bad company?

Darhagonable

Hey!

I wonder if these companies really are that bad

why I don't trust some companies:

Gigabyte: My Gigabyte motherboard has a problem with one of the harddrive sockets. sometimes it has problems findeing it.

ASUS: I have a DVD reader by ASUS that sound like a chainsaw.

is these companies really that bad or is it just me being unlucky?

2 minutes ago, Darhagonable said:

Hey!

Gigabyte: My Gigabyte motherboard has a problem with one of the harddrive sockets. sometimes it has problems findeing it.

You being unlucky. A single product does not mean a company is bad.

The quality of Gigabyte and Asus has always been top notch for me. It's their customer service that tends to be shit, Asus more so than most.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

You being unlucky. A single product does not mean a company is bad.

i second that

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The quality of Gigabyte and Asus has always been top notch for me. It's their customer service that tends to be shit, Asus more so than most.

Depends on where u live. I had to rma an asus gpu and mobile phone. Both went down perfectly smooth. Even the warrenty sticker on the gpu was broken, they repaired it anyways. Im using an asus mainboard aswell, working since i bought it, perfectly fine. Asus is my way to go, never let me down so far.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

which companies is the best then? MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, Asrock and so on

4 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

Depends on where u live. I had to rma an asus gpu and mobile phone. Both went down perfectly smooth. Even the warrenty sticker on the gpu was broken, they repaired it anyways. Im using an asus mainboard aswell, working since i bought it, perfectly fine. Asus is my way to go, never let me down so far.

Yah, I've never had to deal with their support aside once and it wasn't terrible. Their products have always served me well, I'm going on my 5th year for their x79 Sabertooth motherboard and 2 years on one of the monitors. Always recommend them for quality to friends.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Darhagonable said:

which companies is the best then?

I generally prefer companies who have good customer service.

And keep in mind that every company will have many, many sub-sections within the company.

Asus, as an example. Has one section that deal with phones, another with motherboard, one for graphics cards. etc.

17 minutes ago, Darhagonable said:

You can find examples of products failing from just about every company out there. These are electronics, they cannot eliminate the possibility of defects no matter what the "quality" is. There are no companies out there that just sell broken or soon-to-be-broken gear as part of their business plan.

Is your motherboard and DVD burner outside of their warranty periods? Get an RMA if you can, that's why they exist.

8 minutes ago, Darhagonable said:

which companies is the best then? MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, Asrock and so on

Short answer: it depends

depends on the product specifically, also some companies have cheap models of their more expensive stuff etc

Just like my Dads Mercedes had an issue, doesn't mean all their cars are bad now does it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What makes a bad company is a consistently unreliable product and/or customer service experiences. If your products are DOA or otherwise defective, try contacting them first for a replacement. If they give you a hard time about it or you cannot correspond with them at all, you know a company has officially lost your trust.

14 minutes ago, typographie said:

Is your motherboard and DVD burner outside of their warranty periods? Get an RMA if you can, that's why they exist.

nope...

I bought my computer two - three years ago. about the DVD reader I thoght It was just a bad reader... but I'm not sure 

7 minutes ago, mcfly said:

What makes a bad company is a consistently unreliable product and/or customer service experiences. If your products are DOA or otherwise defective, try contacting them first for a replacement. If they give you a hard time about it or you cannot correspond with them at all, you know a company has officially lost your trust.

yea

3 hours ago, Darhagonable said:

Hey!

Gigabyte and Asus are top notch board companies. When buying a board, I really only consider the big 4, msi, gigabyte, Asus, evga, (maybe asroc). 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

You get bad batches time to time. Or as we say in here "Monday pieces". That doesn't make company or product bad. Like it wouldn't make them bad if retailer would be slow with shipping or it would be damaged during shipping.

If you would get another bad piece from RMA, or several, that would make product bad quality. Still company could be on better side. If multiple products from them would be consistently bad, it would be bad company all together.

To note. I've RMA'd two items twice. Both times 3rd product has been the good one. Companies were Kingston (top notch company in my eyes) and Microsoft (mid tier).

5 hours ago, Darhagonable said:

is AsRock good?

They have come long way. I wouldn't nessessarily pick them to my rig, but they aren't nearly as bad as 10 years ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, Darhagonable said:

is AsRock good?

No. If you want an explanation, search around. I don't feel like giving details, but it's along the lines of their mobos using low-quality parts or something like that.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

An Asus motherboard of mine broke after about 1 and a half years of use (the Southbridge I believe overheated and the PC wouldn't turn on again..) anyways, got a new one from Asus which has been up an running for the past 3 years or something new.

I still think Asus makes some quality stuff though and if their component was the best for the money and scenario I would still get it.

One bad experience doesn't make it so I don't trust the entire company.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 hours ago, Darhagonable said:

is AsRock good?

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. I had a frustrating experience with AsRock involving 2 DOA motherboards in two days, one of which I was just barely able to return, and I tend to spend a bit more for Gigabyte or ASUS motherboards as a result. If you're on a tight budget and you need something that will do the job without any of the fancy bells and whistles, they're ok.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. I had a frustrating experience with AsRock involving 2 DOA motherboards in two days, one of which I was just barely able to return, and I tend to spend a bit more for Gigabyte or ASUS motherboards as a result. If you're on a tight budget and you need something that will do the job without any of the fancy bells and whistles, they're ok.

Heh. For me I got one of their boards used and it's been working for just over a year now for me.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Heh. For me I got one of their boards used and it's been working for just over a year now for me.

Not the first person I've heard that from at all. That's why I tend to lean towards their being ok. I mean, a $45 H81M board is a $45 H81M board. If it boots, you win. If it doesn't boot, you return it. If it still doesn't boot, you buy an ASUS.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Not the first person I've heard that from at all. That's why I tend to lean towards their being ok. I mean, a $45 H81M board is a $45 H81M board. If it boots, you win. If it doesn't boot, you return it. If it still doesn't boot, you buy an ASUS.

Lol, fair enough.

If i am not mistaken, a French site did a roundup on RMA rate for 2015, all four major brands were under 3%, with Asus having the lowest RMA rate, followed by Gigabyte, who was nearly tied with ASRock, and MSI was last.

9 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

No. If you want an explanation, search around. I don't feel like giving details, but it's along the lines of their mobos using low-quality parts or something like that.

If you can't give reason why you call company bad, just don't post. Thats not really contributing anything. They might use lower quality parts than Asus, MSI and Gigabyte. But are still more established than Biostar. I still have working AsRock mobo from 2004/5. Only issue with it is BIOS being dumbass with IDE devices (and apparently slow-ish PCIe).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv