, which is something we should never accept.

Regardless what it is, this is kind of power abuse imo but oh well, i'm not getting a phone without that jack, i almost charge and listen to music at the same time daily :P

I can't miss that, and if some phones won't give that, well bad luck i'm not getting it regardless of the other things it can do :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, Atmos said:

And yet its more business like to simply meet the standards of the protesters since it just means not removing any of the features already available that everyone uses. That way they still sell to the mindless hordes, as WELL as those people demanding that you don't fuck them over for headline marketing and gimmicky horse shit.

From their POV, if they can sell you a phone with a headphone jack or a phone and a pair of headphones (plus daisy chain adapters) as well which do you think they would prefer? 

That said Samsung already provides a free pair of headphones with each phone, I wonder if they'd continue to do that but with Bluetooth headphones instead? 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

From their POV, if they can sell you a phone with a headphone jack or a phone and a pair of headphones (plus daisy chain adapters) as well which do you think they would prefer? 

That said Samsung already provides a free pair of headphones with each phone, I wonder if they'd continue to do that but with Bluetooth headphones instead? 

99.9% sure they would just go the apple route and drop a regular 3.5mm pair of shite headphones in there, and 30 cent adapter to usb-c.

Bluetooth headphones are still way to expensive to include without raising price significantly.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

99.9% sure they would just go the apple route and drop a regular 3.5mm pair of shite headphones in there, and 30 cent adapter to usb-c.

Bluetooth headphones are still way to expensive to include without raising price significantly.

Is that what Apple are doing with the iClone 7 then, giving a set of 3.5mm phones and a USB adapter? Thought I'd read you had to buy the adapter separately so I was wondering if they'd give phones at all this time around. 

Am I the only one who thinks one port on a phone isn't a big deal?

Just be smart and manage your battery life better, what sort of a madman plays intensive games and charges the phone at the same time that imo is a very bad thing for the battery.

The outrage at the MacBook 1 port thing was justified but this is just a massive overreaction from people who would never buy an iOS device anyway.

Fucking great. I thought this BS ended back in 2005, 2006 when the Sony Ericson K750i and Walkman were around using Sony's own proprietary connector.

Fapple for starting this bull shit all over again.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Fucking great. I thought this BS ended back in 2005, 2006 when the Sony Ericson K750i and Walkman were around using Sony's own proprietary connector.

Fapple for starting this bull shit all over again.

technically... TB is a Intel IP... so blame Intel.

I'd rather USB Type C headphones become a thing rather than fucking lightning headphones.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

5 minutes ago, Prysin said:

It isn't being used exclusively for audio though, so far that's only Apple's own proprietary connector, and soon Samsung's (they have been copying Apple more over the last 2 device generations)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

It isn't being used exclusively for audio though, so far that's only Apple's own proprietary connector, and soon Samsung's (they have been copying Apple more over the last 2 device generations)

to be honest, Apple hasnt exactly stayed away from copying samsung either.

They are basically yin and yang

3 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

We cannot control what they do or not do.

We buy the phones, we control what they make, if they remove a feature and nobody buys it. They'll learn from it.

9 minutes ago, Prysin said:

but iPhone don't use TB they used lightning connectors, and whats wrong with TB, it awesome just not cheap.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'd rather USB Type C headphones become a thing rather than fucking lightning headphones.

whats stupid is your iPhone headphones don't work on macs. they should of made iPhones USB type C

Samsung taking the worst from Apple as usual.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

WE HAVE STANDARDS FOR A REASON PEOPLE!

It's almost as if brands are becoming their own countries and governments... oh god.

Armored Core has been right all along!

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

but iPhone don't use TB they used lightning connectors, and whats wrong with TB, it awesome just not cheap.

Lightning IS Thunderbolt. Its just apple's branding of that technology

5 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

WE HAVE STANDARDS FOR A REASON PEOPLE!

It's almost as if brands are becoming their own countries and governments... oh god.

Armored Core has been right all along!

Microsoft, google, apple have more money and power then most countries. 

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Lightning IS Thunderbolt. Its just apple's branding of that technology

I don't see anything about intel or thunderbolt on its wiki page. were does it state its a thunderbolt tech?

as far as i can tell its just USB 2.0 with a custom connector.

I suspect Samsung may keep a close eye on iphone 7 sales, if they seem unaffected they will probably follow suit.

58 minutes ago, Prysin said:

no, but the industry moves along with them whenever they make a move.

Not with the backlash that's going to come out of this. They're getting a bit too full of themselves

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Can't someone just revive 2.5mm headphone jacks again? Want a smaller headphone port on your phones? Simple solution, SWITCH BACK TO A STANDARD THAT ALREADY EXIST!

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Hahahah. Really? They even poked fun at Apple for removing be it. Well atleast it would be USB type C rather then stupid lightning.

Won't be USB-C if it is a proprietary connector.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II